Jairus Byrd Pro Bowler

Justice

Can he play since he was put on the IR?

Yes and No.

I read somewhere (I think Chris Brown's blog) that he is allowed to play despite being on IR, however he won't be able to as he just had hip/groin surgery which has a ~3 month recovery period.

Congrats and let it be the first of many...and note to Dick Jauron, if at first you don't succeed drafting a star DB with a high pick try, try, try, try, try, try, try and try again.

For all of Jauron's negatives (and the list is endless), our secondary was one of the team's better groupings over his tenure. Better than the linebacker corps, the D-line, the O-line, etc.

Byrd, McKelvin, and veteran McGee are a good group to build around

Not to rain on anyone's parade but does anyone know if he is any good in coverage? I would submit at least 6 of the 9 INT were terribly thrown balls that were not even close to the reciever. I also saw him beaten in coverage multiple times. It is great and sad at the same time that he is making these plays and Donte couldn't.

I hope his sports hernia gets fixed and he is a fixture in the Pro Bowl for years. We may be thanking DJ in 2 years when Byrd and McKelvin are lining up in the same ProBowl defense.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but does anyone know if he is any good in coverage? I would submit at least 6 of the 9 INT were terribly thrown balls that were not even close to the reciever. I also saw him beaten in coverage multiple times. It is great and sad at the same time that he is making these plays and Donte couldn't.

I hope his sports hernia gets fixed and he is a fixture in the Pro Bowl for years. We may be thanking DJ in 2 years when Byrd and McKelvin are lining up in the same ProBowl defense.

1) Everyone assumes Orakpo is the greatest DE/ LB in the league because he has 11 sacks (4 against Jamarcus Russell). What can't the same be assumed about Bryd?

2) If getting 9 INTs is jsut getting lucky and being around the ball 9 times, I'll take lucky every day of the week.

1) Everyone assumes Orakpo is the greatest DE/ LB in the league because he has 11 sacks (4 against Jamarcus Russell). What can't the same be assumed about Bryd?

2) If getting 9 INTs is jsut getting lucky and being around the ball 9 times, I'll take lucky every day of the week.

The truth probably lies in the middle. Hopefully it is closer to Byrd is great than it is closer to he got lucky.

What do all the Jason Peters being voted to the ProBowl means nothing people have to say? Is Byrd deserving or is it just a bunch of people checking the box for the safety with the most INT's?

You have to be around the ball to intercept it...... and you have to read the play right to jump to the right receiver. If you ever watch Whitner vs. Byrd, with both at FS, Byrd is much, much closer to the LOS when the play is in action vs Whitner, who is truly playing deep center. That's why Byrd is in position and Donte is always 2 steps late

For all of Jauron's negatives (and the list is endless), our secondary was one of the team's better groupings over his tenure. Better than the linebacker corps, the D-line, the O-line, etc.

Byrd, McKelvin, and veteran McGee are a good group to build around

IMO the Bills have one of the top secondarys in the league.

Great. Here comes the holdout. :death:

This is a joke, right?

might as well give Maybin a spot too, he didn't make a mistake all year

Since everyone loves to bash every Bills move, props to a GREAT draft pick. :rolleyes:

What do you mean about people bashing the Bills? :beer: