Shaq Lawson wants "that cash"

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I guess we will wait and see. But I am pretty good with my value predictions. 

I agree you are generally spot on for some of these. But go look at my comment in the under the radar thread. Shaqs numbers this year vs chandler jones, Khalil Mack, and nick Bosa. His snaps at 480 this year vs those guys and the stats with them. He was on pace for elite level numbers this year. 

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

4 years 40m / 16m guaranteed, 1m ProBowl bonus, 1m 10 sack bonus, 1m 40tackle bonus, $2m 1st team AllPro bonus.

You should be his agent :)

I think Beane would go for something close to that.

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Pay that man.

You can't let every player leave once it's time to get paid.

You let the players leave if their contract exceeds what your perceived value is for that player. Beane and McDermott would love to keep him as a rotational defensive end at a reasonable contract. But I doubt that's going to happen because Shaq thinks he's elite.

He'll test free agency and get little interest and then go sign a one year prove it deal somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I agree you are generally spot on for some of these. But go look at my comment in the under the radar thread. Shaqs numbers this year vs chandler jones, Khalil Mack, and nick Bosa. His snaps at 480 this year vs those guys and the stats with them. He was on pace for elite level numbers this year. 

yep but expand his snaps his role expands. And that can lead to regression. He doesn’t have good tool box of pass rushes. Limited combo or counters. 

better run defender than pass defender. This isn’t like a Clowney playing out of position. He has played both OLB and DE. 

to be honest if Shaq is smart he comes to Bills and says 2 years 19M. Stay in the system and actually show he has developed as a pass rusher. 

I get you saying someone will over pay. And always could happen. Doesn’t change the fact what is real value is. And if they (any team) do overpay they will be taking heat from their fan base immediately as he will not come close to living up to anything in the double digit AVvs

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Everyone has "one decent year" here it seems.

Nobody wants to pay anyone. Revolving door of development

You pay the ones who deserve it. You love on from the ones who will get overpaid. There's nothing to gain by overpaying a bunch of average players.

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

Everyone has "one decent year" here it seems.

Nobody wants to pay anyone. Revolving door of development

He looked like a draft bust his first 2 years. :(

Flashed a bit last year(2018) not enough for them to pull the trigger on a 5th year option.

Had a decent 2019 as a rotational player.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

4 years 40m / 16m guaranteed, 1m ProBowl bonus, 1m 10 sack bonus, 1m 40tackle bonus, $2m 1st team AllPro bonus.

No way should we pay a rotational guy 10 million a year.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

You let the players leave if their contract exceeds what your perceived value is for that player. Beane and McDermott would love to keep him as a rotational defensive end at a reasonable contract. But I doubt that's going to happen because Shaq thinks he's elite.

He'll test free agency and get little interest and then go sign a one year prove it deal somewhere.

I think that something like this is likely.  He’d be a guy I’d like to have on a 2 year deal (that could become a 1 year deal) while I see how my DE draft pick this year pans out.  

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

yep but expand his snaps his role expands. And that can lead to regression. He doesn’t have good tool box of pass rushes. Limited combo or counters. 

better run defender than pass defender. This isn’t like a Clowney playing out of position. He has played both OLB and DE. 

to be honest if Shaq is smart he comes to Bills and says 2 years 19M. Stay in the system and actually show he has developed as a pass rusher. 

I get you saying someone will over pay. And always could happen. Doesn’t change the fact what is real value is. And if they (any team) do overpay they will be taking heat from their fan base immediately as he will not come close to living up to anything in the double digit AVvs

Oh I agree. Open up the snap count and can he survive the season? He was hurt to end this year which sucked for the playoff game. 
I can absolutely see an Indianapolis or someone jump in with a crazy offer though. 
Im one of his biggest fans, but I don’t want to pay him 10 million a year. Honestly I don’t want to pay him more than 6 if he’s rotating with Murphy or on that side of the line.  He’s better from the other side against the left tackle.

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

He will no doubt leave and head to Kansas.

Has the Raglands about him. I want him here. 

He finally got to 100 tackles this year....for his career;)

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Is Croom still following the Triple H career plan?

VP in 2 or 3 years

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Oh I agree. Open up the snap count and can he survive the season? He was hurt to end this year which sucked for the playoff game. 
I can absolutely see an Indianapolis or someone jump in with a crazy offer though. 
Im one of his biggest fans, but I don’t want to pay him 10 million a year. Honestly I don’t want to pay him more than 6 if he’s rotating with Murphy or on that side of the line.  He’s better from the other side against the left tackle.

The reality is if they could get him at his value of 8 you replace Trent with him. 

to be Honest the one that I really think is goi g to leave with a massive over pay is Phillips. DCs and GMs are not going to be able to resist those sack numbers coming from the interior and will completely over look how much of a liability he is against the run. 

IMO out of the two Shaq and Phillips, Phillips has more of a potential to be overpaid relative to true value than Lawson will 

• Like (+1) 2