The Earliest Season Record Predictions

bills in va

I know there are a multitude of factors yet to be determined but it's fun to take a stab at predicting the Bills final record this year. I am going with 10 wins-6 losses. Yes that right 10-6. Each year in a few divisions there are teams that go from last to first. Now I don't feel they can take first place but 10 wins is possible if Buddy and Co. make a few essential moves.

They bring in a good QB to run his system. They find a LT either in the draft or FA. They fortify their defense with a stud LB, DE and DT. We are only talking about 5 new NFL starting caliber players. It is very possible and even likely given the shakeup we've seen thus far. I realize I am over simplifying the work needing done to finish with this record but unlike others I don't think it's impossible either.

I am predicting 10-6. You heard it first here, today. What are your record predictions? Who ever gets it right will have bragging rights for the entire offseason and will be declared MASTER PROGNOSTICATOR of TBD.

Alright....Whatcha got?

I know there are a multitude of factors yet to be determined but it's fun to take a stab at predicting the Bills final record this year. I am going with 10 wins-6 losses. Yes that right 10-6. Each year in a few divisions there are teams that go from last to first. Now I don't feel they can take first place but 10 wins is possible if Buddy and Co. make a few essential moves.

They bring in a good QB to run his system. They find a LT either in the draft or FA. They fortify their defense with a stud LB, DE and DT. We are only talking about 5 new NFL starting caliber players. It is very possible and even likely given the shakeup we've seen thus far. I realize I am over simplifying the work needing done to finish with this record but unlike others I don't think it's impossible either.

I am predicting 10-6. You heard it first here, today. What are your record predictions? Who ever gets it right will have bragging rights for the entire offseason and will be declared MASTER PROGNOSTICATOR of TBD.

Alright....Whatcha got?

3-13 and one step closer to moving out of Buffalo. 10-6, with what talent? what QB? What coaching staff? WTF?

I am thinking 9-7, a winning season, and at least in playoff contention till the end. (This is all assuming we fill the OT/QB holes in the draft, and he pulls in a decent DC).

I like the hire, I like seeing that he is a winner, and I like that we have someone who has playoff experience as a HC. He isn't the big name, but he wins, and that is what we need.

Go Bills!

Now go get LeFevour and lets start rolling.

I am thinking 9-7, a winning season, and at least in playoff contention till the end. (This is all assuming we fill the OT/QB holes in the draft, and he pulls in a decent DC).

I like the hire, I like seeing that he is a winner, and I like that we have someone who has playoff experience as a HC. He isn't the big name, but he wins, and that is what we need.

Go Bills!

3-13 is my prediction and that is a good thing in my opinion. We don't have enough talent at several positions and we are 2-3 good drafts from getting enough. LeFevour could be the answer but he is gone by the time we draft in the third round and I don't know if Nix will take him higher than that. I am predicting two horrible seasons followed by a 9-7 season.

Go Bills!

exactly where has he been a winner as a HC ?

I think, I am not sure, but I think that making the playoffs both years that he has been a HC is considered a winner.

No team that he has been with anywhere as a head coach has improved under his guidance. The second year with Dallas he dropped the team to 8-8 and backed in to the playoffs because the NFC sucked that year.

He has a winning record as both the HC in Dallas and for Georgia Tech.

Everyone can get down on Gailey as an "unspiring pick" but he does have a winning record everywhere, and did some impressive things with lesser QB's than we currently have (Stewart, Tomczak, etc.)

The Bills play the NFC North and AFC North next year. They'll probably have a poor AFC East divisional record because Miami, the Jets, and NE all have a lot more talent than the Bills. Let's say 2-4 in the division for the sake of argument. They'll also face Minnesota, Green Bay, the Bears, Detroit, Pitt, Baltimore, Cincy, and the Browns. I'd say 2-6/3-5, but more likely 2-6. Then they've got the Raiders and the Jags. They could potentially go 2-0 there, but maybe 1-1. That's 5-7 wins.

6-10 is the new normal. Ralph dies next offseason, throwing the front office into a further mess, disrupting offseason prep/contracts/draft. 3-13 in 2011-12, then bye bye.

I'm usually more optimistic, but the last week has been brutal.

Lets go Sabres.

Alright....Whatcha got?

8-8, with a few late season wins to get them there (i.e., they will never really be in contention). It won't be bad enough for Gailey to be fired and it will result in another draft pick in the 8-12 range.

5-11 based on:

(A) a general lack of talent, and

(B) The fact that a new offense and defense will be installed by the new staff (whomever they might be), so there will be a learning curve

... once the team gets comfortable with the new systems, we're still left with (A)

1-15. This team is going down, not up. Maybe 2-14 if they can actually get a free agent or two to come here and they don't screw up another draft. They need a QB, WR, OT, DE and LB. Plus some decent depth for a change. Long way off for the Bills to being a contender for anything other than the 1st overall pick.

5-11 with luck

Gailey compiled six winning seasons in six years at the helm. However, he never defeated Tech's biggest rival, the University of Georgia, never won the ACC, never went to a BCS bowl, never won more than 9 games, and never finished in the top 25. The 2006 season was his most successful at Georgia Tech winning the ACC Coastal Division, but losing his last 3 games to rival UGA, Wake Forest in the ACC championship game and West Virginia in the Gator Bowl. (from wiki)