anyone trying to cut out the amount of pop/soda they drink?

The Poojer

Well back 6 years ago I drink Pepsi about 8-10 20oz botles while i was at work. Than I would get home and drink about 1-2 2liter at night before going to bed. I gained about 40 pounds during the 4 year time I was drinking that much. Now I drink 2-20 oz diet bottle aday. I have lost 50 pounds since I stopped drinking all that pepsi. I feel alot better. I had to have the pepsi back than now I drink it only for the flavor because I like it. I drink water plain or sometimes I put flavering into it. If you haven't started to drink pepsi DON"T start. IT IS VERY ADDICTING.

It's habit forming, not addictive. There's a difference.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I still have my teeth but I now have dieabetes. I know that is as a result of my pepsi drinking. It might not be addictive but when I stopped drinking it I had the shakes and headaches for about a week my body was carving the pepsi or maybe the caffeine. For every 4 grams of sugar = 1 teasspoon of table sugar. That is what my doctor told me when I tring to get off from pepsi. [Example 1 12oz can of pepsi has 41 grams that = 10.25 teaspoons in every can.] I now only drink diet for health reasons.

Yes I still have my teeth but I now have dieabetes. I know that is as a result of my pepsi drinking. It might not be addictive but when I stopped drinking it I had the shakes and headaches for about a week my body was carving the pepsi or maybe the caffeine. For every 4 grams of sugar = 1 teasspoon of table sugar. That is what my doctor told me when I tring to get off from pepsi. [Example 1 12oz can of pepsi has 41 grams that = 10.25 teaspoons in every can.] I now only drink diet for health reasons.

Diet is loaded with chemicals too. Try switching to club soda.

:lol:

Wow... I was going to ask you if you had diabetes... Sorry to hear that... But man, If I am correct... You were drinking around 300 ounces in a 24 hour time span... Is this true?? I thought 1/3 to a 1/2 of a 2 litre every other day or so was bad... That is only around 30-40 ounces a day at worst... And even that isn't really consistent, some weeks I don't drink any soda at all. You were drinking 10 times that???

Take care!

When I told my wife about your story I said, "I'm surprised he doesn't have diabetes..."

Sorry to hear you do indeed have it...

Actually I think diet A&W root beer tastes as close to the "regular" as any soda does. I don't drink it often but I really enjoy it when I do.

Diet Root beer is usually reliable. For that matter, so is diet birch beer. Root beer, birch beer, and Dr. P are all in the same family to me.

Diet Dr Pepper is the greatest of all diet sodas. No contest.

The new Coke Zero is also very good.

For me, Diet Dr Pepper always seems to have a strange after taste. The Coke Zero is pretty good though. I barely ever drink pop at all, but I had one of those draining work days a little while back where I needed some caffeine to stay awake. I grabbed a cherry coke zero thinking it was a regular. I'm pretty much hooked on those now. The rare times now I grab some pop, it's always that.

not that its not good for you, the body absorbs room temperature water quicker than cold water, it just takes a bit longer for the water to get to room temperature....it has also been cited that drinking cold water while eating speeds up metabolism and helps lose weight better than warm or room temperature

It's funny that no one has mentioned that drinking cold fluids while you eat isn't good for you.

not that its not good for you, the body absorbs room temperature water quicker than cold water, it just takes a bit longer for the water to get to room temperature....it has also been cited that drinking cold water while eating speeds up metabolism and helps lose weight better than warm or room temperature

Update for me, I am on the 11th day of no pop & pretty proud to say that I have only drank 1 12 oz can of pepsi in the last 11 days(Usually I would drink 4-5 cans per day). Pretty proud of myself, although I will say I did drink around 10-11 of the large draft beers at Duffs last saturday.