anyone trying to cut out the amount of pop/soda they drink?

The Poojer

Sorry folks there are lots of creative salads out there, hell even Denny's has some nice salads. A salad is not just iceburg lettuce with ranch dressing. Most will have some sort of protein and other interesting ingredients on them. But if you don't want the salad and have something a little more high octane let me ask you a question. When you travel do you walk around the town/city where you're staying or do you sit in your hotel after dinner?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks there are lots of creative salads out there, hell even Denny's has some nice salads. A salad is not just iceburg lettuce with ranch dressing. Most will have some sort of protein and other interesting ingredients on them. But if you don't want the salad and have something a little more high octane let me ask you a question. When you travel do you walk around the town/city where you're staying or do you sit in your hotel after dinner?

Usually, I go back to my room and work - email, proposals, reports, etc. Then, of course, I gotta get my daily TBD fix in. Although, depending upon where I am and who I'm there seeing, we may go out drinking till all hours of the morning.

So, not alot of walking after dinner. But, in my defense, my job has me out walking and moving around pretty good on most days during the summer months. I will admit, though, I'm not your average traveler or eater. One good friend of mine joked once that I'm the oddest person she knows because nothing about my life is normal.

I think I stay relatively slim and eat well while traveling, I'm just saying I understand how difficult it can be. And in all fairness, a few years ago, I added some weight due to the travel - hence some of my recent travel/eating habits to keep my weight down (it sucks getting old).

Well back 6 years ago I drink Pepsi about 8-10 20oz botles while i was at work. Than I would get home and drink about 1-2 2liter at night before going to bed. I gained about 40 pounds during the 4 year time I was drinking that much. Now I drink 2-20 oz diet bottle aday. I have lost 50 pounds since I stopped drinking all that pepsi. I feel alot better. I had to have the pepsi back than now I drink it only for the flavor because I like it. I drink water plain or sometimes I put flavering into it. If you haven't started to drink pepsi DON"T start. IT IS VERY ADDICTING.

What is worse than someone obsessing about drinking soda and their body image is the people who obsess the other way.

Happy medium is where it is at.

God forbid people obsess about being healthy. But not to worry the gubmint is coming to save the day!

God forbid people obsess about being healthy. But not to worry the gubmint is coming to save the day!

IMO Obsessing UNhealthy. Note, I used the word obsessing. The word implies that things are being taken over the top.

What I am saying is that if you feel healthy and have a positive body image... Why are people obsessing? It is dangerous on both ends of the spectrum.

Happy medium.

Look at the guy who "invented" jogging... What did he croak from?

Well back 6 years ago I drink Pepsi about 8-10 20oz botles while i was at work. Than I would get home and drink about 1-2 2liter at night before going to bed.

Like KD did: :ph34r:

Wow... That is down right a lot of liquid if I am reading this correctly, that is almost 300 ounces of ANYTHING (besides water) a day! Yet, drink too much water and one can get "water intoxication/posioning."

IMO Obsessing UNhealthy. Note, I used the word obsessing. The word implies that things are being taken over the top.

What I am saying is that if you feel healthy and have a positive body image... Why are people obsessing? It is dangerous on both ends of the spectrum.

Happy medium.

Look at the guy who "invented" jogging... What did he croak from?

Unfortunately a happy medium in this country is 20 lbs overweight. I could use some healthy obsession. As I told my wife...after the holidays. I've said that the past 5 years. :ph34r:

I know exactly what you are talking about.

And what I've been trying to say here is not that I'm a model of good health and eating habits, they're not terrible but at 48 it's almost impossible. My point is there is one person and one person only to blame for me being overweight...me. Not restaurants, not the food manufacturers, not my job, not my wife, not my friends. It's the person I have to stare at each morning in the mirror when I shave. I bugs the crap out of me when people respond with post after post with the blame game.

Well back 6 years ago I drink Pepsi about 8-10 20oz botles while i was at work. Than I would get home and drink about 1-2 2liter at night before going to bed. I gained about 40 pounds during the 4 year time I was drinking that much. Now I drink 2-20 oz diet bottle aday. I have lost 50 pounds since I stopped drinking all that pepsi. I feel alot better. I had to have the pepsi back than now I drink it only for the flavor because I like it. I drink water plain or sometimes I put flavering into it. If you haven't started to drink pepsi DON"T start. IT IS VERY ADDICTING.

Do you still have your teeth? :ph34r:

And what I've been trying to say here is not that I'm a model of good health and eating habits, they're not terrible but at 48 it's almost impossible. My point is there is one person and one person only to blame for me being overweight...me. Not restaurants, not the food manufacturers, not my job, not my wife, not my friends. It's the person I have to stare at each morning in the mirror when I shave. I bugs the crap out of me when people respond with post after post with the blame game.

I agree Chef, I am totally in agreement! My story too!

The only time I ever drink Coke is a splash with some bourbon. Coke will get you fatter quicker then anything. My dentist told me there was a quarter cup sugar in a can of coke

46 grams of sugar in a 350 ml bottle.

A chocolate bar has less.

That's one thing I've always found odd -- why don't people just drink straight water? Seems like everyone I know wants to add flavor to the water -- isn't the flavor of water good enough?

I guess I should be happy that I like how normal water tastes. :rolleyes:

Water is great except for during a meal. During a meal, I either drink wine or diet soda.