Some might not agree but....I dont think it is too early

Given what just happened on the football field......the impending doom of DJ.....the look on the players faces.......this team might be lucky to win another game this year.

I think picking in the top 5 of next years draft is a real possibility.......so...who are your picks folks? Keep the pick or trade down and try to pick up more? What position?

Nah, its not too early.

I think they have to start looking for another QB, as bad as I hate to say it. I'd probably pick Sam Bradford. Barring that, I think its well past time to kick the 4-3 to the curb, so if not QB, I start looking for 3-4 defensive linemen with that pick.

Why should you get your hopes up. They'll most likely take a small player who won't make the team much better. Rookies, as we know, don't impact teams in their first year.

Besides, Russ Brandon the ticket seller is running the team. Well, except for being able to make the adult decisions RW makes.

Probably a mistake without finding 2 tackles first. I'd rather see them get a proven veteran QB (though who would sign here) and use that first pick on a real LT (assuming one is available).

They need both. I'd go QB because I think the league is totally QB-driven, but I'd understand tackle.

if you think ralph is going to pay a top 5 pick then you are dreaming... the obvious move is to trade down and miss out on a possible franchise QB so you dont have to pay them the money. We will get the generic line of "we have many holes to fill". Which is true, but not for the right reasons, i.e paying top money.

They need both. I'd go QB because I think the league is totally QB-driven, but I'd understand tackle.

I'm just not ready to ruin another one. Any QB we pick with the current configuration is going to end up being David Carr/Losman/Alex Smith. And with Ralph's cheapness there's no way we leave the kid on the sidelines.

There was a McCargo sighting yesterday, which was wicked awesome given the fact that Mangold is basically a pro-bowler in NY now.

I hate this team.

Probably a mistake without finding 2 tackles first. I'd rather see them get a proven veteran QB (though who would sign here) and use that first pick on a real LT (assuming one is available).
Completely agree, fix the o-line (the best we can) through the draft, and find a veteran QB who can take us through a couple years of line maturity or gelling with some kind of respectability. Status quo is embarassing

Completely agree, fix the o-line (the best we can) through the draft, and find a veteran QB who can take us through a couple years of line maturity or gelling with some kind of respectability. Status quo is embarassing

If you're going to actually fix the O-line, you may as well keep Edwards. He can be competent behind a decent line, and you're not going to find any vet who's actually good on the FA market.

Oh please god, let it be Sam Bradford. This offense needs someone who is not afraid to sling to ball downfield. :w00t:

I don't have an answer for who to draft right now, but I hope it's not Bradford. Bradford is another QB that is too small and will stay injured. McCoy maybe, not Bradford.

If you're going to actually fix the O-line, you may as well keep Edwards. He can be competent behind a decent line, and you're not going to find any vet who's actually good on the FA market.

I also agree with this. I still think Edwards is a capable, quality QB. Fix the line, see what happens. If he doesn't perform, find a QB.

It is downright pathetic we are talking draft more than 6 months out. And while we're talking off-season, can't see them doing much in UFA, aside from signing the Geoff Hangartner's of the league.

I love draft time as much as any real fan, but the thought of a front office consisting of Guy, Modrak, and the clueless (on personnel) Russ Brandon deflates whatever hope I had for building a winner.

Jimmy Clausen.

This.

ND's game this week against USC will give draft prognosticators a lot to chew on. If Clausen plays well this week, his quiet ascension to the top of draft boards will be more justified and he may consider foregoing his senior year to capitalize on the $$$ a top 5-10 draft pick will command.

Another thing to consider is if the Bills decide to blow the whole thing up, FO and coaching staff, and we bring in a new regime that has a top 5 pick to build a franchise around, it'll be interesting to see if they take the Bill Parcells route and draft a LT, or if they go QB.

I hope they go QB. First year coaches Mike Smith and John Harbaugh drafted their guy and tailored them to their system and they have been successful in doing so. Hopefully, whoever is HC, they can get a guy, either a rookie or a veteran, that can play well in the system.

My top 5 right now:

1. Ndamokung Suh / DT / Nebraska - Beast on the DL.

2. Russell Okung / OT / Ok. State - Could start for alot of teams at RT as a rookie, including ours.

3. Carlos Dunlap / DE / Florida - Think Mario Williams brother from another mother.

4. Taylor Mays / S / USC - Hits like a LB and has sub 4.4 speed at 6'3", 235 lb.

5. Jimmy Clausen / QB / Notre Dame - Heck of a strong arm, accurate on every level of throws, and is used to playing in the cold.

It is downright pathetic we are talking draft more than 6 months out. And while we're talking off-season, can't see them doing much in UFA, aside from signing the Geoff Hangartner's of the league.

I love draft time as much as any real fan, but the thought of a front office consisting of Guy, Modrak, and the clueless (on personnel) Russ Brandon deflates whatever hope I had for building a winner.

That's the sad truth...Any hope of building a winner is crushed by the inept personel running this team right now, and the only person who can fix this is old fart Wilson handing out all football related decisions to a real GM, can you see the light at the end of the tunnel??...I'll always be a Bills fan, good thing there's alcohol to sooth things out a bit :w00t:

I don't have an answer for who to draft right now, but I hope it's not Bradford. Bradford is another QB that is too small and will stay injured. McCoy maybe, not Bradford.

Height: 6 ft 4 in Weight: 223 lb

Height wise I think he's perfect but I do agree weight wise. He does need to put on more weight. I would say that he would put on a lot of muscle coming into the pros. He'll be more than fine in the NFL.

Seriously, if I see 1 more "Let's draft a QB" post I will loose it (purposeful misspelling for AD).

Let's get some tackles and an OLB to replace Ellison. I like Witherspoon from Mizzou, but it's still early.

Height: 6 ft 4 in Weight: 223 lb

Height wise I think he's perfect but I do agree weight wise. He does need to put on more weight. I would say that he would put on a lot of muscle coming into the pros. He'll be more than fine in the NFL.

He's not any different than Kelly was, size-wise.

Free Agent linebackers in 2010 www.footballsfuture.com (the site was updated on Sept. 1st)

DeMarcus Ware, Karlos Dansby, DeMeco Ryans, Thomas Davis, Derrick Johnson, DQwell Jackson

Free Agent offensive linemen in 2010

Marcus McNeill, Jared Gaither, Chad Clifton, Adam Terry, Marshall Yanda

Outside of Kyle Orton, there are no FA QBs worth bothering with...forget that.

I find draft talk depressing because one of the following are certain to happen:

1) Guy & Modrak waste our #1 pick on a bust.

or

2) We actually pick a winner but they won't sign, but rather re-enter the draft than have their NFL career wither under limp Dick Jauron.

PTR

How would people feel about drafting a QB at 1 if we actually brought in quality FA O Linemen AND used some high draft picks as well?

It takes a while to develop offensive linemen.......and Guard to Guard I think we are set.

I hear that Langston Walker is available and he played really good at LT when Peters was out :w00t:

John Guy really likes him

Too early? The only reason I think it is too early is that you don't know who the coach is, so you're not sure what kind of team they want to field. Where we are picking though, never hurts to grab a franchise QB.... :w00t:

Dick will be the coach

Ralph will not eat his $8 mil plus the staff

but the thought of a front office consisting of Guy, Modrak, and the clueless (on personnel) Russ Brandon deflates whatever hope I had for building a winner.

At one time I thought that Modrak would be the talent evaluator of draftable players that the late John Butler was. Big disappointment.

Guy and Brandon are both nice gents, met them both many times at the Bills Boosters meetings and if Wilson wants to keep them around in the door-knob polishing department or some such position - I have no problem with that. However in no circumstances should either of them have any more say in personnel; be that players or coaches. But, with all that said, I don't believe any changes will be made in the foreseeable future. And it is not all about money but IM sure that is a big factor (like any businessman).

Ralph Wilson is too loyal to a fault. Always has been...see Harvey Johnson...not once but twice!!! Wilson is in his comfort zone with Modrak, Guy and Brandon. He is old. Most of the football people Wilson used to rely on for advice are gone. I believe that the answers that Ralph Wilson gave the media Monday were because he just doesn't have a clue at this point, of what to do. The NFL that Wilson knew is gone replaced by the Snyders and Jerry Jones'es. A cutthroat league of bottom dollar and screw that other teams. Sure Ralph Wilson wants to make a buck, but it was his love for the game itself that drove him to persue ownership of a pro football team. In the early years Wilson lost a ton of money and could have folded his football tent in Buffalo, instead he kept the new league afloat by giving the Sullivans in Boston and Davis in Olkland money they needed to keep their fanchises going. The trust in any advice that Ralph Wilson might have sought of contemporary owners has faded forever. The big question Wilson has to be asking himself is who can I ask for advice? Who can I trust? It's easy to say fire them all. The next step, the hardest for this ninety-something owner may be something he just doesn't have the energy or fire in the gut if you will to carry out and that's start over. A lot easier to do if you are in your 30' 40's or even 60's.

My top 5 right now:

1. Ndamokung Suh / DT / Nebraska - Beast on the DL.

2. Russell Okung / OT / Ok. State - Could start for alot of teams at RT as a rookie, including ours.

3. Carlos Dunlap / DE / Florida - Think Mario Williams brother from another mother.

4. Taylor Mays / S / USC - Hits like a LB and has sub 4.4 speed at 6'3", 235 lb.

5. Jimmy Clausen / QB / Notre Dame - Heck of a strong arm, accurate on every level of throws, and is used to playing in the cold.

Agree with all of that, except for Cluasen. Thats a joke right? Guy sucks, dismal 3 years and the weather doesnt matter at all. If your gonna talk QB's, I really like McCoy. I also really like the University of Cincinnatti's QB. Name escapes me right now but I've watched him like 3 times this season. He's nasty. I'd pass on Bradford and Tebow based on injury alone.

Anyone else?

Got to get ourselves a QB

How about a veteran quaterback, and a qb 4th round or later i am getting sick of wasting high picks on the position. If they have to if they're not quality vets left try an trade for a proven qb i have no faith in the current staff drafting one, and yeah i hope and think jauron is gone after this year but have felt that the last two years.

Ralph Wilson is too loyal to a fault. Always has been...see Harvey Johnson...not once but twice!!! Wilson is in his comfort zone with Modrak, Guy and Brandon. He is old. Most of the football people Wilson used to rely on for advice are gone. I believe that the answers that Ralph Wilson gave the media Monday were because he just doesn't have a clue at this point, of what to do. The NFL that Wilson knew is gone replaced by the Snyders and Jerry Jones'es. A cutthroat league of bottom dollar and screw that other teams. Sure Ralph Wilson wants to make a buck, but it was his love for the game itself that drove him to persue ownership of a pro football team. In the early years Wilson lost a ton of money and could have folded his football tent in Buffalo, instead he kept the new league afloat by giving the Sullivans in Boston and Davis in Olkland money they needed to keep their fanchises going. The trust in any advice that Ralph Wilson might have sought of contemporary owners has faded forever. The big question Wilson has to be asking himself is who can I ask for advice? Who can I trust? It's easy to say fire them all. The next step, the hardest for this ninety-something owner may be something he just doesn't have the energy or fire in the gut if you will to carry out and that's start over. A lot easier to do if you are in your 30' 40's or even 60's.

I felt sorry for my grandfather when he was in his mid to late 80s and his friends were gone. All the people he hunted with at a camp in the southern tier had passed, leaving him as the final one. I'm sure RW is like that with his friends from the early days.

At this point, I can't see RW okaying a complete rebuild from GM through HC. I completely agree he's in that comfort zone, because 91 year old men do not make long term plans. Besides, why would he make huge financial commitments to players and coaches when the team could got up for sale?

RW's insistence on remaining the owner is holding back the future of this team. The irony is his presence may be holding the team here. It's nice that he was recognized for his leadership in the heady days of the AFL, but IMO, he's hurting his legacy with this recent 10 year stretch of inept management. Ever since he called for Johnson to start over Flutie, this franchise has gotten almost everything wrong.

Agree with all of that, except for Cluasen. Thats a joke right? Guy sucks, dismal 3 years and the weather doesnt matter at all. If your gonna talk QB's, I really like McCoy. I also really like the University of Cincinnatti's QB. Name escapes me right now but I've watched him like 3 times this season. He's nasty. I'd pass on Bradford and Tebow based on injury alone.

Anyone else?

His name is Tony Pike and I like him too. We could still get him in the 2nd round though, IMO. He's 6'6" and has a strong arm as well as being pretty accurate. Clausen has had a dismal 3 years though? Seriously? I've watched him lead 3 (what could've been 4 if not for Forcier's heroics) game winning drives this year LATE in the 4th quarter. One of them straight off the bench and hobbling around trying to hold up in the pocket after not really playing most of the game. He can throw a ball 65 yards in the air and drop it right in his WR's hands. Don't know who you've been watching bro', but I've been watching one of the best QB's in college football right now.