The Bills should be in a great position in the 2010 draft

Tipster19

I'm all for taking an impact player. Too many years we are just on the outside of being able to take a blue chipper and we wouldn't trade up to take an impact player. I was all for us to trade up with Minnesota and take Adrian Peterson but that didn't happen and in hindsight just missing out on Patrick Willis really makes me miserable, the guy is a stud. We have too many "good" players and I do use that term loosely. I want to see the Bills take a high caliber, impact player. I don't care about the cost or if we even have to use other draft pick(s) to move up enough to secure such a player. How about getting just ONE GREAT PLAYER and build the team around him, whoever that may be. Having someone who not accept ineptness, plays lights out and raises the level of play from others around him. let's try something different!

I'm all for taking an impact player. Too many years we are just on the outside of being able to take a blue chipper and we wouldn't trade up to take an impact player. I was all for us to trade up with Minnesota and take Adrian Peterson but that didn't happen and in hindsight just missing out on Patrick Willis really makes me miserable, the guy is a stud. We have too many "good" players and I do use that term loosely. I want to see the Bills take a high caliber, impact player. I don't care about the cost or if we even have to use other draft pick(s) to move up enough to secure such a player. How about getting just ONE GREAT PLAYER and build the team around him, whoever that may be. Having someone who not accept ineptness, plays lights out and raises the level of play from others around him. let's try something different!

Watch out we don't trade down to the bottom 1/2 of the draft and get an additional 2nd rounder or so so as to add more pieces to our great puzzle.

Without changes in the coaching staff and personnel department it won't matter. However, they certainly do need impact players.

I see what you're saying, but this is easier said than done. Not in terms of, "you need a willing trade partner", but more in terms of trading up and selecting what you think is a cant miss, blue chip prospect, only to have him bust; as in Mike Williams v 3.0., or be average as in Donte Whitner v 1.2. Im more in favor of trading down and adding more rd 2-3 players, UNLESS, that blue chip prospect that you covet falls to you.

The last bunch of years is littered with guys we just missed

Big Ben, Willis, Spears (traded pick for Losman), Wolkfork...

Also annoying are the guys we missed after our pick.

No matter who we pick, I give them a 30% chance of drafting a

stud player. Even if they had the #1 overall pick.

Even if we pick a stud, DJ couldn't coach 'em anyway. Yep,

you know he'll be back next year.

I'm all for taking an impact player. Too many years we are just on the outside of being able to take a blue chipper and we wouldn't trade up to take an impact player.

Ask the Lions how that whole "draft high every year" thing is going for them.

Ask the Lions how that whole "draft high every year" thing is going for them.

However, Stafford does look good and with a new coaching staff, they seem more prepared to turn the corner than some other teams in the league. But your right. You have to wonder how much of those missed picks were Millen's fault as well.

I agree with this. A team needs game-changers if it's going to go anywhere; and you're most likely to find game changing players at the top of the draft. Whether it's a quarterback or a left tackle, we need someone who can give us an elite level of play at his position for many long years to come.

I've heard good things about Locker; and most (all?) of the teams that will be picking early have their quarterback situation locked up. He's someone to think about, either if he falls to wherever we pick, or if there's an opportunity to trade up. This is also a very good year for left tackles.

The only way I trade down is for a PLETHORA of quality draft picks.......mulitple first rounders for instance.

Add a player or two to sweeten the pot. It's time to blow this thing up and start from scratch. Trade our pick for 2 mid-round 1 picks or if you can swing it 3 late mid-round 1 picks.

Then trade Byrd to get back into the top 7.

That's a minimum of 3 round 1 picks, probably more.

Then trade Byrd to get back into the top 7.

That's a minimum of 3 round 1 picks, probably more.

Not a bad idea (coming from you Mr. Bawl)! Strike while the iron is hot! Get someone to bite on the "he's the next up and coming Darrell Green" bait huh? :(

Good plan! Let's stock pile some first rounders and hope that we get at least ONE pick right!

You're hired my man. Surely the Raider or someone would bite on that trade. Hell Byrd is most likely a flash in the pan, let's get rid of him while there's still a market for him!

The last bunch of years is littered with guys we just missed

Big Ben, Willis, Spears (traded pick for Losman), Wolkfork...

Also annoying are the guys we missed after our pick.

No matter who we pick, I give them a 30% chance of drafting a

stud player. Even if they had the #1 overall pick.

Even if we pick a stud, DJ couldn't coach 'em anyway. Yep,

you know he'll be back next year.

I thought the pick we traded for JP ended up being Demarcus Ware?

I thought the pick we traded for JP ended up being Demarcus Ware?

That was the year Aaron Rodgers slid to #22 or whatever. Had we not drafted Losman the prior year, Rodgers would've fell right to us and you can be sure we would've picked him up. Even with the constant blundering of this front office, that pick would have been an insane no brainer. Haloti Ngata x 10.