Bills have contacted Charlie Weis

Beerball

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Weis just wasn't a college HC kind of guy. You see it all the time with College HC's who can't cut it in the NFL. Maybe it's the exact opposite with Weis. Maybe he was meant to be an NFL head coach and not one who could succeed in the college ranks. I think he's a better option than Haslett, Fassel, or the CFL coach they were talking about.

Maybe Weis just wasn't a college HC kind of guy. You see it all the time with College HC's who can't cut it in the NFL. Maybe it's the exact opposite with Weis. Maybe he was meant to be an NFL head coach and not one who could succeed in the college ranks. I think he's a better option than Haslett, Fassel, or the CFL coach they were talking about.

The jobs require two different skill sets. College coaches need to be "rah rah" guys more than NFL HCs. They also have to be good at recruiting high school stars. Not on the pro job description. And they need to kiss the azz of the alumni contributors.

charlie weis has bill parcells ties and i hate to start a rumor but since parcells can opt out anytime and has wny ties , this might be a strong possibility that parcells might come here and have the same role he had in miami...

What exactly are Parcels' WNY ties? He grew up in Northern New Jersey. Charlie Weis also hails from the Garden State.....

That being said, I'd love Parcells to be our GM. :worthy:

You can't lure Shanahan, so just go the GM route instead. They will f*** this up like they do everything else. I'm not interested in that tubalard...OC? fine... head coach? f*** no.

With a marketing guy leading the search and a 91 year old owner heading the team review, how can they possibly get it right? It's amateur hour at OBD, but they won't hire someone to consult for them.

The guy isn't hired granted, and it's just a report, but if this is their thinking, it's another indication they have no clue.

People this is disastrous. First off, Weis's problems at ND included horrible game management, as well as a general unwillingness to work too hard in the scouting and recruiting areas once he got the big contract. He was known for just relying on the Lemming reports.

But second, the fact that the Bills, whoever that means, are now contacting second tier coaching candidates is very strong evidence that there won't be any major housecleaning in the personnel department. You cannot add these pieces one at a time. Ralph still has no clue how to build a franchise. He needs to do the right thing and sell the team. He is holding WNY hostage and there is no end in sight.

General Manager first, please!

Not a Weis fan either. A head coach has to have the ability to LEAD AND INSPIRE his players. I've never seen evidence that Weis has this trait.

Then its likely you never would have hired Belicheck after his Cleveland Brown days

Based on what is available they could do a lot worse. This way you get a guy who can build an solid o, I guy with a proven system . What happened at Notre Dame will have little relation to what kind of nfl coach he would be. The players played hard for him the D just never worked out . If Cleveland blows it up Rob ryan would be a good Dc running the 3/4 and all

Just as a guy like Nick Saban and many others are meant to be college coaches, I can only hope the opposite for Charlie Weiss. Maybe he's a Pro coach through and through. It's possible that when he's back in the NFL, he sees success again. I can dream right?

Romeo Crennel would be a candidate for DC. Marc Ross, now with the G-men, but formerly of the Bills would be a candidate for director of pro personnel or as GM. All from the Parcells lineage...

Crennel sat out this year from coaching to recover from hip replacement surgery. Ross is a real up and coming football mind.

If we added someone like Floyd Reese as the GM to groom Ross for 3-4 years, I would say we have started on a good path.

People this is disastrous. First off, Weis's problems at ND included horrible game management, as well as a general unwillingness to work too hard in the scouting and recruiting areas once he got the big contract. He was known for just relying on the Lemming reports.

But second, the fact that the Bills, whoever that means, are now contacting second tier coaching candidates is very strong evidence that there won't be any major housecleaning in the personnel department. You cannot add these pieces one at a time. Ralph still has no clue how to build a franchise. He needs to do the right thing and sell the team. He is holding WNY hostage and there is no end in sight.

First team candidates are gone. Weiss is one of the better guys out there. His teams did play heard always fight back. As for recruiting he seemed to beable to grab the players ne needed to run his offense . The d never worked out. \

JOhn fox

mike skinner

leslile frazier

pick your poison , I take a guy who can build one side of the ball and should know how to mess with billy b

Romeo Crennel would be a candidate for DC. Marc Ross, now with the G-men, but formerly of the Bills would be a candidate for director of pro personnel or as GM. All from the Parcells lineage...

Crennel sat out this year from coaching to recover from hip replacement surgery. Ross is a real up and coming football mind.

If we added someone like Floyd Reese as the GM to groom Ross for 3-4 years, I would say we have started on a good path.

I don't see them willing to find a strong GM type who'll run the show. Pursuing HC candidates before the GM search is dismaying, even though it's clear that's what is needed now.

It's almost as if they're pursuing names in the way we on this board list players:

TBD'er: Player A is good because I've heard of him.

RW/Russ: Coach A is good because I've heard of him.

I would take that. It would be nice to get a 3-4 DC in here.