Mcgee misses practice. Questionable for sunday....

WILLIS

mcgee misses practice today with back spasms as per john clayton on sportscenter live. He is questionable for the game sunday. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. good thing these guys dont have any real strong wr threats and im expecting them to run on us mostly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4484522

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Bills starting cornerback Terrence McGee is questionable for Buffalo's game against Tampa Bay after missing practice because of back spasms.

The Bills' top cornerback developed the spasms Friday morning after practicing all this week. If McGee can't play on Sunday, Ashton Youboty likely would take his place.

That says alot that they will plug Youboty in over Corner. They must still be pretty confident in his abilities. I would've figured that Reggie would get the nod. Hopefully this is nothing that drags along through the season because we need McGee on the field. He's a beast against the run as well.

I will probably get beat up for this because you never want to be without your best players....... but with the limited opportunities Youboty had in camp this might be good for the team long term. We get to take a look at Youboty and hopefully he reverts back to early 2008 form. He made a big difference in our 3rd down defense in the limited time he was available last year. If Mcgee is going to miss, TB would be the game I would pick. We will need him 100% for New Orleans.

That says alot that they will plug Youboty in over Corner. They must still be pretty confident in his abilities. I would've figured that Reggie would get the nod. Hopefully this is nothing that drags along through the season because we need McGee on the field. He's a beast against the run as well.

They leave Corner inside where he has played all preseason. Youboty looked good last year until he was hurt. I hope the guy stays healthy this year and plays as well as he was until the injury.

thanx lori...

well if he developed the spasms this morning hopefully they will disappear overnight. I expect him to play.

Watch the replay of the NE game, he hurt himself when he tackled Moss late in the 4th quarter. He gets up slow and holds his lowback/ Kidney area. I think this has been bugging him since then.

How come McGee never blitzes?

Is it the position, or is it the player?

If it's the player, Youboty might provide an interesting wrinkle, given his propensity for blitzing in the past.

Because he's always guarding the other team's best WR man to man :lol:

mcgee misses practice today with back spasms as per john clayton on sportscenter live. He is questionable for the game sunday. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. good thing these guys dont have any real strong wr threats and im expecting them to run on us mostly.

For all of those who criticize the over drafting of DB's this is the exact thing that strategy is good for. I have very little concern over this. If it were McGee & Mckelvin I'd be worried.

I will probably get beat up for this because you never want to be without your best players....... but with the limited opportunities Youboty had in camp this might be good for the team long term. We get to take a look at Youboty and hopefully he reverts back to early 2008 form. He made a big difference in our 3rd down defense in the limited time he was available last year. If Mcgee is going to miss, TB would be the game I would pick. We will need him 100% for New Orleans.

Every time Youboty has played healthy he's looked starting caliber to me. He seems to be in perfect health right now, knock wood, and so I think it will be ok.

Florence and Corner are more than adequate backups IMO.

I think Youboty looks better outside and Corner looks better in the slot.... this move makes sense to me.