Bills have contacted Charlie Weis

Beerball

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes an offensive coordinator..hed actually be a good one for us....NOT A HEAD COACH@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if he could bring in a good defensive coordinator he might not be so bad...and he would be the type of guy who would be able to bring in a good defensive coordinator (unlike Jauron, Mularkey, Williams, etc.)

If Weis was OC, Im ok with that.

If Clausen ends up with the Bills, Im ok with that also

But if he was head coach ...who would his DC be???. Well at least he would know the Pats, can't think the offense up their has changed that must since he left...

I could see how the Bills are thinking. But I think they better get the GM position filled first, not the other way around.

Does anybody remember how everybody on this board was incensed at the ineptitude of the Bills for not waiting until the Patriots were done with their season, and taking Mularkey or whoever, and then the next year Weis was reviving ND.

That whole first fall he was at ND, everybody here kept saying and we could have had him! And, now we can again.

If Weis was OC, Im ok with that.

If Clausen ends up with the Bills, Im ok with that also

But if he was head coach ...who would his DC be???. Well at least he would know the Pats, can't think the offense up their has changed that must since he left...

I could see how the Bills are thinking. But I think they better get the GM position filled first, not the other way around.

I'm thinking he could fill that role rather easily considering. Crennel? Mangini? Plenty of former (or even current) Pats guys out there. And don't forget he was a Parcells guy too so his network runs pretty deep in the right places.

You cannot look at how he fared in college and make any meaningful comparison to the NFL. They are two completely different animals. Most coaches who are good at one are not good at the other. That being said there is no guarantee Weis is a good NFL coach either...just means that his college coaching record means next to nothing when it comes to the NFL...

I'm thinking he could fill that role rather easily considering. Crennel? Mangini? Plenty of former (or even current) Pats guys out there. And don't forget he was a Parcells guy too so his network runs pretty deep in the right places.

Oh hell naw... Crennel or Mangini either one are losers..... I think they are doing this ass backwards,

GM THEN HC.......God ...why do we have to put up with this mess at OBD.

I bet that there are some better coaching prospects in the college ranks........

That was a cue for the Senator BTW lol

This makes no sense to me. Does this mean the Bills will not be bringing in a GM? That is what they need, and this person should be the one selecting a new coach, not the current "braintrust."

You still need a GM...someone with football sense. You'd prefer the GM was in place prior to a coach so that it appeared as though everyone was on the same page, the GM (coach's boss) brought in someone they thought could do the job.

Remember too...he's been contacted to see if there was interest, he hasn't been offered the job...

Do I remember correctly that he gets his $$$ from ND regardless of whether he's a head coach or not? Could let Ralph get by a bit more cheaply knowing that Charlie isn't hurting for dough.