Losman = Lamonica?!?!?

baseballbob

I am not a fan of JP Losman coming back to the Bills, but I do hope for the best for him. At any rate, doesn't JP signing with the Raiders remind anyone of Darryl Lamonica becoming a Raider back in the day? Wouldn't it be ironic if JP turned into the Lamonica of the 2010's? Just a thought....and Good Luck, JP!

I am not a fan of JP Losman coming back to the Bills, but I do hope for the best for him. At any rate, doesn't JP signing with the Raiders remind anyone of Darryl Lamonica becoming a Raider back in the day? Wouldn't it be ironic if JP turned into the Lamonica of the 2010's? Just a thought....and Good Luck, JP!

Losman was a project when he came to Buffalo. Turned out to be a major project. I never understood the hatred and anger because he never seemed to be a quitter. He did try his best. It appears that he has matured as a person and has made himself into a better QB after going to the UFL. I could definitely see Losman being a "late bloomer" type and become a top ten QB in this league. The odds are probably low, but the possibility is out there. No doubt we'll get to see him in action because of where he landed.

By some odd stroke of coincidence, that would be something.

As long as the Bills make the right decisions this offseason, and remake the entire football structure and get competent personnel and football men in the front office, whether JP "sizzles" or "burns out" has little concern to me.

I'd be a little bummed knowing that we screwed it up, but as long as our organization was getting better I'd remember all of those stare downs Losman used to have with his receivers, his poor timing of turnovers, and holding onto the ball for too long.

I mean, Steve Young (which Losman ain't) had to leave Tampa and sit behind the legendary Joe Montana before he shined.

Good luck to JP.

But I wish better luck (and a major house cleaning) for the Bills!

Lol....just sayin...

Bills selected Lamonica in the 24th round. Losman in the 1st round. Lamonica was a 3X AFL All-Star and 2X League MVP. Losman- benched repeatedly. Lamonica -as a back-up- was traded for a starting QB and All-Star WR. Losman was kicked to the curb. In Lamonica's 4 season's with the Bills -occasionally starting and often coming in and delivering come from behind wins- the Bills made the playoffs every year. In Losman's 4 season's with the Bills, they never threatened the playoffs.

Even if Jonathan Paul develops into a good, long term starter for Oakland -a stretch of imagination, for sure-, there's no semblance to the Lamonica story, so no possibility of irony.

Bills selected Lamonica in the 24th round. Losman in the 1st round. Lamonica was a 3X AFL All-Star and 2X League MVP. Losman- benched repeatedly. Lamonica -as a back-up- was traded for a starting QB and All-Star WR. Losman was kicked to the curb. In Lamonica's 4 season's with the Bills -occasionally starting and often coming in and delivering come from behind wins- the Bills made the playoffs every year. In Losman's 4 season's with the Bills, they never threatened the playoffs.

Well...Other than that, the storylines are pretty much identical. :thumbsup:

Mister 8-post baseballbob must be under 30 years old to make this kind of comparison. By the time the Bills traded Lamonica he had already shown he was a skilled AFL QB. Losman has done jack squat. Also the Raiders were a championship-caliber team back then instead of the black hole of football they are now.

Aside from those points, this is EXACTLY the same! :thumbsup:

PTR

Even if Jonathan Paul develops into a good, long term starter for Oakland -a stretch of imagination, for sure-, there's no semblance to the Lamonica story, so no possibility of irony.

Interesting move by the Raiders (who are known for sharp personnel moves and the ability to recognize talent)--picking up Losman.

Was Lamonica not available?

Losman = Lamonica

Hmmm

Was JP sleeping with all the team's wives and girlfriends? :thumbsup:

wait, let's look at Daryle's numbers while he was with Buffalo:

1963 22 BUF P 12 14 2 2-0-0 33 71 46.5 437 3 4.2 4 5.6 93 6.2 4.5 13.2 31.2 57.1 1

1964 23 BUF 12 14 1 1-0-0 55 128 43.0 1137 6 4.7 8 6.3 80 8.9 7.0 20.7 81.2 64.5 1

1965* 24 BUF 12 14 1 1-0-0 29 70 41.4 376 3 4.3 6 8.6 74 5.4 2.4 13.0 26.9 37.6 2

1966 25 BUF 12 14 0 33 84 39.3 549 4 4.8 5 6.0 55 6.5 4.8 16.6 39.2 53.1 1

----

that all adds up to:

150 completions out of 353 attempts 16 touchdowns and 23 interceptions.

Hardly All-Star and League MVP worthy numbers.

When Buffalo traded him, he wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination.

Mister 8-post baseballbob must be under 30 years old to make this kind of comparison. By the time the Bills traded Lamonica he had already shown he was a skilled AFL QB. Losman has done jack squat. Also the Raiders were a championship-caliber team back then instead of the black hole of football they are now.

Aside from those points, this is EXACTLY the same! :thumbsup:

PTR

I agree.. we got rid of LaMonica BECAUSE he was pretty much one of the better qb's in the league at the time and made a deal for what LOOKED LIKE (it turned out to be not the case) two very good players. LaMonica/Bass was far better than Flores/Powell. As it turned out Kemp was injured pretty severely shortly thereafter and we went into a very long tailspin. LaMonica was far, far, far better than Losman and we knew it. If I were to compare I'd compare Plunkett (who with the Pats was in a similar situation) who came to the Raiders, sat for a bit and then took them to the Superbowl.

Losman was a project when he came to Buffalo. Turned out to be a major project. I never understood the hatred and anger because he never seemed to be a quitter. He did try his best. It appears that he has matured as a person and has made himself into a better QB after going to the UFL. I could definitely see Losman being a "late bloomer" type and become a top ten QB in this league. The odds are probably low, but the possibility is out there. No doubt we'll get to see him in action because of where he landed.

I think he really started out well- he never showed the accuracy needed to be an elite QB in the league, but he did show a knack for fourth quarter drives for awhile. Then he took a bunch of hits and regressed- much like Trent Edwards did. There has been a pattern of this happening.....

I am not a fan of JP Losman coming back to the Bills, but I do hope for the best for him. At any rate, doesn't JP signing with the Raiders remind anyone of Rob Johnson becoming a Raider back in the day? Wouldn't it be ironic if JP turned into the Johnson of the 2010's? Just a thought....and Good Luck, JP!

Fixed