Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the teams left in the playoffs.

NO- not smashmouth

MIN - Not smashmouth

IND - not smashmouth

NJY - smashmouth with tough D

Even the teams that were just knocked out....not smashmouth

THe NFL is a pass happy league.

We dont "need" smashmouth , but we sure as **** dont need Martz gimmicks and 60 passes per game.

tis. I would despise a Martz signing. I don't want a gimmick offense. I want smashmouth and defense and an offensive line that can hold a block enough to make a downfield throw

It was kind of successful in St. Louis. Warner had 400 yards every week and every game they played in went over.

Look at the teams left in the playoffs.

NO- not smashmouth

MIN - Not smashmouth

IND - not smashmouth

NJY - smashmouth with tough D

NO: Dome Team

MIN: Dome Team

IND: Dome Team

NYJ: Outdoor Stadium

It is easy to be a pass-happy team when you play at least half of your games inside.

Gameday 2010:

2 minutes remaining. The Bills, trailing by two, have a critical decision to make on 4th and 8, trailing by 2, at the NE 41. Gailey stares across the field, sees Belichik, shats the bed, takes a 5 yard penalty for delay of game to get into better punting range, and punts. Pats run out the clock. Under fire from the media, Gailey says it was the right call, just poor execution.

Gameday 2010:

2 minutes remaining. The Bills, trailing by two, have a critical decision to make on 4th and 8, trailing by 2, at the NE 41. Gailey stares across the field, sees Belichik, shats the bed, takes a 5 yard penalty for delay of game to get into better punting range, and punts. Pats run out the clock. Under fire from the media, Gailey says it was the right call, just poor execution.

It's like ground hog day

It is easy to be a pass-happy team when you play at least half of your games inside.

That's a good point. I'm just confused, since all we read on this website for the past 2 years is how Edwards is Captain Checkdown, and we don't stretch the field. Now, there's a possibility that an OC could be hired who is known for throwing bombs, and everyone's pissed off about it. (not calling you out, Special K, just happened to quote your post)

I say bring it on. Add some excitement to this offense, for a change. Save the smashmouth for snowstorms. Other than that, air it out!

That's a good point. I'm just confused, since all we read on this website for the past 2 years is how Edwards is Captain Checkdown, and we don't stretch the field. Now, there's a possibility that an OC could be hired who is known for throwing bombs, and everyone's pissed off about it. (not calling you out, Special K, just happened to quote your post)

I say bring it on. Add some excitement to this offense, for a change. Save the smashmouth for snowstorms. Other than that, air it out!

Right and what about the other half of the schedule that they dont play at home? NO and IND seemed to do pretty well. NE has had years of success throwing the ball around outside,....CIN made playoffs throwing the ball in bad weather area........ GB ?

I mean cmon even the Bills in the golden years werent smashmouth.

It was kind of successful in St. Louis. Warner had 400 yards every week and every game they played in went over.

One word: DOME.

Pass predicated offense just won't cut it in Buffalo in November and December. Gotta run the ball. Of course, Martz's St. Louis offenses ran very well, too. Just like the K-Gun did. When we get 5 OLmen that will allow us to spread the field we'll be there.

GO BILLS!!!

Further, I'd like to point out that NO, Minn., and Indy have three of the (if not thee) best QBs in the league.

One word: DOME.

Pass predicated offense just won't cut it in Buffalo in November and December. Gotta run the ball. Of course, Martz's St. Louis offenses ran very well, too. Just like the K-Gun did. When we get 5 OLmen that will allow us to spread the field we'll be there.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't forget we have a December home game in a dome too.

thurman tweeted that gailey has his staff in place already

Ha, was just going to post that!

Direct quote:

"Just talked to Coach Gailey, he's already got his coaching staff together. I cldnt get anything out of him. I have a meetin wit Buddy nx wk"