My opinion about the upcoming game

Its the no huddle.......

I have nothing against the no huddle and they are not playing it badly.....but the saints are the type of team that we are just not ready for right now.....

- When we dont score it leaves our defense on the field to long

- Our defense has been having a hard time getting off the field

- If we blitz like last week this QB will make us pay

The only way I see us winning this game is OUTSCORING them.......that and winning the time of possession game by running the ball down their throats.....TOP is also not a strong suit of the no huddle.

I would actually like to see them huddle in this game.

Its the no huddle.......

I have nothing against the no huddle and they are not playing it badly.....but the saints are the type of team that we are just not ready for right now.....

The only way I see us winning this game is OUTSCORING them.......that and winning the time of possession game by running the ball down their throats.....TOP is also not a strong suit of the no huddle.

What was the last game we won where we didn't outscore the other team?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Its the no huddle.......

From what I see they take a long time to get the play off even without a huddle.

The DEs need to disrupt Brees' rhythm, the way they did to Brady in the first half of the season opener. They've been MIA since halftime of the NE game.

Without that, I don't think the Bills can beat the Saints.

I'd also like to see press coverage from the CBs, but I doubt that'll happen.

If N.O plays their best game and Buffalo plays their best game i hate to say it but i like N.O (close).

Haveing said that, how Buffalo beat N.O is to not turn the ball over, do not settle for field goals, and big plays on special teams. If Bills can win the turn over margin and convert third downs in the red zone to first downs or touchdowns, they can win this game. I also hope the lake can blow some rain in around 4 pm.

If N.O plays their best game and Buffalo plays their best game i hate to say it but i like N.O (close).

Haveing said that, how Buffalo beat N.O is to not turn the ball over, do not settle for field goals, and big plays on special teams. If Bills can win the turn over margin and convert third downs in the red zone to first downs or touchdowns, they can win this game. I also hope the lake can blow some rain in around 4 pm.

Only one problem there...

"Hi, I'm Dick Jauron. Have we met?"

Dan lol

What I mean is they are a offensive powerhouse and we would have to be better then them offensively

:unsure: Yeah, I knew what you meant, but you lobbed that one up pretty easy for me.

I'm not sure we can keep pace with them in a traditional shoot out game. Maybe. But, I think the defense is going to have to stop the Saints and/or force some field goals. We consider the Bills' offense as doing well because they're scoring 2-3 touchdowns per game (in the first 2 games). But, the Saints have scored 6 per game. So to think we can suddenly score more touchdowns that we have in several games combined is hoping for a miracle, IMO.

Hence, I think the key to this game is the defense. If we keep the Saints to 4 touchdowns, we've got a shot. And the key to that, IMO, is 3rd down defense. We've been getting eaten alive on 3rd downs. The TOP is as lopsided as it is because our defense can't get off the field. This Sunday they've got to fins a way to do that. Just straight blitzing Brees probably won't do it; he seems to sharp for that. So, I think they'll have to disguise their coverages really well and pick their spots.

Guest dog14787

The Saints have rushed the ball close to 60 times in the first two games averaging over 4.5 yards per carry.

Stop the run, stop the Saints.

although injuries and not having lynch are bad for this, i think we have a solid shot on the saints.

brees does his worst on the road against cover 2 teams. they are a great O, but not a grind it out O, and they take chances. we will produce turnovers and they won't run well (best backs are hurt, our run d is very solid). they might get a lot of yards, but we'll be able to frustrate them and force a long field.

i think we can and will score on their D.

although injuries and not having lynch are bad for this, i think we have a solid shot on the saints.

brees does his worst on the road against cover 2 teams. they are a great O, but not a grind it out O, and they take chances. we will produce turnovers and they won't run well (best backs are hurt, our run d is very solid). they might get a lot of yards, but we'll be able to frustrate them and force a long field.

i think we can and will score on their D.

Great point. Drew Brees is 1-3 vs. Tampa in his career.

Its the no huddle.......

You can still do the no huddle at a huddle speed. You just run to the line of scrimmage and hike the ball with a few seconds left on the play clock, easy.

You can still do the no huddle at a huddle speed. You just run to the line of scrimmage and hike the ball with a few seconds left on the play clock, easy.

Exactly...people dont understand the difference between a hurry up offense and a no huddle offense

It's the 2nd straight road game for the Saints. It's supposed to be wet and windy. They are starting their 3rd string unproven RB. They will be without their Pro Bowl LT and 4th WR. Their front-7 is pretty weak and is missing a starting DT. The Bills have a very good chance against the Saints.

I think if the Bills don't turn the ball over deep in their own end of the field they should be alright .

If you give Brees a turnover in your own half of the field its money points.

Like to see Roscoe take one to the house and squash these trade rumors so we can get some points that way.

Highly unlikely we get a Defensive TD 3 weeks in a row so T.O. better not drop any passes this week .

If Fred Jackson has a game like last week and Trent has his normal 200 yd game with no INTs we win.

I'm excited that the weather is supposed to be iffy (increasing wind as the game goes on and a little rainy) but I really want to see Trent put out a solid outing in adverse weather conditions. Hopefully the weather magnifies both teams running game and we control the ball.

Are Leo and McGee going to play? I hope so

Go Bills

Its the no huddle.......

The playclock is around 1 sec. most of the time anyways, the huddle at the line lets Trent scan the defense and audible if necessary. The huddle actually gives Trent less time to scan and audible.

The Bills offense looks like it might be able to put up 30 points against the Saints.

Will the Bills cover 2, bend-but-don't break defense hold up against Brees? That's the question. Being at home, having some nasty weather, and a loud crowd can help, but the Bills pass rush will have to show up, and the back seven needs to protect the middle of the field.

Winning this game would be the signature win of the Jauron era. This team needs to finally show that it can beat a team with a winning record at home.

The franchise has maturing talent and it looks as if the offensive gameplanning is finally on track. What they need now is to knock a good team in the teeth and rack up the win.

Not to worry initially John as TOP is an issue if we get into a shoot out with them (likely we will lose if we just try to outscore them) when other factors taking the game one series at a time will determine whether the TOP results end of reflecting the game score. TOP is a critical indicator but you have to acknowledge these two stats are different things and hands down the final score is the only stat that matters,

The actual things that matter actually line up fairly well for the Bills"

1. Do not turn the ball over much.

The average Saints drive start this season was just beyond the 40 which is a tribute to them winning the ST battle and most of all of getting a good number of INTs. The good news for the Bills is that under Bobby April even with a mediocre team overall the ST basically has led the league in ST performance over the last three years. Edwards does check down a bit much though he finally aired it out a bit last week with great accuracy. If the Bills avoid gift wrapping the game for the Saints as the hapless Lions did behing their rookie QB and the Iggles did with their back-up the game need not become a track meet.

2. The primary benefit of the no huddle for us is that it makes pass protection a lot simpler for our incredibly inexperience OL. Face the facts that though Wood, LeVitre, and false start Bell are incredibly talented and the experience level drops even farther wih the loss of Butler and easing the OL load is issue one for this team.

If we play to Evans and TOs strength, amp up the pressure by forcing them to cover Parrish one on one as they dt our WRs, the ability of Jackson as a receiver forces the other team to run a pretty standard 4 DL blitz easing things for our young OL.

The no huddle is your friend and perhaps the main savior of TE and not making the same mistake as offensively challenged Lions and post McNabb Iggles.

Even better their pass rush looks pretty mediocre after two games with them having racked up only two sacks (1 even to LB Vilma) despite them clearly having forced their opponents to load up and pass to catch their high scoring O.

3. Like regular football the key is basically to run and to stop the run. The Bills should be able to run on a Saints team which honestly deserves credit for their great offensive work even if it was against weak opponents but their D is after two games against troubled O ranked in the lower third of the NFL for most of the key defensive stats. If we run against them like we have and opponents have run against them and we avoid turnovers to their weak pass rushing team we can beat this team playing in our house.

Starting the game with ST (which we are guaranteed to do) and using the no huddle to simplify the blocking assignments and stunts they will face strike me as keys to this game.

Well, that makes sense. I figured 3 straight road games was a pretty brutal f'ing way to start a season.

As for their run game, Mike Bell is out. That's good news.

Definitely good news, I agree. Mike Bell is by far their best running back. Pierre Thomas is pretty good, but not an every down back, and Reggie Bush is solely a gimmick player, pass-catching back. He doesn't strike fear in me at all.

I don't know why, but i just have this weird feeling Buffalo is going to win this game...

As I've mentioned elsewhere, the no-huddle is the perfect attack against the Saints because Gregg "it's the scheme, not the players" Williams is their DC, and he LOVES to substitute frequently. The no-huddle neutralizes that.

Screens should also work brilliantly against Williams' overly aggressive D.

Buffalo will move the ball against these guys. No score predictions from me, but of that I'm certain.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, the no-huddle is the perfect attack against the Saints because Gregg "it's the scheme, not the players" Williams is their DC, and he LOVES to substitute frequently. The no-huddle neutralizes that.

Screens should also work brilliantly against Williams' overly aggressive D.

Buffalo will move the ball against these guys. No score predictions from me, but of that I'm certain.

Greggo Williams loves to Blitz, Edwards tends to overachieve vs the blitz, and underachieve vs coverage because he's not a agmblin man. I hope Williams brings the heat this game.

It's the 2nd straight road game for the Saints. It's supposed to be wet and windy. They are starting their 3rd string unproven RB. They will be without their Pro Bowl LT and 4th WR. Their front-7 is pretty weak and is missing a starting DT. The Bills have a very good chance against the Saints.

Saints are starting their starting RB, Pierre Thomas. He's been hurt. He has been their starting RB since late last season. He's good to go. Brees throws 4 more.Saints win.