What will the "Big Move" be this offseason to sell tickets?

billsfreak

Last season when season ticket sales were low, they brought in T.O. and it pretty much took care of that issue, and 2009 became one of the better ticket sales years ever. With the fanbase in such a disappointing position when it comes to the Bills now, it seems almost a must for Ralph and the boys in the FO to make some type of move to help sell tickets, as the recent coach hiring won't do it. I am not saying that it is what I want, but if I had to guess one big name that they will bring in this year to sell tickets, I would guess Michael Vick. Gailey has a history of working with athletic type quarterbacks, vice immobile pocket passers. Other possibilites might be Calvin Johnson (whom I believe Gailey recruited at Georgia Tech), Brandon Marshall, or maybe LT? What are some other guesses of who they might bring in to make a splash this off season?

I love how people latch onto one thing and assume this is the norm. If the Bills were really worried about ticket sales they probably wouldn't have hired Chan Gailey as coach. It's obvious to me that we actually have a football mind running the show now. Buddy Nix knows that ticket sales come with winning.

I love how people latch onto one thing and assume this is the norm. If the Bills were really worried about ticket sales they probably wouldn't have hired Chan Gailey as coach. It's obvious to me that we actually have a football mind running the show now. Buddy Nix knows that ticket sales come with winning.

What?! You don't think the Gailey hire qualifies?! :ph34r:

:wallbash:

Based upon statements made by Nix I don't expect a big splash FA signing/trade. Brandon might like it but Nix has said he wants mid to low tier free agents.

how do you think they can get Calvin Johnson?? is a free agent?? Detroit wont let him go, right??

Wasn't really the point of the post but check out this story from 19 August 2009-at that time it was the 3rd highest in team history. Not sure what it ended up at.

Ticket Sales

They did "technically" sell out every game if I remember correctly.

Its amazing but that Colts game was the only one that was ever really in serious danger of not being a sell-out and that game ended up being the most fun of all of them.

rolando mcclain and bryan bulaga in the draft

Last season when season ticket sales were low, they brought in T.O. and it pretty much took care of that issue, and 2009 became one of the better ticket sales years ever. With the fanbase in such a disappointing position when it comes to the Bills now, it seems almost a must for Ralph and the boys in the FO to make some type of move to help sell tickets, as the recent coach hiring won't do it. I am not saying that it is what I want, but if I had to guess one big name that they will bring in this year to sell tickets, I would guess Michael Vick. Gailey has a history of working with athletic type quarterbacks, vice immobile pocket passers. Other possibilites might be Calvin Johnson (whom I believe Gailey recruited at Georgia Tech), Brandon Marshall, or maybe LT? What are some other guesses of who they might bring in to make a splash this off season?

sign michael vick. It would get people riled and if he's still got it could get us to the playoffs in the same year that we finally fix the offensive line. Next year draft a qb with our number one, but this year its two tackles and a good defensive lineman and/or outside linebacker.

Based upon statements made by Nix I don't expect a big splash FA signing/trade. Brandon might like it but Nix has said he wants mid to low tier free agents.

how do you think they can get Calvin Johnson?? is a free agent?? Detroit wont let him go, right??

There has been talk that the Lions might be shopping him.

that would be a very good day.....

mcclain will most likely be there at #9..........we would have to pkg our #2 & #3 picks to move back into the first round to get bulaga, probably in the #15-20 range.

but, that does not address QB.......

getting clauson or bradford at #9.....would be a "big move".

Calvin Johnson? OMG - you have been at the Koolaid pitcher too long....

Not that it means anything, but Mike Florio made a reference to Johnson on PFT in his story announcing the Gailey hire. It sounded like he was pulling it out of nowhere, but it's not the first time I've seen it. That said, I agree that it has no chance in hell of happening.

Calvin Johnson? OMG - you have been at the Koolaid pitcher too long....

OMG-Not! Just online too long reading ESPN websites. Sorry if they are inaccurate, only said I read it, not that I was in a meeting that said he was available. Koolaid is pretty good though, mix in some rum and ice-and run around yelling "Hey Koolaid!"

Not that it means anything, but Mike Florio made a reference to Johnson on PFT in his story announcing the Gailey hire. It sounded like he was pulling it out of nowhere, but it's not the first time I've seen it. That said, I agree that it has no chance in hell of happening.

The Bills have no chance of going to the Superbowl next year too, but it is the boring time of the year, so why can't we at least fantasize about it?

Open bars! :ph34r:

Pfft, Bulaga is a whale. :ph34r:

that would be a very good day.....

mcclain will most likely be there at #9..........we would have to pkg our #2 & #3 picks to move back into the first round to get bulaga, probably in the #15-20 range.

but, that does not address QB.......

getting clauson or bradford at #9.....would be a "big move".

In the past Gailey has managed to do a lot with a little in his systems. I say wait a year and see what he can do with the guys on the team now.

OMG-Not! Just online too long reading ESPN websites. Sorry if they are inaccurate, only said I read it, not that I was in a meeting that said he was available. Koolaid is pretty good though, mix in some rum and ice-and run around yelling "Hey Koolaid!"

A friend of mine in college could make "Alabama Slammers" that tasted just like Kool-Aid. You couldn't taste the alcohol at all which led to many nights driving the big porcelain bus. :wallbash:

I would say Michael Vick and either Derrick Johnson or Shawne Merriman.

Maybe Tebow in the draft. If Jacksonville or New England doesn't get him?

Either keep T.O. or they sign Chris Chambers or Kassim Osgood?

Or Vincent Jackson, if he becomes a free agent...possibly a trade?

I bet Washington gets Brandon Marshall. He will reunite with Shanahan.

(for a WR I wouldn't mind Kevin Walter. He plays the "Wes Welker" role for Matt Schaub and the Texans.)