leonard

BeastMode54

on NewYorkJets.com he expresses his frustration and anger towards the way he was treated when he left. he said quote: "'“I was surprised. I expected to have some conversation with them and they basically said, ‘We’re moving on,’ " Leonhard told newyorkjets.com today. "You don’t forget something like that."' Another bonehead move by a bonehead FO

on NewYorkJets.com he expresses his frustration and anger towards the way he was treated when he left. he said quote: "'“I was surprised. I expected to have some conversation with them and they basically said, ‘We’re moving on,’ " Leonhard told newyorkjets.com today. "You don’t forget something like that."' Another bonehead move by a bonehead FO

Face it, he is on his 3rd team in 3 years. Baltimore didn't see him as valuable enough to keep either.

Face it, he is on his 3rd team in 3 years. Baltimore didn't see him as valuable enough to keep either.

Yet Rex Ryan knew how good he was and made him a high prority this off season. The Ravens have a lot of great D talent and could afford to lose him in football terms and not afford to keep him as far as salary cap goes. Either way Id rather have him over Wilson/Scott/Byrd. He was one of the best playmakers on the team when he was on Buffalo. Not a great athlete, just a good football player always making plays.

I'm no big fan of this team's front office, but I'm not too sympathetic to his argument. The guy was an undrafted player who was never really more than a 2nd or 3rd team safety who played not because he was particularly good, but because they had no one else. Honestly, what did he expect?

He was a starter for the ravens because they lost Dawan Landry to injury last year. As for the jets he knows ryans system and once they traded abram elam it was a short term solution. Jim Leonhard still doesnt make plays, and he has the added benefit of a solid front 7. He's still not a much different player from the guy that rich gannon once said "This guy looks like he shouldn't even be on the field" in a bills/jags during his last year with the Bills. It was funny seeing Leonhard dive at ricky williams with his head down and Williams simply leaping over poor jim. Isolated in coverage he's a liability, and doesn't offer much in run support. He's not a playmaker, and offered little as a punt returner.

He was a starter for the ravens because they lost Dawan Landry to injury last year. As for the jets he knows ryans system and once they traded abram elam it was a short term solution. Jim Leonhard still doesnt make plays, and he has the added benefit of a solid front 7. He's still not a much different player from the guy that rich gannon once said "This guy looks like he shouldn't even be on the field" in a bills/jags during his last year with the Bills. It was funny seeing Leonhard dive at ricky williams with his head down and Williams simply leaping over poor jim. Isolated in coverage he's a liability, and doesn't offer much in run support. He's not a playmaker, and offered little as a punt returner.

Please take your common sense and understanding of the game elsewhere, we're trying to F.O. bash in here..... :censored:

Yet Rex Ryan knew how good he was and made him a high prority this off season. The Ravens have a lot of great D talent and could afford to lose him in football terms and not afford to keep him as far as salary cap goes. Either way Id rather have him over Wilson/Scott/Byrd. He was one of the best playmakers on the team when he was on Buffalo. Not a great athlete, just a good football player always making plays.

It helps having good players around you. That was his problem on the Bills. Coaching etc left him on his own looking foolish on plays.

PTR

not sure why he'd be that upset or what he felt he was deserving of as a reserve barely sticking to the roster. These coaches cut guys all the time and I'm sure it's not easy. Going to a defense that he can actually play in is the best thing that ever happened to him.

Gimem a break with Jimmy Leonhard. he was the guy teams targeted when he played for the Bills. A converted receiver outplayed him that season and Ko Simpson was coming back from injury. if anyone says they were disappointed or mad when he wasn't re-signed is a complete liar. He was a fringe NFL player.

But you guys are right. What would the Jets do without his 23 tackles and 1 pass defended this season? http://www.nfl.com/players/jimleonhard/profile?id=LEO708542 It's pretty obvious teams gameplans are to not throw at JL and throw at scrubs like Ed Reed or Kerry Rhodes.

People are seriously whining about Leonhard???

Leonard wasn't a fit here. He is a free roamer who needs a very good safety next to him in order to flourish. He got burnt in coverage a lot here in Buffalo and only caught on in Baltimore when he had Ed Reed covering his ass and a Baltimore pass rush that helped the secondary.

What a class act this organization gave him a chance and even if he wasn't happy with the way they treated him on his way out he should just keep it to himself because without Buffalo he doesn't go to Baltimore and than doesn't land his big contract with the Jets.

I think Marv was gone by then... and when Marv left, a whole lot of Front Office high character went with him. :censored:

I think Marv was gone by then... and when Marv left, a whole lot of Front Office high character went with him. :censored:

there are probably easily a thousand cuts made across the league every year. what do you want coaches to do? brew some tea and talk to the player for hours about their feelings and give them tissues and jerk them off on their way out the door?!?

ive done a lot of contract work, and there have been times when I didnt fit well, or the project changed, and when my contract was up my boss simply told me "We're not going to renew your contract. Thanks for all your hard work. We're going to bring other people in". know what i did? said "ok, thanks" and wen ton with my life.

Should I go around and bad mouth him to other employers/coworkers?

boo hoo poor jim leonard. god, NFL players are all little divas these days.

there are probably easily a thousand cuts made across the league every year. what do you want coaches to do? brew some tea and talk to the player for hours about their feelings and give them tissues and jerk them off on their way out the door?!?

ive done a lot of contract work, and there have been times when I didnt fit well, or the project changed, and when my contract was up my boss simply told me "We're not going to renew your contract. Thanks for all your hard work. We're going to bring other people in". know what i did? said "ok, thanks" and wen ton with my life.

Should I go around and bad mouth him to other employers/coworkers?

boo hoo poor jim leonard. god, NFL players are all little divas these days.

Now THAT is some seriously funny imagery. LOL!

"The Turk wants to see you and bring your teacup."

Priceless. Thanks for the chuckle.

GO BILLS!!!

which is funny because he has been a starter for both the Ravens and Jets, but couldn't cut the mustard in Buffalo go figure.

Yes, and he was in sort of demand but ended up taking less money to play for the Jets which was more like the scheme he played in Baltimore, and wanted to avoid being "miscast" as he was at the end of his Bills tenure.

*with a very bad church lady voice*

Great Baltimore defense and great Jets defense, but not so good in Buffalo...

hmmmm....could it be....COACHING!!!!!! :wallbash:

When you get to line up with Ed Reed, Chris McAllister, and Samari Rolle you are going to have a chance to make more plays because they are coming after you. He stepped up and played decent, but he's not one of the top Safeties by any means. Now he's lining up with Revis, Rhodes, and Lito Sheppard. Of course alot of looks are going to come his way again. His stats are coming because the guys around him are that much better which causes OC's to test him.