Is Roscoe Parrish mentally disabled?

PLEASE don't delete this thread. I'm not insulting the guy, and I have NOTHING against people with mental disabilities. Believe me. But I seriously want to know, is Roscoe mentally retarded? He is unable to line up correctly half of the time on offense, which is why he does not see the field more (this is per Peter King in the preseason). He's already fumbled away two games this year, and he seems to be uncoachable in the sense that I'm sure April has been in his ear repeatedly about not taking unnecessary risks and not running 30 yards backwards. I really think it needs to be asked, is he mentally crippled, and if so, is it the best idea to have him returning kicks and punts? I'm thinking no.

Btw, this game was a joke, but at least it marks the bottom (for now). It's officially over for Jauron (he may last the season, but not longer), and if you think otherwise, please put your money where your mouth is and PM me with a wager.

PLEASE don't delete this thread. I'm not insulting the guy, and I have NOTHING against people with mental disabilities. Believe me. But I seriously want to know, is Roscoe mentally retarded? He is unable to line up correctly half of the time on offense, which is why he does not see the field more (this is per Peter King in the preseason). He's already fumbled away two games this year, and he seems to be uncoachable in the sense that I'm sure April has been in his ear repeatedly about not taking unnecessary risks and not running 30 yards backwards. I really think it needs to be asked, is he mentally crippled, and if so, is it the best idea to have him returning kicks and punts? I'm thinking no.

Btw, this game was a joke, but at least it marks the bottom (for now). It's officially over for Jauron (he may last the season, but not longer), and if you think otherwise, please put your money where your mouth is and PM me with a wager.

Read every post I have ever put up about the guy - he needs to go as does this coaching staff

in about 15 chances this year...Roscoe has made about 10 mindnumbingly dumb decisions. An 8 yr old in peewee football doesnt do that.

Look up Roscoe's Wonderlic score.

Unfortunately though, Roscoe's intellect level (or lack thereof) is about problem #28 on the priority list.

true. Schobel going offsides on 3rd down (and negating a Buggs sack) wound up costing 3 points.

Roscoe's score of 10 on the Wonderlic makes him look like a genius compared to another graduate of THE U, RB Frank Gore. Gore scored a wopping 6, yes S-I-X 6!

He's already fumbled away two games this year, and he seems to be uncoachable in the sense that I'm sure April has been in his ear repeatedly about not taking unnecessary risks and not running 30 yards backwards. I really think it needs to be asked, is he mentally crippled, and if so, is it the best idea to have him returning kicks and punts? I'm thinking no.

I have to wonder what happened to that league leading returner we knew and loved so much. It was very evident after several seasons that he is not cut out to be a WR but his value as a returner was very high. But this year, he is neither returning well nor making any good decisions back there. Make no mistake - he is one of the reasons we lost yesterday but not the sole reason. With the limited success the Browns were having on O, it would not have taken much to win yesterday's game despite Parrish's bone-headed plays.

I truly believe his having been on the trading block created a major dis-incentive for him to play well. Not using it as a justification but this seems to be another case where we have to stick to using him as we have slim options. Perhaps April should just tell him to fair catch every ball and just go down immediately.

Clevelands tackle moved a little and set schobel and buggs off. It wasnt enough to call, apparently.

Eight on the wonderlic test is considered literate. I understand roscoe wondered if he should lick it.

No, Roscoe is not technically mentally disabled. He falls into that category psychologists used to call "Dull Normal." IQ right around 80. Not quite normal intelligence, but not significantly impaired to qualify for government assistance or special consideration. Prognosis: Some possibility for independent living, but will need assistance in some areas, e.g., Doctor appointments, housekeeping, etc... Career options will include grocery cart chasing, NFL punt catching.

Link

Any statements that him being on the trade block might be hurting his performance are BS. He's a professional and is getting paid millions of dollars a year to play football. If he can't get his head in the game and maintain focus, then he shouldn't be playing.

i'm pretty sure if roscoe worked for or with one of us moving bricks or ripping the heads off of chickens (i don't know what else he'd be doing) we'd be shocked and how goddamn stupid he is and wonder on a daily basis if he's retarded. he's shockingly stupid and shouldn't be on the team.

No, Roscoe is not technically mentally disabled. He falls into that category psychologists used to call "Dull Normal." IQ right around 80. Not quite normal intelligence, but not significantly impaired to qualify for government assistance or special consideration. Prognosis: Some possibility for independent living, but will need assistance in some areas, e.g., Doctor appointments, housekeeping, etc... Career options will include grocery cart chasing, NFL punt catching.

What does your IQ have to be in order to be mentally disabled?

I don't think Roscoe is, but DJ certainly is.