The Bills should be in a great position in the 2010 draft

Tipster19

A puzzle filled with Safeties and Corners....

You're forgetting there will be a new coaching staff coming in.

Ask the Lions how that whole "draft high every year" thing is going for them.

:(:lol:

However, Stafford does look good and with a new coaching staff, they seem more prepared to turn the corner than some other teams in the league. But your right. You have to wonder how much of those missed picks were Millen's fault as well.

:bag: 6 TD's, 12 Int's, 1,489 yards, 59.5 QB rating.

Add a player or two to sweeten the pot. It's time to blow this thing up and start from scratch. Trade our pick for 2 mid-round 1 picks or if you can swing it 3 late mid-round 1 picks.

Then trade Byrd to get back into the top 7.

That's a minimum of 3 round 1 picks, probably more.

:lol:

This draft will rely a lot on whether a CBA is reached or not. I believe that if a rookie slotting system is in place there will be a lot more trading for high picks than there's been.. If it's a no cap year there is still a rookie sal cap, unless the owners decide to waive it, IIRC. Then anything can happen IMO. The problems with agents for high picks could be unbearable and nobody will want one of those picks or it may in some way help the trading. Anyhoo, no CBA will wreak havoc with the NFL.

I'm all for taking an impact player. Too many years we are just on the outside of being able to take a blue chipper and we wouldn't trade up to take an impact player. I was all for us to trade up with Minnesota and take Adrian Peterson but that didn't happen and in hindsight just missing out on Patrick Willis really makes me miserable, the guy is a stud. We have too many "good" players and I do use that term loosely. I want to see the Bills take a high caliber, impact player. I don't care about the cost or if we even have to use other draft pick(s) to move up enough to secure such a player. How about getting just ONE GREAT PLAYER and build the team around him, whoever that may be. Having someone who not accept ineptness, plays lights out and raises the level of play from others around him. let's try something different!

What are you talking about? We just pass on them.

McKinnie

Ngata

Beason

Orakpo

The last bunch of years is littered with guys we just missed

Big Ben, Willis, Spears (traded pick for Losman), Wolkfork...

Also annoying are the guys we missed after our pick.

No matter who we pick, I give them a 30% chance of drafting a

stud player. Even if they had the #1 overall pick.

Even if we pick a stud, DJ couldn't coach 'em anyway. Yep,

you know he'll be back next year.

But winning meaningless games doesn't hurt the franchise. ;)

Add a player or two to sweeten the pot. It's time to blow this thing up and start from scratch. Trade our pick for 2 mid-round 1 picks or if you can swing it 3 late mid-round 1 picks.

Get back into the top 7??

Yeah, I did that in Madden and it didnt work out too well, The guys I got in the 1st round still only had like a 70 overall.

Point is you never know what will work for sure. No point in getting rid of the rookie that has proved himself after just 5-6 games.

This draft will rely a lot on whether a CBA is reached or not. I believe that if a rookie slotting system is in place there will be a lot more trading for high picks than there's been.. If it's a no cap year there is still a rookie sal cap, unless the owners decide to waive it, IIRC. Then anything can happen IMO. The problems with agents for high picks could be unbearable and nobody will want one of those picks or it may in some way help the trading. Anyhoo, no CBA will wreak havoc with the NFL.

I have thought about this a little bit in the past few months and even thought we may miss out on a "blue-chipper" early in the draft, we may be in the perfect position to trade out of our 1st round spot for a 2nd and 3rd this year and possibly a 1st, 2nd next year. It will really depend on how much money the Jerry Jones's and Daniel Snyder's will want to pay for the high profile pics this year. If teams really think they are a few players away they will give up alot to go at it next year. We may suck for next season, but can get alot in return for it. Then we also dont have to pay the high salaries for rookies being the last year w/o a rookie salary cap, and next year we could be in a really good position. I also feel that they could be setting themselves up for the year after all the high priced one year contracts. When the rest of the league will be cutting players to make the cap, teams like Buffalo will be in the perfect postion to pick up some decent players and finish the rebuilding process in just 1 year.

Thats my take, flame away

Ask the Lions how that whole "draft high every year" thing is going for them.

Very true. But also consider they spent their picks on flashy skill position guys like a crap load of WR's, RB, a TE and a QB. If they spent those picks on the line on either side of the ball they would probably be a LOT better off. At least they did get a good LB in there somewhere.

Are you listening Buffalo?!?!?!?!?!?

Very true. But also consider they spent their picks on flashy skill position guys like a crap load of WR's, RB, a TE and a QB. If they spent those picks on the line on either side of the ball they would probably be a LOT better off. At least they did get a good LB in there somewhere.

Are you listening Buffalo?!?!?!?!?!?

Another problem Detroit had was that Matt Millen was the one doing the picking. So most of the flashy guys you described didn't go on to have very good football careers. When Bill Polian went to Indy, he used a first overall pick on a "flashy" position: QB. But this was Bill Polian doing the picking, not Matt Millen. Which is probably why the Colts ended up with Peyton Manning.