Brian Brohm

The Big Cat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rank his performance, all things considered?

I say 6.5.

I'd give him a 7. Terrible O-Line, more injuries, lackluster effort on TO on his first pick, but he did make quick decisions and has a strong arm. Shows lots of promise and I'm excited to see him next week with another week of practice with the first team offense.

b/t 6-7, i like the velocity that he has, wouldve liked to see some 15-20 yd out routes, but given the oline, I think he did well, all things considered. I also think that he should definitely get the start next week no matter what. there is no sense in sending fitz back out there.

b/t 6-7, i like the velocity that he has, wouldve liked to see some 15-20 yd out routes, but given the oline, I think he did well, all things considered. I also think that he should definitely get the start next week no matter what. there is no sense in sending fitz back out there.

There's almost no point in sending someone to play the QB position at all.

I'd give him a 7. Terrible O-Line, more injuries, lackluster effort on TO on his first pick, but he did make quick decisions and has a strong arm. Shows lots of promise and I'm excited to see him next week with another week of practice with the first team offense.

My thoughts exactly, gents.

He slipped from a 7 to a 6.5 from me because of the second pick. Not the worst throw in the world, certainly not a dumb play, but he set that one up throughout the game. A great play from the CB, but sort of a no-brainer up to that point.

pathetic YPA average, but made some nice timing throws. still, anytime Corey McIntyre is that involved in the passing offense, we're in trouble. would have liked to see some deeper throws, besides the two to TO.

TO is a waste. Can't wait to see him gone.

It did seem that Brohm and Lee had some chemistry, at least for two guys who have practiced together 3 times.

Considering he had limited exposure to the playbook during his short tenure thus far, I would give him a 7 or 8.

It is only 1 game, but he threw with authority and a crispness I have not seen at the QB position since Flutie. He did not stare down his receivers nor hold onto the ball like Losman and Bledsoe, he has a stronger arm than Holcomb, Fitzpatrick, and Edwards, and was not indecisive like Losman and Edwards. There was a speed to his game.

Give this guy a solid offensive line, and a coordinator to build some plays, and we might actually have something here.

id give him 6. The oline is terrible and played fairly decent considering his limited practice time and familiarity. Lookin forward to his play next week and i thin the bills should give him a shot next year but still need to draft a qb!

id give him 6. The oline is terrible and played fairly decent considering his limited practice time and familiarity. Lookin forward to his play next week and i thin the bills should give him a shot next year but still need to draft a qb!

If 10 is Peyton Manning and 1 is Jamarcus Russell, 3.

You guys giving him 7s are talking about playoff caliber. You are high. He looked just like Trent to me except he hit McIntyre where Trent would have found Stupar.

You guys giving him 7s are talking about playoff caliber. You are high. He looked just like Trent to me except he hit McIntyre where Trent would have found Stupar.

I think one should mind the "all things considered" clause.

In absolute terms, I agree, but I wasn't expecting Brian Brohm to play like Peyton Manning.

The more important question is, given your assessments of how he played, do you think he might be the answer at QB? (i.e. would you draft a different position #1, even if we have a shot at one of the name QB's (Clausen, Bradford, McCoy, etc.))?

Its too early to tell. I would only go so far as to say that I think Brohm probably deserves to be in the competition for the job. However, at this point, I would not let his presence on the roster alter any offseason plans for the QB position, up to and including the use of the first round pick at the position.

He gets a 5 from me; it would be much worse if he had been there since training camp. I can see giving the guy credit for how he handled himself, but when I see people here giving him a 7 or 8, I'm wondering what game they watched. Seriously; what would you give him if he threw for 250 with 2 TD's and 2 pics? A 14? And if they won? A 22? We're rating him on a scale of 1-10, aren't we?

And one more thing...he had more time in the pocket today than either Fitz or Edwards have had recently.

He gets a 5 from me; it would be much worse if he had been there since training camp. I can see giving the guy credit for how he handled himself, but when I see people here giving him a 7 or 8, I'm wondering what game they watched. Seriously; what would you give him if he threw for 250 with 2 TD's and 2 pics? A 14? And if they won? A 22? We're rating him on a scale of 1-10, aren't we?

Are we or are we not supposed to factor in the fact that he has been with the team for one month running the scout team, practiced with the first team offense for just three days, and plays behind the worst offensive line in football?

I give him a 7.

All things considered, squirrel.

You know, 6 weeks on the roster. The laughably bad offensive line. Taking snaps for a team that takes 5 yard penalties even after they've demonstrated the initial 10 to be an impossibility. A checked out TO (should have had another 40 yards and a TD, if he was throwing to a receiver who gives a damn).

The more important question is, given your assessments of how he played, do you think he might be the answer at QB? (i.e. would you draft a different position #1, even if we have a shot at one of the name QB's (Clausen, Bradford, McCoy, etc.))?

its a little early, but I think that BB is a better option NOW, as is next year, if the new regime is resolved to rebuilding again for the next 3-5 yrs, then by all means think about a top level qb, but I think brohm can be the guy, and just in case they should grab lefevour in the 4th.

I give him a 5.

With him only being here for 5 weeks and then only having 3 days with 1st team offense, one really couldn't have asked for miracles.

I like the quick decision making and not staring down his primary target. I thought he did ok with all things considered and I would be willing to give some more time to show what he has.

Let's put it this way he did no worse than Trent or Fitz, that should something since he is new to the team.

its a little early, but I think that BB is a better option NOW, as is next year, if the new regime is resolved to rebuilding again for the next 3-5 yrs, then by all means think about a top level qb, but I think brohm can be the guy, and just in case they should grab lefevour in the 4th.

If today's performance is indicative of how he's capable of playing, he's worth consideration as the starter next year.

With that in mind, NO, the Bills are not in position to use their first pick on a project, they need a 2010 contributor.

That said, Pike/LeFevour in the second round would be fine with me, assuming we take a lineman or a linebacker in the first.

Are we or are we not supposed to factor in the fact that he has been with the team for one month running the scout team, practiced with the first team offense for just three days, and plays behind the worst offensive line in football?

I give him a 7.

Like I said in my post, I understand giving him credit for not being with the team very long, and that's how he gets a 5 from me.

I saw enough to think he could be an NFL QB with some time/experience. The accepted number of game snaps is supposed to be 1000. Brohm got a few today toward that.

Given he has 6 weeks in this "offense", 3 days of practice, perhaps the worst offensive line in NFL history (I didn't see a single time today where he finished his drop without someone on the line getting beat), and a bunch of players around him who'd already quit, there isn't much to be really pissed at Brohm about.

It's time for a house cleaning at OBD. Brohm can stay.

There's no use in drafting a QB next year without a team around him in place. They should use all of their picks next year on the two lines and LBs. Get a QB (Locker) in 2011 after there's more pieces around him. In the meantime, see if you have something with Brohm.