Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cowher has told CBS not to ask him any questions about HC possibilities

I disagree, I feel that today finally ends all of the Cowher expectations. I believe he'll shoot down the Buffalo rumors today on CBS and we can all move on to whatever nameless future-failure coordinator we'll eventually hire.

Today should be interesting, that's for sure.

The thing that still keeps going through my mind is, the bills DID meet with Cowher and neither side has said a definitive YES or NO.

Neither of the 2 parties involved has confirmed one way or the other. IMHO if Cowher was uninterested he would have already said so publicly. Because he hasn't that leads me to believe he is seriously considering coming to Buffalo. The Pregame show today should have some indication of which way he is leaning.

The thing that still keeps going through my mind is, the bills DID meet with Cowher and neither side has said a definitive YES or NO.

Neither of the 2 parties involved has confirmed one way or the other. IMHO if Cowher was uninterested he would have already said so publicly. Because he hasn't that leads me to believe he is seriously considering coming to Buffalo. The Pregame show today should have some indication of which way he is leaning.

What time do they go on today?

Don't get your hopes. he could come out and give a definitive statement one way or another but I am expecting more coyness and innuendo.

From Michael Lombardi...

7. Word is circulating that Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is the front-runner in Buffalo after his interview last week. I’m not sure Frazier is the man, but I did hear last week that the Bills found their man and it wasn’t Bill Cowher.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday...-Post-6968.html

more good news for the Cowher crowd.......Dallas job not opening tommorrow.

Perry Fewell likely to take D.C. job in Chicago....

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4812547

I haven't heard much about this possibility, but it seems reasonable that Cowher might be leaving the Bills hanging on any job offer because he is waiting to see if any other coaching jobs open up--specifically among the playoff teams. He might even have one or two teams in mind, such as Dallas (although it looks like Wade's job is safe now, as you note). I can't imagine another reason for his failure to give a definitive "no" to the Bills...

I would rather we had kept Perry over Frazier. Seriously.

yeah me too. wtf the point of this?!! not sure how much more I can take. might take a hiatus until the new ownership gets in

Cowher's CBS show starts in little over an hour - he'll probably vanquish all hope by 1pm est today

Don't get your hopes. he could come out and give a definitive statement one way or another but I am expecting more coyness and innuendo.

I'll sign up for more coyness and innuendo from Cowher - at least a glimmer of hope to sustain my interest until the DJ moment they announce frazier

I'll sign up for more coyness and innuendo from Cowher - at least a glimmer of hope to sustain my interest until the DJ moment they announce frazier

What exactly do you know about Frazier that makes you so confident he couldn't succeed?

What exactly do you know about Frazier that makes you so confident he couldn't succeed?

He's never been an NFL head coach. I think the feeling from most people that don't like it is that when Buddy Nix says it's important to have someone with head coaching experience, most people didn't think that would be at Trinity College 20 years ago.

For every time this season Ralph has vowed he would "spend the money" and finally ante up to bring in a solid great coach, he's surely folding now.

He's never been an NFL head coach. I think the feeling from most people that don't like it is that when Buddy Nix says it's important to have someone with head coaching experience, most people didn't think that would be at Trinity College 20 years ago.

For every time this season Ralph has vowed he would "spend the money" and finally ante up to bring in a solid great coach, he's surely folding now.

Please, post your list of former NFL head coaches that the Bills should bring in. Mine has Cowher (who's had discussions with the Bills), Billick (who I'm ambivalent at best about), and Schottenheimer (who has said repeatedly that he doesn't want to come back to coaching). Beyond that I find it hard to believe that anyone could get excited about the proven track records of failure that are out there. Everyone tosses around this idea of bringing in an experienced coach, but that shouldn't overshadow, y'know, being good at it.

Would you feel better if he paid Frazier $8mill/yr? The Bills have pulled out all the stops to get Cowher, including cash. If he says no, how is Ralph "folding now"? They've also tried to get Shannahan and talked to Gruden and Holmgren. Each of them said no. But, I guess that's Ralph folding again.

So, once they're through thet top tier, who's next? Billick? He's such a great prospect that Oakland, Seattle and Cleveland really tried to get him as well, huh. There's a fine line between good coach with experience (Cowher) and tired retread with experience (Jauron).

But, keep blaming the Bills for being cheap if it helps you sleep better.