Do you realize

C.Biscuit97

we are currently in first place in the AFC East??? The Pats* and Jets would have 2 divisional losses and we have all home divisional games left (well, Toronto against the Jets). I'm not prediciting anything but I'm just saying. You never know. :w00t:

Heck yea! And if Parrish doesn't touch a punt he should have never been near, we might be in first all alone. If the Saints missed their flight to Buffalo, we might be playing for homefield throughout the playoffs! Nice to dream isn't it?

Heck yea! And if Parrish doesn't touch a punt he should have never been near, we might be in first all alone. If the Saints missed their flight to Buffalo, we might be playing for homefield throughout the playoffs! Nice to dream isn't it?

How is it dreaming that we lost a game we led the entire way because of a stupid play by one player?

we are currently in first place in the AFC East??? The Pats* and Jets would have 2 divisional losses and we have all home divisional games left (well, Toronto against the Jets). I'm not prediciting anything but I'm just saying. You never know. :w00t:

Every team has one play here and there that changes the complexion of their season. If the Jets make that missed FG yesterday....., etc...

Do you realize that the pats scored 14 points in less then 5 mins left in the game and that all the Bills had to do after the fumble was to go thirty yards in 30 seconds to kick a field goal and go into OT to try and win it but failed to do so. Do you realize that if Leodis didnt fumble there was no guarentee that we would have won the game anyway.

Do you also realize that this team hasnt been playing very well alll season they certainly do not look like a team that belongs on the top of a division and certainly bares no resemblence to a top 12 team in the NFL.

Guest dog14787

Yup, thought about that myself, just how close this team was from leading our division.

How is it dreaming that we lost a game we led the entire way because of a stupid play by one player?

It is dreaming because if you have been watching the Bills for years, you can say that throughout the season, every season. It is something most Bills fans have come to expect. If anyone says after Lindell missed the kick at the end of regulation yesterday then saw that the Jets were getting the ball, and didn't say to themselves the Jets were going to win-I will show you a liar. Dreaming is when you think of something happening that didn't and would be extremely out of the norm if it did.

Every team has one play here and there that changes the complexion of their season. If the Jets make that missed FG yesterday....., etc...

I get that but we were up 11 with 5 minutes to go and led the entire way. That, IMO, is completely different than yesterday.

I get that but we were up 11 with 5 minutes to go and led the entire way. That, IMO, is completely different than yesterday.

Kinda like when we were beating the Jets last season in New Jersey with what less than a minute left and we had the ball, look how that turned out. So if you used that theory, Jauron coached us to a .500 season last year, or better if Lindell hadn't missed the FG against Cleveland.

It is dreaming because if you have been watching the Bills for years, you can say that throughout the season, every season. It is something most Bills fans have come to expect. If anyone says after Lindell missed the kick at the end of regulation yesterday then saw that the Jets were getting the ball, and didn't say to themselves the Jets were going to win-I will show you a liar. Dreaming is when you think of something happening that didn't and would be extremely out of the norm if it did.

I do agree with that. I jsut find it funny how close we are to being in first in the worst season in Bills history.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. We are two plays away from a 4-2 record. Like the old saying goes, things are never as bad as they look and never as good as they seem. When all heck is breaking loose on TSW, its nice to remember that.

BTW - I like your optimism! I don't understand why all the negative nancies around here even follow the Bills.

Kinda like when we were beating the Jets last season in New Jersey with what less than a minute left and we had the ball, look how that turned out.

If you want to be positive (but why do that? :w00t:), you could see it as a game that the Bills normally lose and they finally found a way to win it. Glass half full.

I do agree with that. I jsut find it funny how close we are to being in first in the worst season in Bills history.

i don't know which is worst, being pathetic from the get go like this year or starting with a bang last year only to crap to bed and destroy a whole lot of optimism like last season.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. We are two plays away from a 4-2 record. Like the old saying goes, things are never as bad as they look and never as good as they seem. When all heck is breaking loose on TSW, its nice to remember that.

BTW - I like your optimism! I don't understand why all the negative nancies around here even follow the Bills.

Thanks. :w00t: I do get the negativity because it has been a terrible but decade. But if you're a Bills fan and can't enjoy a Bills win, there's somethign wrong with you. On top of that, it's a nice sunny day here. All I'm saying is you never know.

i don't know which is worst, being pathetic from the get go like this year or starting with a bang last year only to crap to bed and destroy a whole lot of optimism like last season.

Really no silver lining for you is there?

Do you realize that the pats scored 14 points in less then 5 mins left in the game and that all the Bills had to do after the fumble was to go thirty yards in 30 seconds to kick a field goal and go into OT to try and win it but failed to do so. Do you realize that if Leodis didnt fumble there was no guarentee that we would have won the game anyway.

c'mon they scored a touchdown on a long drive and then got the ball on our 30 yard line. It's not like they drove 80 yards twice. You're right that if he not fumbled there was no guarantee that we would have killed the clock completely (though we'd moved the ball with relative ease all game). Even if we punted they still would have had to drive basically the length of the field with no timeouts and needing a touchdown. The chances were REALLY good that we win that game if Leodis doesn't fumble.

As bad as this team has been they could be alone in first place in the AFC East.....that is amazing, but the reality is they are 2-4. Can they run off 11 in a row? Just kidding

I believe the Dolphins started 2-4 last year after winning 1 game the previous year. I'm just saying.

I can totally see where cbiscuit is coming from. Not only would we have won that game, but I think it would have done a lot for the psyche of the entire team. Losing to Cleveland might not have happened with the confidence of knowing you knocked off NE.

Do you realize that if we didnt have dick jauron as coach, we wouldn't have tanked to a 2-8 finish last season, and wouldn't be craptastic this season?

Do you realize that if we didnt have dick jauron as coach, we wouldn't have tanked to a 2-8 finish last season, and wouldn't be craptastic this season?

You're right. Jauron needs to stop fumbling punts and kickoffs; stop refusing to throw the ball down field; stop being so bad that he couldn't get a sniff as a backup QB and had to go to some insane minor league.

I've never said Jauron was a great coach. But the Bills players lost a lot of games on their won. A coach can only do so much. Jauron can't make JP have pocket prescence, just like he can't make Trent play with balls.

I thought this last night right after the game.

But the negative side of it is the word IF.....

All they had to do is take care of business at home vs the Browns and finish the game at NE we are 4-2 even with all the injuries.

I feel like coaching cost us 2 games. Seems like we have this problem every year with Jauron. Somebody should have told McLovin to down the ball no matter what.......coaching.

Jauron should have pulled Trent in the 3rd during the Browns game since it was clear he wasn't doing the job....Coaching.

Think the players don't realize this??

if we had a coach like Rex Ryan we'd never be in this position!! Oh wait, Dick the punching bag's team just beat Ryan's team in Ryan's house and with a back up QB.

I thought this last night right after the game.

But the negative side of it is the word IF.....

All they had to do is take care of business at home vs the Browns and finish the game at NE we are 4-2 even with all the injuries.

I feel like coaching cost us 2 games. Seems like we have this problem every year with Jauron. Somebody should have told McLovin to down the ball no matter what.......coaching.

Jauron should have pulled Trent in the 3rd during the Browns game since it was clear he wasn't doing the job....Coaching.

Think the players don't realize this??

I don't know man. McKelvin and Parrish have returning kicks long enough to know what to do. You think they should be told not to fumble? And Parrish broke to rules: 1) he fielded a punt inside the 10 and 2) tried to pick up a bouncing ball.

Jauron has made a lot of mistakes but these are one of them IMO. It could be argued that so far DJ outcoached Belichick and Ryan and defensively, went toe to toe with Sean Payton until the offense worn out the defense.

I don't know man. McKelvin and Parrish have returning kicks long enough to know what to do. You think they should be told not to fumble? And Parrish broke to rules: 1) he fielded a punt inside the 10 and 2) tried to pick up a bouncing ball.

Jauron has made a lot of mistakes but these are one of them IMO. It could be argued that so far DJ outcoached Belichick and Ryan and defensively, went toe to toe with Sean Payton until the offense worn out the defense.

this is what I mean with McKelvin.......

April or Jauron should have told him under no situation you bring that ball out if it goes into the end zone. PERIOD.

We had the hands team on the field and he would get limited blocking. Or at the very least go down once you get past the 20yd line. Coaching.

In the Browns game Parrish was trying to make a play since he knew that the offence was playing like dog shyt.

So I semi give him a pass but you are right he broke mad rules..

This is the ultimate frustration with this team and the why this coach must go. The Bills are - essentially - a couple of small breaks away from being in first place - and those small breaks are indicative of poor coaching. The NFL is set up so the middle 20 teams can all beat each other and the difference is coaching. There must be 20 plays a game under this regime where poor coaching is evident. The fumbles on returns, having 12 men on a return, having no return team on the field (Cleveland game end of 3rd quarter), at the end of the game yesterday - going into the wind - we fail to get that extra 10 yards - with plenty of time left - to put Lindell into a more high percentage kick....the list goes on and on....BUT THAT IS WHAT THIS TEAM IS!! - Middle 20 with horrible coaching - we end up being the team that doesn't do the little things to win.

Really no silver lining for you is there?

Just like most fans, I am fed up wih decades of losing and the lack of effort from the organization to win. It is to the point where a win is more of a relief than a reason to be excited, and it shouldn't be that way. Where would the silver lining be in losing season after losing season? I haven't seen it yet. I have been a die hard fan for over 35 years and couldn't count how much money I have spent on tickets, trips to training camp, clothes, hats, memorabilia, NFL Sunday Ticket, all because of my loyalty to an organization that hasn't shown any to it's fan base in years and years.

As bad as the Bills are...and they are bad...two plays go differently and we are 4-2 and in first place. Ponderous.

PTR

Thats true, but they weren't bad luck plays like how the Bengals lost to Denver opening weekend, our miscues were caused by Bills players, not the opponents, not the officials, not the weather, not bad luck, etc.-all our team's fault. I think our coaching staff is terrible, but you can't blame these types of screwups on them for the most part, professionals need to know better than to commit mental f-ups like those were.

we are currently in first place in the AFC East??? The Pats* and Jets would have 2 divisional losses and we have all home divisional games left (well, Toronto against the Jets). I'm not prediciting anything but I'm just saying. You never know. :unsure:

I thought about that constantly right up to the New Orleans game, C.Biscuit - then, our offense couldn't score a TD against the Saints, which we followed up with consecutive losses to win-less teams, getting crushed in Miami and failing to score a TD once again against the hapless Browns. It was then that any delusions of this being a playoff team went out the window.

But you're right - anything can happen. I did predict that they'd somehow find a face-saving way to get Edwards out of the line-up, be it some mysterious illness, H1N1, a 'phantom' hit (did anyone actually see Trentie get hit in the head?), or whatever and - lo & behold - looks like Trent's out for a while. Maybe Fitz will prove adequate, given the plethora of offensive weapons, for this team to make a run at post season play - or at least give us a modicum of respectability.

we are currently in first place in the AFC East??? The Pats* and Jets would have 2 divisional losses and we have all home divisional games left (well, Toronto against the Jets). I'm not prediciting anything but I'm just saying. You never know. :unsure:

or we go 3 and out, punt the ball and NE scores. You never know. But I think my scenario is much more likely

I thought about that constantly right up to the New Orleans game, C.Biscuit - then, our offense couldn't score a TD against the Saints, which we followed up with consecutive losses to win-less teams, getting crushed in Miami and failing to score a TD once again against the hapless Browns. It was then that any delusions of this being a playoff team went out the window.

But you're right - anything can happen. I did predict that they'd somehow find a face-saving way to get Edwards out of the line-up, be it some mysterious illness, H1N1, a 'phantom' hit (did anyone actually see Trentie get hit in the head?), or whatever and - lo & behold - looks like Trent's out for a while. Maybe Fitz will prove adequate, given the plethora of offensive weapons, for this team to make a run at post season play - or at least give us a modicum of respectability.

Granted the offense sucked that game (NO defense is pretty good though), but for 3 and half quarters, we gave NO their toughest game of the season. And I blacked out during the Mia and Cleveland games. :unsure:

Do you realize if Leodis doesn't fumble, that guy in Florida wouldn't have had a heart attack.

If IFs and Buts were Candy and Nuts.......................

Buffalo could be 5-1 right now if the offence puts up a couple points against the Saints and they actually stay on the field for more then 3 downs at a time. If all those things happen, there is no way the Bills front office even considers letting DJ go this year