Next round of cuts

billsfan_34

Probably not, but as i stated surprise cuts. If you could pick a few who would they be?

Jonathan Stupar. Technically it would be a surprise because what team cuts it's best looking most productive TE?

Other surprise cut is Chris Kelsay. Not sure what we could use the money on but he is a waste of it.

Ok whats everyones surprise cuts on the 5th? Mine is Schoebel and Ellison. I would love to hear what everyone else feels may be a cut that will shock us all.

Why do people keep thinking we are going to cut Schobel. Where is the logic in keeping Kelsay and getting rid of him?

Ellison I am on the fence about. Maybe one more year and give it to Nic Harris.

Ok whats everyones surprise cuts on the 5th? Mine is Schoebel and Ellison. I would love to hear what everyone else feels may be a cut that will shock us all.

First, Schobel would not have started the last game if he were to be cut. Second,

if he's not in the Bills plans, he'd be traded first. He's not going to be cut or traded.

My "surprise" cut? Walker. Not this week, but as soon as Bell is healthy. Only a surprise

as he was expected to take over the LT position, and did a fairly good job last season when

Peters was a no show.

First, Schobel would not have started the last game if he were to be cut. Second,

if he's not in the Bills plans, he'd be traded first. He's not going to be cut or traded.

My "surprise" cut? Walker. Not this week, but as soon as Bell is healthy. Only a surprise

as he was expected to take over the LT position, and did a fairly good job last season when

Peters was a no show.

There are not enough experienced linemen on the roster to do it this season, but I agree with you about this. He will be gone by opening game next season unless he plays well at LT.

I seriously doubt there will be any surprise cuts this year (unless you count McIntyre, Jenkins, Bryan, Corto, Simpson, or Lankster as surprises). Remember that Pen!s Jauron, already conservative by nature, is on the hot seat and will want to go to battle with as many familiar vets as possible. Here's my latest roster prediction:

K(1): Rian Lindell

P(1): Brian Moorman

LS(1): Garrison Sanborn

QB(3): Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gibran Hamdan

RB(4): Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Dominic Rhodes, Xavier Omon

WR(6): Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson, James Hardy

TE(4): Derek Schouman, Derek Fine, Shawn Nelson, Jonathan Stupar

T(3): Langston Walker, Brad Butler, Demetrius Bell

G(3): Eric Wood, Adam Levitre, Kirk Chambers

C(2): Geoff Hangartner, Seth McKinney

DE(5): Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, Aaron Maybin, Chris Ellis

DT(4): Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson, John McCargo

OLB(4): Kawika Mitchell, Keith Ellison, Nic Harris, Alvin Bowen

MLB(2): Paul Posluszny, Marcus Buggs

CB(5): Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner

SS(2): Bryan Scott, John Wendling

FS(3): Donte Whitner, George Wilson, Jairus Byrd

I seriously doubt there will be any surprise cuts this year (unless you count McIntyre, Jenkins, Bryan, Corto, Simpson, or Lankster as surprises). Remember that Pen!s Jauron, already conservative by nature, is on the hot seat and will want to go to battle with as many familiar vets as possible. Here's my latest roster prediction:

WR(6): Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson, James Hardy

CB(5): Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner

That is pretty vanilla... But I agree

Hardy stays on PUP and Jenkins stays for at least 6 weeks.

Peters was a no show.

I do not know the answer to this so te ret of the bills board may chime in... When does Walker get paid I know it is each game but is there not a roster bonus? Anyway They are not going to cut him they may bench him...

There are not enough experienced linemen on the roster to do it this season, but I agree with you about this. He will be gone by opening game next season unless he plays well at LT.

Why wouldn't he just go back to his regular position, RT?

As for Ellison, no her won't get cut. Why would anyone cut a quality back-up that comes cheap?

I'm guessing Simpson and Denney.

i would make stupar our #1 tight end in the depth chart. our 4th round tight end would be our #2. fine and shoeman or whatever their names are arent impressive.

so my surprise is that they leave stupar on practice squad even though he should be our #1 ;)

what do u guys think about that? stupar?

go bills!

Hardy stays on PUP and Jenkins stays for at least 6 weeks.

I agree...and I can see Fine getting stashed as well. Stupar adds too much in the passing game to let go at this point.

I can see a BIG battle in the coaches room between cutting Copeland Bryan or Ellis. If they think Maybin can contribute as at least a 3rd down sub.....Jauron will want Bryan on the team. Ellis is the same mold as Maybin with 70% of the pure talent and work ethic from what I can tell.

I think Lankster is gone.

Since were apparently being ridiculous I'll say TO and Stroud :censored:

As long as we sound crazy, TO. But really, one of the WRs or CBs we have and maybe Ko Simpson. He is expendable.

I would cut Donte Whitner. He makes absolutely no plays. It is mind boggling how we could have taken such a mediocre player with the 8th pick who is also very marginal athletically as well. He plays WAY too far from the line of scrimmage and can not close on the ball quickly. The Steelers last week hit several 15-20 yard passes over the middle because Whitner was not closing fast on the receiver. I don't think he would start on most teams. But looking at our safeties, they really are not very stellar in the least. I hope that Byrd can really step up and play.

I would also cut Schouman and play Stupar and Nelson as our top two TE's. Has anyone else noticed that Schouman and Fine have been consistently injured since entering the league? What is wrong with them? They are always HURT.

We have some top end talent at skill positions, but our second tier guys are pretty marginal when you look across the board. We need so much more production from safety and tight end. Hopefully, Byrd is a much better Whitner.

I would cut Donte Whitner. He makes absolutely no plays. It is mind boggling how we could have taken such a mediocre player with the 8th pick who is also very marginal athletically as well. He plays WAY too far from the line of scrimmage and can not close on the ball quickly. The Steelers last week hit several 15-20 yard passes over the middle because Whitner was not closing fast on the receiver. I don't think he would start on most teams. But looking at our safeties, they really are not very stellar in the least. I hope that Byrd can really step up and play.

I would also cut Schouman and play Stupar and Nelson as our top two TE's. Has anyone else noticed that Schouman and Fine have been consistently injured since entering the league? What is wrong with them? They are always HURT.

We have some top end talent at skill positions, but our second tier guys are pretty marginal when you look across the board. We need so much more production from safety and tight end. Hopefully, Byrd is a much better Whitner.

You see what I see, which might be scary.

It's awfully hard to make big plays when you play in a scheme that relies on the safeties to cover a deep half of the field, much less on a team with zero pass rush. Whitner starts most plays 20+ yards from the LOS, what exactly do you want him to do against the short passing game?

Put him on a defense like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, or the Giants and you'd hear his name come up every week...of course, you could say that about a lot of guys (Jim Leonard, anyone?).

Don't forget that Lynch doesn't count against the 53 man roster until after week 3. Denney is a goner, Kelsay will stay. Lankster stays, either florence or your booty is a goner. I'm worth millions is also probably a goner, as he sucks on ST. I think Fine may be goner as well, but I think they should keep him over schouman. They are the same player, but fine is an inch or two taller and weighs another 20 pounds. For some reason, the coaching staff is enamored with schouman.