"You guys are asking me football-related questions,"

The JP HATERS Club start a new thread about him constantly, even though he is no longer a Bill. I quarantee when the Loco's play their 1st game there will be at least 1 JP thread probably more.

you again? JP is dead, OK! Move on! don't worry Tebow will be in the pro's soon and you will have another career backup to cheer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing that disturbed me the most was right after that he said, "sorry im not more of a football fan." uhhh dude, you are the starting QB for an NFL franchise. maybe you should become one. i dont usually get bent out of shape about stuff and i rarely post on here (however i read this board everyday) but that really bothers me. trent seems to ho-hum about playing. i want some fire from my quarterback. trent thinks to much, thats a big problem. he over analyzes play. that stanford brain of his is too smart for the teams own good if that makes any sense. its like he doesnt trust his instinct or doesnt have a natural quarterback iq.

i just rambled, i hope that makes sense. anyway.... GO BILLS!!

What does Edwards' play have to do with some actor and the fact that Edwards didn't watch highlights of the Vikings game? That's the topic in this thread.

And for the record, I could care less about 'checking down'. Edwards has played well in 2 of 3 games this year. Obviously it's been drilled into him to avoid make mistakes by his overly conservative coach. But yeah...people like you who can't get enough of typing 'checkdown' are really 'pulling' for him. :lol:

Like I said, i was agreeing with you that noone should give a crap about trent not watching the vikings game or tape of favre. but i do think, and it's only my opinion, that there are very few people on this board who are "trent haters". I think we are all frustrated. While that frustration should not ALL fall on Trent's shoulders, I think it's only fair some of the blame can go to him. When you have two receivers named Lee Evans and Terrell Owens, to not take more attempts to get them the ball has got to fall on the QB.

Maybe you could care less about Trent checking down every other play, but I myself, and I'm sure other fans as well would LOVE to see him take some shots. And I am a Bills fan, I pull for EVERY player on our team to succeed. But I also call a spade a spade. He checks it down too often. It's a fact.

Trent not watching highlights is ok with me but if you listen to the whole interview the reporters were asking him how he could be more like these prolific passers...what do they do differently that maybe you could learn from....

I think thats a damn good question! What does Peyton manning do that you dont? TRUSTS his recievers even if they are no names. Dree Brees makes his recievers better because he TRUSTS them to make a play. Trent could lea a thing or two from these guys couldnt he?

The fact that he doesnt want to and is disintrested in that worries me

Trent not watching highlights is ok with me but if you listen to the whole interview the reporters were asking him how he could be more like these prolific passers...what do they do differently that maybe you could learn from....

I think thats a damn good question! What does Peyton manning do that you dont? TRUSTS his recievers even if they are no names. Dree Brees makes his recievers better because he TRUSTS them to make a play. Trent could lea a thing or two from these guys couldnt he?

Well if he's not trying to learn and improve his own game by watching hi-lites of the best QBs in the game, then maybe - just maybe - he should be watching Ryan Fitzpatrick hi-lites.

The thing that really caught my eye and surprised the heck out of me, and maybe I didn't articulate it properly, was his remark...

"You guys are asking me all these football-related questions" - WTF kind of questions was he expecting?

the thing that disturbed me the most was right after that he said, "sorry im not more of a football fan." uhhh dude, you are the starting QB for an NFL franchise. maybe you should become one. i dont usually get bent out of shape about stuff and i rarely post on here (however i read this board everyday) but that really bothers me. trent seems to ho-hum about playing. i want some fire from my quarterback. trent thinks to much, thats a big problem. he over analyzes play. that stanford brain of his is too smart for the teams own good if that makes any sense. its like he doesnt trust his instinct or doesnt have a natural quarterback iq.

i just rambled, i hope that makes sense. anyway.... GO BILLS!!

Agreed. He thinks entirely too much about what's going on when he just needs to take charge and make plays. One of the "Trentisms" that's about to drive me nuts is the "I'm taking what the defense gives me" approach. Man I hate that! What professional athlete that's determined to win and confident in his team leaves it up to the other team to dictate what he does? It's sickening when I think about it. Just man up and take charge for once. He needs to tell his team that it doesn't matter what the defense does... we're going to score.

The thing that really caught my eye and surprised the heck out of me, and maybe I didn't articulate it properly, was his remark...

"You guys are asking me all these football-related questions" - WTF kind of questions was he expecting?

He was probably expecting the same kinds of dumbass TO questions he usually has to hear.

And you're making a complete buffoon of yourself in this thread.

Actually, he was probably working on his golf game.

Another disturbing nugget: In one of Trent's interviews between his rookie and second year, he said that he was along for the ride as far as professional football, had no expectations, and had many other interests he wanted to pursue.

His response sounded just like Peyton Manning. Not.

Like I said, i was agreeing with you that noone should give a crap about trent not watching the vikings game or tape of favre. but i do think, and it's only my opinion, that there are very few people on this board who are "trent haters". I think we are all frustrated. While that frustration should not ALL fall on Trent's shoulders, I think it's only fair some of the blame can go to him. When you have two receivers named Lee Evans and Terrell Owens, to not take more attempts to get them the ball has got to fall on the QB.

Maybe you could care less about Trent checking down every other play, but I myself, and I'm sure other fans as well would LOVE to see him take some shots. And I am a Bills fan, I pull for EVERY player on our team to succeed. But I also call a spade a spade. He checks it down too often. It's a fact.

I disagree. It seems to me there are a number of 'Trent haters' here just as there were a number of 'JP haters' and I think it's pathetic. People are actually happy that Edwards has been given an insulting nickname that has now received national attention. They must be so proud of their efforts. My apologies for lumping you into that group if you don't belong there.

As for his play, I want to see a smart game plan, and that includes a certain number of deeper throws. But it's been drilled into his head by the coaching staff to play it safe. Hopefully as the season progresses they will encourage him to take more shots down the field if that is what is required to have a more balanced offense. But that is as much dependent on the coaches and the young (and erratic) line as it is on Edwards. Does he need to play better? Yes. Does he need to be benched? IMO, that's insanity.

I disagree. It seems to me there are a number of 'Trent haters' here just as there were a number of 'JP haters' and I think it's pathetic. People are actually happy that Edwards has been given an insulting nickname that has now received national attention. They must be so proud of their efforts. My apologies for lumping you into that group if you don't belong there.

As for his play, I want to see a smart game plan, and that includes a certain number of deeper throws. But it's been drilled into his head by the coaching staff to play it safe. Hopefully as the season progresses they will encourage him to take more shots down the field if that is what is required to have a more balanced offense. But that is as much dependent on the coaches and the young (and erratic) line as it is on Edwards. Does he need to play better? Yes. Does he need to be benched? IMO, that's insanity.

Great assessment. You make a very good point about the o-line. Hopefully by season's end, (or even better within a game or two, they can really jel and give trent some more time. I couldn't imagine anything more absurd than him being benched.

Let's hope today is the day Trent lets a few fly.....

Great assessment. You make a very good point about the o-line. Hopefully by season's end, (or even better within a game or two, they can really jel and give trent some more time. I couldn't imagine anything more absurd than him being benched.

You post this after the Bills fired their OC the week before the start of the season? :lol:

Let's hope today is the day Trent lets a few fly.....

It's a pipedream, but I hope the Bills start running a less remedial scheme and Trentative lets his WRs make plays, not just today but for the rest of his career.

I think TE is trying to trust TO....

I think the "football related questions" remark is being blown way out of proportion. I'm certain that all of us have said something that didn't quite convey what we were actually trying to say, the difference being that we didn't have a camera in our face, or a reporter writing down what we said. I would guess he meant from a fan's perspective of watching other games. You don't have to love watching the game to love playing it (personally can't stand watching basketball or baseball, but used to love playing them as a kid.)

As for the checkdowns, when Trent unexpectedly started in his first year when JP went down he made plenty of mid-range throws, so why is it so hard to believe that he's being coached to protect the ball, and that three OCs in three years as a pro takes some adjustment? AVP's been the OC for a whole three games now... no surprise that they're not completely on the same page yet. That is probably not even enough time to get Schonert's voice out of TE's head. The line is a work in progress that has proven itself shaky in obvious passing situations, and the defenses we have played are designed to take away the mid to long range plays. Part of the reason that Trent has taken so much heat is also the reason that Fred Jackson's play has been lauded, because the short stuff is there. I'd love for our offense to dictate the game to the defense, but people, we're not there yet. Recievers can be running wide open down field, but if you don't have the time for the play to set up it doesn't work. You have to have a line that can dominate to do that, and ours is a young, injured work in progress. As frustrating as the short, high percentage stuff is, I don't recall it being any more fun to watch run, run, incomplete/sack with JP. GIVE IT TIME before you write it off, three games is not enough!

From Sullivan's column this morning...

MIAMI — Trent Edwards seemed surprised, almost flustered, when the media asked him questions about other NFL quarterbacks Wednesday. Hard as it is to imagine, he hadn't even seen a replay of Brett Favre's amazing last-second throw to Greg Lewis to beat the Niners.

"You guys are asking me these football-related questions," Edwards said. "I didn't see that game, either. I didn't even see highlights. I didn't watch any of it. I'm sorry."

link

Now I'm by no means a Sullivan fan but, if not football, WTF are they supposed to be asking Edwards about???? Ask him how talks are going to have Dakota Fanning cast in the Twilight sequel - New Moon - and I'll bet Captain Checkdown has all the poop...

Is Dakota Fanning cast in 'Twilight' sequel 'New Moon'?

This crap has gone on long enough - especially after Tim Graham's insightful analysis of Trentative's long game, or lack thereof. I'm ready for some Fitzpatrick.

I can't believe he is not sitting on his couch eating cheesy poofs and watching endless reruns of Sportscenter. Where do the Bills find these guys??? Edwards clearly has no commitment to his craft.

I can't believe he is not sitting on his couch eating cheesy poofs and watching endless reruns of Sportscenter. Where do the Bills find these guys???

Oh he saw the play. Believe me, he saw it.

Edwards clearly has no commitment to his craft.

Not true - he is committed to checking down at every opportunity.

Gee, that's fascinating. And certainly another valid reason to bash the Bills QB. :lol:

What does JP have to do with any of this? Newsflash: he's not on the team anymore.

Here, let me help you:

Hatred of any Bills QB other than Billy Joe Hobart = idiotic

I'd be more comfortable if Vince Flop-a-gamo was included with BJ Hobart.