A point of emphasis on manners...

SDS

I would like to state upfront what the policy is here, and I'm embarrassed that it has to be spelled out for some of you.

We have some special guests here that provide their time, knowledge and insight to us and for that we are grateful. They do this for free. We welcome their participation and we will do what we need to do in order to facilitate that.

Feel free to engage these individuals with your questions and your comments in a reasoned, tactful manner. You don't have to like what they report. You don't have to agree with what they report. But I can assure you that from this point forward your engagement with them on THIS forum will be respectful.

If you can't phrase your comment or objection as if these individuals were sitting across the dinner table from you - then just keep it to yourself. Plain and simple. Just don't write it.

If you lack restraint - we will quickly provide that for you. We wish you luck in your future endeavors. This goes for old-timers and newbies alike.

For those of you wanting to argue this - don't bother. I will not side with your lack of civility, I will not side with ignorant ramblings over professionalism.

Let me reiterate, tactful criticism and skepticism are welcomed. Being a rude jackass is not.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume we get an exemption for ragging on jw in the "Last Post Wins" thread, at least?

This really applies to their day jobs and the work they do in support of that.

Anyone who engages in politics/musical/misc... banter knows the deal when they enter that world.

I can't believe it has to be spelled out either. :flirt:

This really applies to their day jobs and the work they do in support of that.

Anyone who engages in politics/musical/misc... banter knows the deal when they enter that world.

I think Dev's thread should finally be closed and all should hail :doh: the much better thread!! Which is, of course, mine. :)

Mine has Riboflavin, Dev's offers no nutritive value at all.

Just sayin.

I would like to state upfront what the policy is here, and I'm embarrassed that it has to be spelled out for some of you.

We have some special guests here that provide their time, knowledge and insight to us and for that we are grateful. They do this for free. We welcome their participation and we will do what we need to do in order to facilitate that.

Feel free to engage these individuals with your questions and your comments in a reasoned, tactful manner. You don't have to like what they report. You don't have to agree with what they report. But I can assure you that from this point forward your engagement with them on THIS forum will be respectful.

If you can't phrase your comment or objection as if these individuals were sitting across the dinner table from you - then just keep it to yourself. Plain and simple. Just don't write it.

If you lack restraint - we will quickly provide that for you. We wish you luck in your future endeavors. This goes for old-timers and newbies alike.

For those of you wanting to argue this - don't bother. I will not side with your lack of civility, I will not side with ignorant ramblings over professionalism.

Let me reiterate, tactful criticism and skepticism are welcomed. Being a rude jackass is not.

So who died and made you boss?

I keed. I keed.

Sad we need the reminder.

Thanks for all you've done over the years, Scott.

GO BILLS!!!

I know I've done much more reading than posting, but I visit this site at least a few times a day while on the road. I was honestly floored with some of the insane comments in the Tim Graham threads....I mean, asking someone to out a source? That was just nuts.

Thanks SDS for keeping this board civil and giving Bills fans a place to discuss the team and vent...within reason. Your message was well crafted, and I'm glad you'll take action to remove those who can't play by the rules.

How bout jail time for violators?

Thank you :-)

For my full thoughts on this post just check out my reply to Tim's suggestion of possibly "shutting this down" in regards to his exclusive thread. So to keep it short,

THANK YOU!!!! I whole-heartedly agree and wish that your class and kuth could be the standard rather than the exception.