Source: Frazier next Bills HC

buffalo1983

I once knew a guy ... who said he knew someone who had spoken with another guy who was listening to talk radio when he had an epiphany by looking at a slice of Bocce's pizza and somehow he knew exactly what the Bills were going to do regarding their head coaching position even before Nix knew and to top it off ... he was able to predict not just this season's win-loss total but the next 4 years game results.

And, the guy said that even though most playoff teams had Head Coaches who came out of the Assistant Coach ranks that the positioning of the pepperoni on that prophetic slide of Bocce's told him that the Bills needed to be different ... needed to find a washed up ... over the hill ... burnt out ... former head coach to lead the team because a younger, energetic Assistant Head Coach would just cause heart burn.

I am so thrilled that I can discover all of the Bills' inner secrets and plans here on the Wall or by talking with my guy who knew a guy who once met a guy in a dark alley ...

mmmm now I am hungry for some pizza ... maybe I'll get a vision too!

:unsure:

Nice contribution.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine, but you can't claim a 2-4 record as a fact, when factually speaking it was 3-4.

True...But Dave's point is also valid...If the Colts need that Game they destroy The Bills, and we all know it...If you don't know it you're not paying enough attention... :unsure:

here's what you can do - stop whining & put your big boy pants on. you want some "coach's" to come here & turn this team around?....

your last statement is classic Buffalo self-loathing and inferiority..

Well if their isn't anyone else out there that wants the job,then their is nothing you can really do. Nobody wants to come here and they really don't have many to pick from. I wish someone like Cowher would come here but what can you do. All we can hope is for some coach's to come here and turn this team around and hopefully others will look at us in a different way. All we can do is just HOPE!

:unsure:

Don't forget ... Dallas wasn't always the "dream job." They had to go through low-end coaches and build up their reputation gradually. Remember Dave Campo???

Sorry, but that had nothing to do with Dallas as a destination and everything to do with Jerry Jones ego. Leave that piece out of your equation.

No offense...But this is the type of post that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the past 10 years have taken their toll on some Bills Fans regarding their expectations...

Fewell went 3-4 as a Head Coach...3-4...that's one game under .500...How exactly can that be considered doing well? He did no better than Jauron would have normally...And Jauron sucked...On top of that Fewell's Defenses, while good at times, were also terrible at other times over the past 4 years...So I'm not sure what makes him so outstanding overall...

I think the same about Frazier...We need to raise the bar in Buffalo...I seriously doubt Frazier will be able to do that in THIS organization...I think Frazier is a terrible, terrible hire for THIS Team at this point in time...It's just more of the same approach that has us where we are...Raiders East, as one Poster pointed out so cleverly...

If Frazier comes to The Bills I hope to God I'm wrong...But he simply does nothing for me...I wonder how much he would be considered without those 3 monsters on his front 4...I'd give Cowher 100 million before I'd hire Frazier...But I realize that's just me...And it's easy for me to spend the money Ralph never will... :unsure:

Some (most) Bills fans would like to see the bar raised. Unfortunately, it takes two to tango. The leadership and decision making of the team's executive staff in recent years has been so suspect and shoddy that it is becoming obvious to anyone not in deep denial that this is Oakland East. The setting of the bar is seemingly irrelevant in a situation where there is no one willing to even show up, let alone attempt to jump over it.

Sorry, but that had nothing to do with Dallas as a destination and everything to do with Jerry Jones ego. Leave that piece out of your equation.

That's okay. But you think that if Jerry Jones was a better owner to work for, then the best coaching candidates would have flocked there back when they were a horrible football team?

That's okay. But you think that if Jerry Jones was a better owner to work for, then the best coaching candidates would have flocked there back when they were a horrible football team?

You misunderstand me, sorry. Jones ran JJ (pig faced satan) out of town because he (Jones) could lead the team to the playoffs and SB. It didn't matter to him who the coach was because it was his team.

Campo wasn't hired because nobody wanted to coach in Dallas. Campo was hired because Jerry's ego told him that with him (Jerry) in charge even Campo would work. Staying in house, promoting from within, continuity all played a part, but Jerry's ego was by far the biggest part.

in my humble opinion, the best man available for head coach is marty schottenheimer. No one is talking about marty. He is an ex-player (buffalo) and a great teacher of the game. Look at the coaches that were his assistants; Tony Dungy, Cam Cameron, Bill Cowher and Herm Edwards. The only reason he did not win super bowls in the 90's was the fact that he coached against the great Bills teams! In 21 years, the man has 200 victories, had and only two losing seasons, and had 11 seasons with 10 victories or more. Why would the bills want a HC? And Seattle offers carroll 35 mill! marty can assemble a staff in a weekend and put buffalo back on the map. i'm outa here

I dont want Frazier, would not be excited for him, and will expect another 3 years of garbage football and fans like us putting up stupid billboards, bitching about how we suck, etc etc

Unless these clowns are going to roll in a guy who has WON a superbowl, this franchise is as good as gone.

in my humble opinion, the best man available for head coach is marty schottenheimer. No one is talking about marty. He is an ex-player (buffalo) and a great teacher of the game. Look at the coaches that were his assistants; Tony Dungy, Cam Cameron, Bill Cowher and Herm Edwards. The only reason he did not win super bowls in the 90's was the fact that he coached against the great Bills teams! In 21 years, the man has 200 victories, had and only two losing seasons, and had 11 seasons with 10 victories or more. Why would the bills want a HC? And Seattle offers carroll 35 mill! marty can assemble a staff in a weekend and put buffalo back on the map. i'm outa here

Marty doesn't want to coach any more. He's had a long career and he's happily retired. He's said it over and over to anyone who would listen.

Sure...he's a great candidate. BUT HE HAS STATED THAT HE IS STAYING RETIRED.

Imagine that you're his age...you've worked hard all your life under the demands of what being an NFL head coach is (extremely long days, high stress, etc.) you walk away and are enjoying life. Three years later teams are sniffing around to see if you want to come back. Would you yourself subject your body at his age to the demands of this job?

There's a reason he wants to stay retired. In this case, it's not because he doesn't want to coach in Buffalo.

You misunderstand me, sorry. Jones ran JJ (pig faced satan) out of town because he (Jones) could lead the team to the playoffs and SB. It didn't matter to him who the coach was because it was his team.

Campo wasn't hired because nobody wanted to coach in Dallas. Campo was hired because Jerry's ego told him that with him (Jerry) in charge even Campo would work. Staying in house, promoting from within, continuity all played a part, but Jerry's ego was by far the biggest part.

Gotcha. And I have to agree with you. Strike that part of my equation!

Theres a fat guy down here in NYC who was a long time coordinator with no HC experience and took a disaster of a franchise to the playoffs in year one of his tenure, and now has that franchise poised for a lot of future success.

Im just saying.......

I wanted an experienced guy, too. I dont know why Billick isnt even being considered (did he ALSO say no?).

But if the Bills are just downright FORCED to go the "coordinator" route, so be it. At this point, it seems that might be their only choice.

No one is talking about Marty? Where have you been. half of the thread are about him but he has stated he is not going to coach again.

I dont want Frazier, would not be excited for him, and will expect another 3 years of garbage football and fans like us putting up stupid billboards, bitching about how we suck, etc etc

Unless these clowns are going to roll in a guy who has WON a superbowl, this franchise is as good as gone.

If they're won a Super Bowl, the law of averages says they're not going to win another one. Ever. How many of this year's 8 remaining teams have head coaches with rings (as a head coach)?

Theres a fat guy down here in NYC who was a long time coordinator with no HC experience and took a disaster of a franchise to the playoffs in year one of his tenure, and now has that franchise poised for a lot of future success.

Im just saying.......

I wanted an experienced guy, too. I dont know why Billick isnt even being considered (did he ALSO say no?).

But if the Bills are just downright FORCED to go the "coordinator" route, so be it. At this point, it seems that might be their only choice.

Amen to that. If the Bills ever did head to L.A., I think I'd root for whatever team Rex Ryan was coaching at the time. I love that guy. We need someone like that.

If true, it's a typical uninspired hire at a time when the franchise is at a crossroads and cannot afford another blunder. This guy seems like more of a Jauron clone tha say a Mike Tomlin. Be ready for the "He's the guy we targeted all along" presser from Nix. Garbage. The Tampa 2 only works with exceptional athletes. Newsflash: we don't have them. This team needs to go to a 3-4 and stock up on LB's . Then get a true noseman. It will take far too long for this team to be any good running a cover 2 scheme. We need new players at almost every position in the front 7 to be effective. Get Harbaugh. At least he's been a head coach at some level and turned around a joke of a college program.

We have invested a lot of draft resources in the defense. If we tear that down, and by tear that down I mean change schemes to a 3-4, we are not going to the playoffs anytime soon. We need to get the offense at a level where it is competitive. We have not had an offense rank in the top 25 for 7 years. We need our OFFENSE to make the next jump, if we sink major draft resources into the defense, we may as well include a Hamster wheel in the Bills logo.

I'm not saying we can't move away from the T2 into a different defense, but I think whatever defense we play has to be a 4-3 if we want to see a quick turnaround with this team.

FWIW Tomlin is a 4-3 guy, but he plays a 3-4 in Pittsburgh (for now) because that is what he inherited and what the players on the roster dictate. We need a coach who can get the most out of the players we have currently, and use the draft over time to change the scheme.

Im just saying.......

the Fat guy has two great lines to work with. The Fat guy's team physically dominated us this year. We need to rebuild the lines or the Fat guy will always beat us down

My concern with the coordinator route has nothing to do with the qualifications or potential of any of the candidates. Some of them will probably turn out to be great NFL head coaches.

The problem is the Bills simply stink at identifying coordinators to hire as their head coach. In the 50 year history of the Bills, I cannot remember former coordinator they hired to be head coach that was successful. The 3 most successful coaches I remember, Saban, Knox, and Levy were head coaches in the league (Saban at least on his second tour).

I don't even know why Frazier's a candidate. His defense has been very inconsistant all year and he's got 3 true probowlers on his D-line....I don't get it....

ditto. Fewell would be a "hot candidate" too with the talent Frazier has at his disposal.

I don't even know why Frazier's a candidate. His defense has been very inconsistant all year and he's got 3 true probowlers on his D-line....I don't get it....

Exactly...I just don't understand why this guy is even in the running...Because Dungy is marketing on his behalf? I don't get it...I think a guy like Russ Grimm has a MUCH better Resume than Frazier...I'm not 100% opposed to going the Coordinator route...But when the names are Frazier and Fewell...Well...I think we can do better than that...I KNOW we can do better... :unsure:

Im just saying.......

What are you talking about, the last two head coaches had the Jets in the playoffs? In 04 Herm Edwards had them 10-6 and won a playoff game that got Marty fired. The Mangenius went 10-6 in 06, I'd hardly call that franchise a disaster.

One of the best O lines in the NFL and the best running attack, the problem with the Jets the last 6 years has been QB injuries.

BTW, who drafted Derrelle Revis...before you cannonize Rex Ryan. That "fat man" inherited a darn good team, all he did was straighten out the defense.

Im just saying.......

I completely disagree, The JETS were hardly a disaster. They had a very impressive defense that was 1 year away from having the best CB in the league and a leader LB away from having a strong defense.

They were missing a QB, and WR from the equation along with a dedication to an already strong running game.

You couldnt be more off.

Looks like once the Vikings are eliminated from the postseason, Frazier will be the next HC of the Buffalo Bills. From a Source coming from Terry Long. Terry use to work for Yahoo Sports,ESPN and even Sirius Radio.

The source also told him that a "handshake" deal is in place.

My source says youre wrong.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

From Mark Gaughan:

Frazier factor

We expect to hear from Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer today (honest) about his decision to pass up the chance to interview for the Bills' head coaching job. I had been told that he was due to talk Wednesday, but Thursday is his day to talk this week.

Schottenheimer no doubt is being sincere about his comfort level and happiness working for Rex Ryan in New York. He talked about that at length last week even before the Bills put in a request to speak with him. However, there is speculation in the NFL that also among the factors in Schottenheimer's decision was his expectation that Leslie Frazier has the job locked up.

---Mark Gaughan

Schottenheimer no doubt is being sincere about his comfort level and happiness working for Rex Ryan in New York. He talked about that at length last week even before the Bills put in a request to speak with him. However, there is speculation in the NFL that also among the factors in Schottenheimer's decision was his expectation that Leslie Frazier has the job locked up.

---Mark Gaughan

That can't be...I was told it's because Buffalo is an EPIC FAILURE.

Oh, you CAN win with a coordinator ( Tomlin, Payton, Fisher, Ryan et al ) I just don't want THAT coordinator. There is nothing innovative or exceptional about him. He runs a defensive system similar to the one we have had crashing failure with for years. The 3-4 is where it's at these days, and an attacking defense is in order. He also has possibly the best D line in football to do it. His manner is similar to Jauron. This franchise needs a new energy, and I don't see this guy as having it. Perhaps Frazier will be a good HC somewhere, but it doesn't look like a good fit here.

OK, what do you consider innovative then? Throwing on first down (not innovative), practicing on the moon (not practical), throwing tons of screen passes (not innovative), drafting well (teams do this all the time).

Please tell me what you consider innovative and why he could be a good coach elsewhere, but not here. If thats the case, maybe the Bills need to make some changes- so guys like that could do well here.

From Mark Gaughan:

Frazier factor

We expect to hear from Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer today (honest) about his decision to pass up the chance to interview for the Bills' head coaching job. I had been told that he was due to talk Wednesday, but Thursday is his day to talk this week.

---Mark Gaughan

Reverse Rooney rule?