Bells injury suspicous

bills in va

Is Demetrious Bell a little gunshy or disheartened? He should have returned to practice according to Bills trainers considering the injury he sustained. He should be at least practicing but for some unkown reason he says he can't go...why? Were the events of this year too much for him mentally or is he protecting himself? Unless his injury is more serious than reported he should either be back to work or on IR so we can pick up another practice squad scrub to replace him. My guess would be a little lack of heart, cuz if he can go then he should. Granted he should have been no more than a swing tackle for us this year and an emergency starter for a game or two only, he is in way over his head this year. If he continues to hold himself out of practice and games then put him on IR or kick his ass back onto the field, becasue we need the bodies. Nobody is at 100% this time of the year so suck it up and play like a warrior.

Is Demetrious Bell a little gunshy or disheartened? He should have returned to practice according to Bills trainers considering the injury he sustained. He should be at least practicing but for some unkown reason he says he can't go...why? Were the events of this year too much for him mentally or is he protecting himself? Unless his injury is more serious than reported he should either be back to work or on IR so we can pick up another practice squad scrub to replace him. My guess would be a little lack of heart, cuz if he can go then he should. Granted he should have been no more than a swing tackle for us this year and an emergency starter for a game or two only, he is in way over his head this year. If he continues to hold himself out of practice and games then put him on IR or kick his ass back onto the field, becasue we need the bodies. Nobody is at 100% this time of the year so suck it up and play like a warrior.

Dude, didn't you hear - he's holding out for a new contract! He's a starter at LG and should be paid as such! Do guys realize the *potential* this kid has!?!

Seriously, at this point, who cares? My guess would be he's dying to get back on the field, but his injury is bad enough to prevent him to.

It doesn't matter whether he is healthy enough or not to be on the field. From what I have seen of him this year he is clearly overmatched. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with respect to his injuries. Next year, if he turns out to be a swing OT I'll consider that a positive. Demitrius Bell was a 6th round pick from a small school who started playing at a very late stage. It was foolish to believe that Bell was capable of being a starting LT at this early stage of his development. There is no doubt that the Bills need additional help at the tackle position whether Bell is vying for the position or not next year.

That play in NY, where Trent got his concussion was the defining moment for Bell this year. He gets beaten by the DE, then grabs his forearm and freezes like he's gone into shock while the play continues for another 4 seconds. Being that he is an adult, you expect that he has badly broken his arm, or something that explains such strange behavior. Nope. Just a boo-boo. Funny bone! Not exactly the next Jackie Slater.

That play in NY, where Trent got his concussion was the defining moment for Bell this year. He gets beaten by the DE, then grabs his forearm and freezes like he's gone into shock while the play continues for another 4 seconds. Being that he is an adult, you expect that he has badly broken his arm, or something that explains such strange behavior. Nope. Just a boo-boo. Funny bone! Not exactly the next Jackie Slater.

If that's the play I'm thinking of...

1. bell got punched in the throat on that play. He wasn't holding his forearm, he was holding his throat.

2. it wasn't bell's guy that hit edwards

I remember rewinding that and watching it to see why Bell was standing there, and thinking "that guy doesn't get paid enough for that". I suspect it wasn't covered by the announcers b/c they were so focused on edwards.

I just didn't like the way they handled the Offensive Tackle situation at all.......its not D. Bell's fault

- If you ARE going to trade away Jason Peters (this is a Bell thread not a JP thread) and you are not going to hedge your bets by drafting a Offensive Tackle early....then you damn well better have a plan of what you are going to do that does not involve taking your 6th round talented by still developing D. Bell as the one and only answer. I was very concerned when I saw that we didn't at least bring in another veteran guy and allow D. Bell the chance to beat that guy out for the spot.

- Then you take L. Walker who was just fine where he was and move him into a position where he had no business being....then you CUT him to save salary cap and you still dont bring in a guy who has at least started at the position somewhere else.

You dont do that because Murphy's law is right around the corner........B. Buter....hurt......D. Bell.....hurt......E. Wood.....hurt.....a multitude of other non starters hurt bouncing in and out of the lineup.

Thank god for Levitre and Handgarter and Fitz is taking a damn pounding back there week in and week out.

I just didn't like the way they handled the Offensive Tackle situation at all.......its not D. Bell's fault

- If you ARE going to trade away Jason Peters (this is a Bell thread not a JP thread) and you are not going to hedge your bets by drafting a Offensive Tackle early....then you damn well better have a plan of what you are going to do that does not involve taking your 6th round talented by still developing D. Bell as the one and only answer. I was very concerned when I saw that we didn't at least bring in another veteran guy and allow D. Bell the chance to beat that guy out for the spot.

- Then you take L. Walker who was just fine where he was and move him into a position where he had no business being....then you CUT him to save salary cap and you still dont bring in a guy who has at least started at the position somewhere else.

You dont do that because Murphy's law is right around the corner........B. Buter....hurt......D. Bell.....hurt......E. Wood.....hurt.....a multitude of other non starters hurt bouncing in and out of the lineup.

Thank god for Levitre and Handgarter and Fitz is taking a damn pounding back there week in and week out.

You make some decent points here, but I really disagree with your assessment of Langston Walker. He was a mediocre RT. He was weak in the running game and a pretty good pass protector for a RT. That kind of player is not worth what the Bills were paying him. The way I read things, the Bills basically said that if Walker is going to stay on this team at what he is getting paid then it's going to be at LT. He failed (partly because of his attitude, IMO), and was cut. I think that Butler would've done just as well, if not better at RT. Hopefully, we'll see next year.

Really, what difference does it make? Bell, an easy guy to root for given his sad, horrid background, is weak and stupid in terms of being an NFL LT, let alone a starter.

Admittedly there is some potential there because he moves well, but his lack of size and strength is probably what allows this. He is extremely likely to get blown up on any given play but if we want, we can pretend he is good and continue to focus on cornerbacks and safeties. Or even another qb to get ruined or killed.

Really, what difference does it make? Bell, an easy guy to root for given his sad, horrid background, is weak and stupid in terms of being an NFL LT, let alone a starter.

Admittedly there is some potential there because he moves well, but his lack of size and strength is probably what allows this. He is extremely likely to get blown up on any given play but if we want, we can pretend he is good and continue to focus on cornerbacks and safeties. Or even another qb to get ruined or killed.

I still maintain Bell was a two year project who shouldn't have even dressed this season. It is an indictment of the powers that be who are running this mess (Brandon, Littman) that they thought they could cut payroll and start another rookie. I hope the guy can contribute next season, but being 300 pounds doesn't mean he's capable of locking down the LT position.

come on man you cannot be sreious. just a ridiculous post!

You know, John, I had been wondering if Eric Wood's injury could have been prevented if there had been even borderline adequate tackle protection on that play.

A decent OT may have kept that DL from diving after the ball carrier back there in the pocket.

Just my conjecture. I have not analyzed the video.

His father was not physically or emotionally there for him. Never heard that financially Malone did not take care of his responsibility. From what I understand Bell had a middle class upbringing in an admittedly single parent home.

Not that sad and desperate though lots have had worse fathers.

His father was not physically or emotionally there for him. Never heard that financially Malone did not take care of his responsibility. From what I understand Bell had a middle class upbringing in an admittedly single parent home.

Not that sad and desperate though lots have had worse fathers.

It was documented that Malone paid off the mom when she was pregnant, and that he did not provide any support for D Bell in any fashion. In fact, he told Demetrius that he had to find his own way ($$$)....