Watching the game again because I like pain

seq004

WOW. Edwards hit someone on the move and in stride!?!?!?!? On top of that the person was actually NOT running out of bounds for no RAC potential?!?!?

Alert the media!!!!

Pretty much every other QB in the league does that on a regular basis :lol:

Actually, hitting receivers in stride on short to medium passes is one of Edwards' real strengths. Watch the Jets and Skins games from 07 and the Chargers game last year--he can be highly accurate and put the ball in a spot where the receiver can make real RAC yards. Whatever else his flaws are, that isn't one of them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think this could be a decent to good offense, and that Trent will have a decent to good year, despite Turk and Jauron, who stink IMO. We really won't have any idea if this offense is any good until game 2-3. I doubt on MNF at the Pats we will do well. But we should be able to move the ball and score at home against the Bucs.

The Bucs are looking like a 4-12 team. I'm fairly optimistic about that one.

Ok three questions to anybody who has watched the game more than once- I watched the game at a bar yesterday so I might be off but - 1. does Jonathan Scott look pretty good as a RT 2. is Marcus Smith the biggest 295lb guy ever 3. did Derek Jones burst into the Backfield a couple of times like he was shot out of a cannon.

Watching the pick six, it's amazing how James Harrison abuses Langston Walker. LW outweighs Harrison by 100+ pounds and is 8 inches taller, but he struggles mightily to the point that had Edwards not thrown, he probably would have been sacked.

The Bills will see plenty of top notch pass rushers from the right side this season. I don't know if Kugler/Schonert/DJ have a plan to mitigate the lack of talent/experience at LT. Edwards/Fitzpatrick's health will depend on it.

Watching the pick six, it's amazing how James Harrison abuses Langston Walker. LW outweighs Harrison by 100+ pounds and is 8 inches taller, but he struggles mightily to the point that had Edwards not thrown, he probably would have been sacked.

The Bills will see plenty of top notch pass rushers from the right side this season. I don't know if Kugler/Schonert/DJ have a plan to mitigate the lack of talent/experience at LT. Edwards/Fitzpatrick's health will depend on it.

Supposedly, Harrison is a beast in the weight room; he can squat over 400 pounds. Considering that fact, he could have probably picked LW up and body-slammed him. :lol:

Supposedly, Harrison is a beast in the weight room; he can squat over 400 pounds. Considering that fact, he could have probably picked LW up and body-slammed him. :lol:

I'm sure Harrison can squat more than 400 pounds, but he's a beast. I'm sure he benches 475+ though and would handle Walker's 365 without problem.

Walker just seems like a fish out of water at LT. If the rumors are true the Bills do not favor him at LT, I can certainly see why. He lacks the foot speed and technique necessary to re-direct pass rushers, particularly the shorter ones. It's not so much about pure strength, but getting leverage to keep a pass-rusher from getting to the QB.

Buffalo will see Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Joey Porter, John Abraham, Gaines Adams, Freeney/Mathis (albeit in Wk 17), whoever NE throws out there, and Calvin Pace a total of 11 games out of 17. It will be a baptism by fire for whoever starts at LT.

Guest dog14787
I'm sure Harrison can squat more than 400 pounds, but he's a beast. I'm sure he benches 475+ though and would handle Walker's 365 without problem.

Walker just seems like a fish out of water at LT. If the rumors are true the Bills do not favor him at LT, I can certainly see why. He lacks the foot speed and technique necessary to re-direct pass rushers, particularly the shorter ones. It's not so much about pure strength, but getting leverage to keep a pass-rusher from getting to the QB.

Buffalo will see Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Joey Porter, John Abraham, Gaines Adams, Freeney/Mathis (albeit in Wk 17), whoever NE throws out there, and Calvin Pace a total of 11 games out of 17. It will be a baptism by fire for whoever starts at LT.

I agree, Walker is going to get our QB's killed and I'm not sure what we can do about it, but we probably need to try something different.

I agree, Walker is going to get our QB's killed and I'm not sure what we can do about it, but we probably need to try something different.

Edwards going to get himself killed if he doesn't start throwing the ball downfield. He's got more than enough time to drop back and throw it downfield. The problem is... he drops back and looks indecisively about before dumping the ball to the closest guy to him. He's' got to stretch the field and slow down the rush. To this point, for whatever reason, he looks scared and hesitant back there.

Watch the game. Half of Big Ben's throws were to receivers that were well covered. But, Ben threw it without hesitation and guess what... his receivers made some great plays on the ball. Trent, on the other hand, refuses to throw the ball.

Actually, hitting receivers in stride on short to medium passes is one of Edwards' real strengths. Watch the Jets and Skins games from 07 and the Chargers game last year--he can be highly accurate and put the ball in a spot where the receiver can make real RAC yards. Whatever else his flaws are, that isn't one of them.

I think PDaddy was saying that the receivers don't run routes with RAC potential(i.e. the pass that got Justin Jenkins killed)

I think we may be a 2nd half team on O after we wear down our opponents D (if we don't wear down our own 1st).

Which is why the No Huddle offense was never a good idea to begin with.....Especially considering that we run the crappy cover 2 defense.

he used to play for the bills.really good at catching bombs..but now they only throw one pass over 40 yds every three games or so--cuz its not safe

Lee Evans is the Bills' overrated speed receiver who consistently fails to fight for a ball in coverage and has caused two interceptions already with his unwillingness to go to a thrown football if he might get hit.

Sorry - I used to like Lee - but he's been doing this to Edwards since TE took over for Lee's buddy JP. Edwards' first two picks this preseason were both preventable by Evans, IMO.

Hopefully, he's just dogging it for preseason and he'll actually play for real during the real season. :devil:

Bills left tackle Langston Walker, who struggled to block NFL Defensive Player of the Year James Harrison, was beaten to the outside on the play. But that had no effect on the pass. Edwards had released the ball before Harrison got close.

one less excuse

I can't argue the fact that the first O has looked horrible. More horrible than ever.. But I will throw out a few things...

- We have played a set of three of the toughest defenses in the league -- in the Titans, Bears and Steelers..all experienced in their scheme..all with playmakers. The Packers are switching schemes but have one of the godfather's of the 3-4 as the D coordinator.

- For most of the preseason we have been missing what Dickie and Turk said we needed and what we actually acquired -- another key weapon. TO will bring additional focus on the edge of the field and out of the middle. One less player is in the middle on every down and every defender in the middle has a little bit more ground to cover. That could make a huge difference.

- The first O has played what is akin to about a full game in the four preseason games. I have seen a lot of middle runs, no crossing routes/picks, very few screens or draws. All things a team does to cover a bad offensive line. We have been more plain vanilla than a world full of Dick Jauron clones would be. We are always throwing deep in practice according to the video highlights -- why aren't we doing this in games.

I just have this gnawing feeling in my gut that noone can be this bad.....if we are -- I think all of us should follow SDS to the bookie and bet that under 7...cause if we are truly this bad -- I would bet the under on 4 wins. This team just has too much talent for that...I swear....

Good points, I hope your right.

I disagree on the O-Line. Wood looks awesome, and Butler is a welcome addition to the scrubs they had before- as is Hangartner.

No, the problem is the lack of downfield throws which is either Edwards lack of confidence, Schonert being a wimp w/his play-calling, or both. I don't know if Lee Evans even caught a pass this offseason.

Does he still play w/the Bills?

Owens certainly will be welcome, but it would really suck if Trent is relying solely on Owens for receiving help (from outside, first glances, it would appear so) as Owens does have a tendency of missing some games w/injuries.

As I posted elsewhere, if this is what we get this season, then Jauron, GUY, and Modrak must go. Brandon should be moved out of GM duties, and a real GM/ Coach should be brought in.

Shanahan, Holmgren, and Cowher are the only names worth considering.

The srcub before Butler is your starting Left Tackle.