Cushing beats Byrd for defensive rookie...

1billsfan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprize. Cushing made quite a splash this season, plus he played in and -I believe- started every game.

As for picking him, 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' is the story of our franchise. I'm glad we selected Byrd and he should bring us years of great, pro-bowl level play.

Cushing did have a monster year and had Byrd started from the get-go, I think the results may have been different.

Congrats to Cushing.

Byrd has ball hawking skills but is poor against the run. I have no doubt he can become great, but as of now he is not yet a complete player. Cushing was NFL starter ready the minute he was drafted and is an instant star in this league.

Okay, lets get it out of the way early.

"We could have had Cushing if we didn't choose that bum Maybin"

OK, let me ad the obligatory " Cushing would not have been a good player if the Bills had chosen him. We would have ruined him".

imagine that draft

It makes me want to cry. As does imagining Michael Oher at LT for the next decade. Both Cushing and Oher...passed up in favor of Aaron "I shoulda stayed 2 more years" Maybin. Simply dreadful.

Hopefully Nix doesn't whiff on 1st rounders (because we have been decent, I think, in rounds 2-7).

I did not want Cushing at the time. I did want them to make a choice from one of Oher or Orakpo though.

That's how I felt too, I though Cushing was injury prone and perhaps chemically enhanced - wanted Raja to drop but when Green Bay picked him wanted Oher or Orakpo - if a LB I liked Matthews much more than Cushings- I also said WTF on the Bryd selection oh well it's not going to stop me from second guessing.