Watching the game again because I like pain

seq004

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is... he drops back and looks indecisively about before dumping the ball to the closest guy to him. He's' got to stretch the field and slow down the rush. To this point, for whatever reason, he looks scared and hesitant back there.

Watch the game. Half of Big Ben's throws were to receivers that were well covered. But, Ben threw it without hesitation and guess what... his receivers made some great plays on the ball. Trent, on the other hand, refuses to throw the ball.

Fitz seems to be able to drop back and quickly get the ball out to a guy downfield and on the run. Watch his first play in the 3 rd quarter and the one a few plays later to Rosco on the sidelines. I wish Trent would do that. We also need to send Evans long and just heave it out there whether he's open or not 3 or 4 times a game. We might get lucky on one and it'll also help keep the defense honest. We didn't throw one pass longer than 15 all night.

Guest dog14787
Fitz seems to be able to drop back and quickly get the ball out to a guy downfield and on the run. Watch his first play in the 3 rd quarter and the one a few plays later to Rosco on the sidelines. I wish Trent would do that. We also need to send Evans long and just heave it out there whether he's open or not 3 or 4 times a game. We might get lucky on one and it'll also help keep the defense honest. We didn't throw one pass longer than 15 all night.

I'm impressed with Fitz, but most of his play time has been against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Until we get players like TO, James Hardy, Shawn Nelson and I hope Jonathan Stupar, onto the playing field, we are playing with a smallish group of WR's that are easy to defense against, at least in my opinion.

Trent Edwards can make all the throws and with good protection he can get the job done. Its been tough through the preseason and will be on the first game of the regular season, but it will only make us stronger. In my opinion we just faced some of the toughest opposition the league has to offer and no we did not fair well, but we can learn from our mistakes and make improvements. We have a very good defense and we can build around it.

Its not over yet folks, it hasn't even started...