Grimm tells us why the Bills gig isn't that good.

DarthICE

“It’s always flattering when you’re considered for it,” Grimm said of the Bills’ interest, “but you’ve got to wait and see what it all contains and pertains to and how it’s run—but that’s all down the road.”

that says it all right there. Ralph has a bad rap and so does this front office. I would immagine we aren't getting anyone worth a damn if Ralph keeps butting his nose in and clowns like Modrak and Guy are kept around with their crappy track records.

ANY new HC coming into THIS Situation is gonna want say over personnel. The Bills brass just better get ready to hand it over.

EXACTLY. Connect the dots.... he's a Pittsburgh guy, Cowher is a Pittsburgh guy and Donahoe was a Pittsburgh guy. Regardless of relationships or any bad blood between any of them, you can bet that what happened here with Donahoe was well-known inside the Steeler organization.

I'll say it until someone proves otherwise... RW is the problem. He's the one constant on this team for 50 years od mediocrity and eipc FAIL. He's meddling, controlling and too involved in the draft.

"It's always flattering when you're considered for it," Grimm said of the Bills' interest, "but you've got to wait and see what it all contains and pertains to and how it's run—but that's all down the road."

that says it all right there. Ralph has a bad rap and so does this front office. I would immagine we aren't getting anyone worth a damn if Ralph keeps butting his nose in and clowns like Modrak and Guy are kept around with their crappy track records.

ANY new HC coming into THIS Situation is gonna want say over personnel. The Bills brass just better get ready to hand it over.

You really know how to read some crap into some crap, huh? I imagine if you asked any employeed person about taking another job and you'd get a similar answer. Do you really expect him to jump for joy and say, "I'll do whatever it takes to be a HC, please ooh please, I don't care about anything, jsut give me the chance."?

Step away from the ledge.

EXACTLY. Connect the dots.... he's a Pittsburgh guy, Cowher is a Pittsburgh guy and Donahoe was a Pittsburgh guy. Regardless of relationships or any bad blood between any of them, you can bet that what happened here with Donahoe was well-known inside the Steeler organization.

I'll say it until someone proves otherwise... RW is the problem. He's the one constant on this team for 50 years od mediocrity and eipc FAIL. He's meddling, controlling and too involved in the draft.

What's that? He was given full run of the organization and ran it into the ground in 5 years. Poor, poor pitiful Donohoe. If only Ralph would have given him more than total control, maybe he could have hired a decent coach and drafted a QB.

You really know how to read some crap into some crap, huh? I imagine if you asked any employeed person about taking another job and you'd get a similar answer. Do you really expect him to jump for joy and say, "I'll do whatever it takes to be a HC, please ooh please, I don't care about anything, jsut give me the chance."?

I agree. What BS.

What Grimm said is he needs to sit down and have a face-to-face INTERVIEW with the team first. Duh!

I really don't care what a "running game coordinator" thinks. He has a loser title that screams I'm too stupid to be given the responsibility of an offensive coordinator.

Have you ever met him? Seems like your take is a bit hasty and superficial.

Keep in mind the difference between sizzle and steak.

I wouldn't underestimate someone like Russ Grimm.

RW turned the reins over to Donahoe. he had complete control. Donahoe's failings are no ones fault but his own.

If Russ Grimm is such a wonderful HC candidate then why has he been passed over time and time again? Who cares what RG thinks?

If these guys do not want the HC position here then I defintely do not want them.

J Garrett turned down Atlanta and Baltimore, Rivera turned down Seattle as did L Frazier originally. It happens ALL the time. Maybe certain situations are good for some and no thers like EVERYTHING ELSE in life.

Don't make it out to be more than it is.

“It’s always flattering when you’re considered for it,” Grimm said of the Bills’ interest, “but you’ve got to wait and see what it all contains and pertains to and how it’s run—but that’s all down the road.”

"I like lemon."

That says it all there, he hates everything but citrus fruits and papaya makes him nauseous to the point of being a threat to his health. And also he can't stand U2 even though he respects their live chops. Says it all. I mean, what more does the guy have to say. Can't you read between the lines? "I like lemon," puh - leeze.

+1

Then he should know TD was a dufus.....

Wow, you really had to stretch for that one. Of course anybody is going to want to see how things are run. At least the Bills have a football guy and I'm sure that WHOEVER comes in here is going to have a say in players picked...I mean Dick the idiot Jauron is the one who drafted all these Mighty Mouse guys.....

Great post.

OP needs to stop reading between every line.

Ralph earned his bad rap by being a cheapskate and not retaining his own stud RFAs and UFAs, let alone signing UFAs that played for other teams. Ralph also never pays for an established NFL coach and he has guessed wrong on ALL the NFL coordinators he hired to be HC in the past 10 years.

Modrak and Guy are awful, just look at the vast majority of the complete BUST 1st round picks in the past 10 years: Erik Flowers, Mike Williams, JP Loser, McCargo, Maybin, etc. Bills will continue to be bad until they are both fired, which won't happen until Ralph is gone.

No current NFL coordinator has been even mildly excited about interviewing for the Bills HC position. That speaks VOLUMES about how the Bills are really viewed in the NFL. Bills are a complete joke and they will suck until Ralph is gone.

Grimm would come here in a second and be HC. We are just wasting time until Cowher decides to come here.

More delusion. Grimm and Schott haven't expressed the slightest interest in even interviewing for the job. Cowher clearly has absolutely no interest in the job. Bills tried to woo Shanahan but he jumped at the Skins job. What kool-aid are you people drinking?

Save your energy and root for the Sabres.

More delusion. Grimm and Schott haven't expressed the slightest interest in even interviewing for the job. Cowher clearly has absolutely no interest in the job. Bills tried to woo Shanahan but he jumped at the Skins job. What kool-aid are you people drinking?

Why are you here

Why are you on a Bills website anyway?

Buffalo is a BILLS town!

Let the Sabres go to Hamilton!

Misleading thread title. Grimm's quote in no way substantiates the thread.

Worst thread of the year. And I just contributed to it. :censored::lol:

If you could get your lips off of ralphs ass for 5 minutes you will see he told it as it is in a very PC way. This job SUCKS and no one worth a damn wants to touch it. Ralph is going to have to pony up the power or we won't get a HC worth a ****

Could it be that you are reading more into these comments than are really there? This just sounds like the standard "I'm going to find out all about it before I make a decision."

I don't know what evidence you guys have who keep giving Ralph the too cheep to hire a name coach label.

Ralph has 3 times hired a former NFL coach of the year (1969, 1978,2006) and gotten 7-20-1 (John Rauch), 37-36 (Chuck Knox) and 7-9x3 plus this season for his efforts.

Ralph has 7 times promoted one of his assistants and gotten first picks like OJ and Bruce out of those disasters with only Wade Philips (30-9) having a winning record ( Joel Collier did have one 9-4-1 season but finished 13-16-1 over 2 plus seasons).

Ralph has hired up and coming assistants from other teams only twice ( Mike Mularky 14-18 and Greg Williams 17-31).

Ralphs 2 successful hires were career losing coaches, fired by their teams who resurected their careers in Buffalo (Lou Sabin and Marv Levy).

Based on this analysis, it is best for Ralph to avoid any successful NFL coaces, avoid any assistants, do not promote from within, but find a coach who has been fired from a team worse than ours.It may be time to bring someone fired by the Lions, Chiefs, Raiders etc.

Yet, if we had only had a decent HC the last 7-9 years, adding 2-4 more wins per year to the equation, which, MF'er, was do-able with the rosters we've had, even with the injuries... then Guy and Modrak would be brilliant, and you'd be melting in a puddle of my PI55.

I don't like you, or your negativity. You're a twink. Do you know what that is? Beat it. Nobody likes you.

I don't know what evidence you guys have who keep giving Ralph the too cheep to hire a name coach label.

Ralph has 3 times hired a former NFL coach of the year (1969, 1978,2006) and gotten 7-20-1 (John Rauch), 37-36 (Chuck Knox) and 7-9x3 plus this season for his efforts.

Ralph has 7 times promoted one of his assistants and gotten first picks like OJ and Bruce out of those disasters with only Wade Philips (30-9) having a winning record ( Joel Collier did have one 9-4-1 season but finished 13-16-1 over 2 plus seasons).

Ralph has hired up and coming assistants from other teams only twice ( Mike Mularky 14-18 and Greg Williams 17-31).

Ralphs 2 successful hires were career losing coaches, fired by their teams who resurected their careers in Buffalo (Lou Sabin and Marv Levy).

Based on this analysis, it is best for Ralph to avoid any successful NFL coaces, avoid any assistants, do not promote from within, but find a coach who has been fired from a team worse than ours.It may be time to bring someone fired by the Lions, Chiefs, Raiders etc.

Cool research. Shove it up Darth's Arsice. The bottom line is that you never know. F'ing Tampa Bay has won it all. We should have gone to SB1 and lost, won 25, lost 26, lost 27 and won 28... and 34... boy 'o boy... what could have been... that D of ours against the Rams O...

If Russ Grimm is such a wonderful HC candidate then why has he been passed over time and time again? Who cares what RG thinks?

Harry Truman was a complete failure at pretty much everything he ever did. Until he became one of our great Presidents.

Why has he been passed over time and time again? Because he sucks!! OR Because people made some mighty stupid personnel decisions!! Which one? Well, he's been extremely successful at every coaching job he's ever had....

Grimm is the assistant head coach in Arizona...just as he was in Pittsburgh.

He has been passed over, because he got f#$ked right in his arse. The teams that let him walk would have been a lot farther ahead to have retained him.

This dude is going to get an HC job, and when he does he will have a something to prove, and of course the fact that he is a very successful coach. I like the two of those together. We are a proud fan base, who has stuck it out, and we have something to prove. Might be too good of a fit.

Typical delusional Bills fan. Grimm is clearly not excited by the opportunity and neither is Schott. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Hmm.... could this have anything to do with the fact that they are trying to win a Super Bowl?? What would you like them to do...tell they guys they are preparing for PLAYOFF GAMES (Man, I miss those) they are on their own, because they finally got an HC job... still don't smell that coffee.

Harry Truman was a complete failure at pretty much everything he ever did. Until he became one of our great Presidents.

Why has he been passed over time and time again? Because he sucks!! OR Because people made some mighty stupid personnel decisions!! Which one? Well, he's been extremely successful at every coaching job he's ever had....

There was nothing "great" about the Truman presidency.

The thing that bothers me is why does everyone think this man would be a good head coach?

What QB's has he developed? What offensive scheme would he employ? Does he know how to call plays or run the offense? Would he be entirely dependent on whomever his coordinators are?

As an ex O linemen and line coach, and now O line coach and assistant /HC and run game coordinator with the 28th ranked run game in the NFL. Granted that O line has allowed few sacks with less then super star linemen. I just don't see how it makes him a really good head coach.

Hasn't Buffalo taken some risks with Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey as first time head coaches and failed? Then they went after an experienced head coach with a losing record and he continued down the same road.

The Bill need an offensive mind, one that can help the QB's and complete offense, not just the O line. An experienced head coach, one with a winning record, only Billick and Maricuci fit that bill IMO