IT'S PRE SEASON.

billsfan89

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the reasons to get down on the Bills this year their pre-season performance is what you are going to point to as a sign of the teams chances at winning. It's the NFL the Bills are a 8-8 team that depend on injury and in game luck to add or take away wins to their total. Sure DJ might not inspire confidence and the O-line is still a work in progress but to get on this team for pre-season performance.

Its pre-season do you really think that their quality of play during the pre-season is really the way they will be in the regular season. I have seen playoff teams look horrible in pre-season and bad 5-11 teams look awesome in pre-season it honestly means nothing at all.

Sure you can look to the play of individual players and get concerned but to say 0-16 first pick here we come is just a little hyperbolic don't you think.

When will you stop kidding yourself? Yes, it is preseason but this team has lost 8 out of the last 10 games that counted. They have followed that up with just awful games in the preseason. They don't even look close to being ready. Meanwhile, the Pats looked like they were in midseason form against the Redskins. Reality will eventually sink in for you. If the Bills get blown out by the Pats, what will say then?

Of all the reasons to get down on the Bills this year their pre-season performance is what you are going to point to as a sign of the teams chances at winning. It's the NFL the Bills are a 8-8 team that depend on injury and in game luck to add or take away wins to their total. Sure DJ might not inspire confidence and the O-line is still a work in progress but to get on this team for pre-season performance.

Its pre-season do you really think that their quality of play during the pre-season is really the way they will be in the regular season. I have seen playoff teams look horrible in pre-season and bad 5-11 teams look awesome in pre-season it honestly means nothing at all.

Sure you can look to the play of individual players and get concerned but to say 0-16 first pick here we come is just a little hyperbolic don't you think.

If training camp lasted 32 weeks, Dick still wouldn't have the team prepared to play.

#1 thing wrong looks to be is Turk has installed an offense that his QB cannot grasp.

This team appears to be a lock to lose all of its road games and win 5 at most home games.

A team can not look this bad without actually being in total disarray.

I'm starting to think that most Bills fans and TBD posters have finally taken off the rose colored glasses and realize what I've know since the Peters trade and the complete rebuilding of the offensive line, the Bills will only be as good as their O line.

The OLine has been 1000% better than Edwards so far...in fact, I would say Edwards is making the OLine look worse than it is because he stands there and doesn't throw the ball because he is too afraid of going more than 5 yards downfield...

I'm starting to think that most Bills fans and TBD posters have finally taken off the rose colored glasses and realize what I've know since the Peters trade and the complete rebuilding of the offensive line, the Bills will only be as good as their O line.

I have been posting about the OL for well over a decade. Now, our DTs other than Stroud are also a sad joke. This is a classic case of chickens coming home to roost. You cannot keep drafting defensive backs with prime picks and expect to have a strong team. What would a reasonable fan expect to happen when you draft Donte Whitner at #8, and go with players such as Spencer Johnson at Defensive Tackle?

There IS good news.:

1) We have a new interior OL that should be good. It had to start somewhere. At least now there is a chance of a running game.

2) If we are as bad as last night, even Ralph woun't be able to stomach the serial loser which is Dick Jauron.

3) TO will draw coverage, and perhaps Lee Evans will be able to get open. That would be a nice thing to see.....Lee Evans, actually getting open.

4) Last night didn't count as a real loss in terms of the season.

5) I predict an opening game upset of the patsies. :lol: Seriously, how much effort is Bellicheat going to expend against us, especially with poor little Brady getting pounded?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but you don't understand, this is it, our season is over, don't you know that by now, geeesh :lol:

dont you understand that our starting O has scored no TD's, Trent looks lost and confused, Trent has never been good, and the no huddle isnt working...

Hmmmm...sounds like every game we played in the second half of the season. I love how you seem to just shrug off the clear lack of playmaking our team has shown.

Casual fans seem to think Pre Season doesnt count, well I have a BIG news flash for you...the only thing that doesnt count in Pre Season are wins and losses...they are NOT an indication of a teams success.

What does matter is how your STARTING unit is performing on the field. If our starting unit looks real good and we still go 0-4 then who cares. But if we go 4-0 and are starting unit plays like it is (like total crap), then there is plenty to worry about.

The simplicity of saying Pre Season doesnt matter is rediculous. Our starters, you know the ones that play the whole game come regular season, CANT score any points...just like ALL, and I mean ALL of Trents career so far. There is absolutely no indication what so ever that come regular season this offense will be any better than it has been.

That right there is REAL reason for concern.

I have been posting about the OL for well over a decade. Now, our DTs other than Stroud are also a sad joke. This is a classic case of chickens coming home to roost. You cannot keep drafting defensive backs with prime picks and expect to have a strong team. What would a reasonable fan expect to happen when you draft Donte Whitner at #8, and go with players such as Spencer Johnson at Defensive Tackle?

There IS good news.:

1) We have a new interior OL that should be good. It had to start somewhere. At least now there is a chance of a running game.

2) If we are as bad as last night, even Ralph woun't be able to stomach the serial loser which is Dick Jauron.

3) TO will draw coverage, and perhaps Lee Evans will be able to get open. That would be a nice thing to see.....Lee Evans, actually getting open.

5) I predict an opening game upset of the patsies. :devil: Seriously, how much effort is Bellicheat going to expend against us, especially with poor little Brady getting pounded?

The irony is that even when the Bills do something right, they find a way to screw it up. You have to have tackles that can keep the edge rushers off of your QB, and the Bills, after deciding they didn't want Jason Peters, went out and did jack squat. They had 2 1st round picks and froze like a squirrel in the road. They used one of those on a C that they moved to G. That after they had targeted a C/G as their priority in free agency. They even bragged about how they didn't need to change their draft board at all because they had a feeling they had the players already on the team, ready to fill the void. Langston Walker isn't even a good RT and his switch to LT has been very rough. Player evaluation is not exactly a strong suit here.

dont you understand that our starting O has scored no TD's, Trent looks lost and confused, Trent has never been good, and the no huddle isnt working...

Hmmmm...sounds like every game we played in the second half of the season. I love how you seem to just shrug off the clear lack of playmaking our team has shown.

Casual fans seem to think Pre Season doesnt count, well I have a BIG news flash for you...the only thing that doesnt count in Pre Season are wins and losses...they are NOT an indication of a teams success.

What does matter is how your STARTING unit is performing on the field. If our starting unit looks real good and we still go 0-4 then who cares. But if we go 4-0 and are starting unit plays like it is (like total crap), then there is plenty to worry about.

The simplicity of saying Pre Season doesnt matter is rediculous. Our starters, you know the ones that play the whole game come regular season, CANT score any points...just like ALL, and I mean ALL of Trents career so far. There is absolutely no indication what so ever that come regular season this offense will be any better than it has been.

That right there is REAL reason for concern.

I have seen teams in pre-season look God awful and they have made the playoffs. I understand concern but to be all doom and gloom over games that don't count is just bad. If this team was lighting it up and scoring 30 points a game saying Super Bowl and playoffs base off of games that don't matter is just as stupid.

Which is going to be sh@t

I have seen teams in pre-season look God awful and they have made the playoffs. I understand concern but to be all doom and gloom over games that don't count is just bad. If this team was lighting it up and scoring 30 points a game saying Super Bowl and playoffs base off of games that don't matter is just as stupid.

You have seen teams look good in terms of points and wins...what you dont see is how and when they get those points probably cuz you look at the box score.

When your starting unit fails to put a single TD in the preseason or the QB of your team (which has never ever put together a real good season) still looks to have made no improvements and has no confidence then you have some big things to worry about.

Kurt Warner has struggled in this preaseason, but his resume speaks for itself so you trust he will be fine. Trent has no history of being good, got worse as the year went on last year, and looks to be on the same spiral down he was last year....that is PLENTY to be worried about this deep into preseason...the lack of production MATTERS big time for this team...

Here's to hoping that Brady's shoulder injury will have him miss Week 1!!!!
It doesn't matter but I find it interesting that you wishing for the opponents best player

to be injured is the way your going to start the season, its gonna be a long one

There IS good news.:

5) I predict an opening game upset of the patsies. :devil: Seriously, how much effort is Bellicheat going to expend against us, especially with poor little Brady getting pounded?

I hope you are right about the interior but other than Wood, who I think has a bright future, I don't think our interior line problems have been solved. Levitre has been less that unimpressive and Handgartner is little more than a slightly better than average journeyman. Really good offensive lineman are hard to find. Once you do find one, you should hang on to 'em like superglue.

I can't stand Brady either but I find it hard to insult a guy who regularly kicks our ass. If we had the opportunity, right now I'd trade Poz, Evans and Lynch for him and our first rounder next year.

You have seen teams look good in terms of points and wins...what you dont see is how and when they get those points probably cuz you look at the box score.

When your starting unit fails to put a single TD in the preseason or the QB of your team (which has never ever put together a real good season) still looks to have made no improvements and has no confidence then you have some big things to worry about.

Kurt Warner has struggled in this preaseason, but his resume speaks for itself so you trust he will be fine. Trent has no history of being good, got worse as the year went on last year, and looks to be on the same spiral down he was last year....that is PLENTY to be worried about this deep into preseason...the lack of production MATTERS big time for this team...

No it doesn't matter thats my point. We start off at 0-0 when TO comes back and Trent opens up the play book than the offense will look better. Not saying this team is going to the playoffs or anything like that but we do have a chance this is the NFL. I am pretty sure Fins fans last season were saying they were going to win 4 games and get a top 5 pick again because they looked bad in pre-season but we all know what happened.

Do you honestly believe that the Bills are the only team that has looked bad this pre-season? The Bills are 0-0 lets see how badly they look when the games count. Right now these games don't matter at all. I know DJ doesn't inspire confidence and taking a look at the individual performance of certain positions in pre-season is cause for concern but to give up on a season before it begins based on pre-season performance is just silly and hyperbolic.

Realistically I think the Bills fit in somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 now thats not a good season but its not 0-16 either. Oh but our schedule is so hard. Give me a break you don't know how hard this schedule really is. If Pennington gets hurt and Sanchez struggles our division doesn't look so tough. If the Texans flop and the Bucs tank well thats two easier games. If the Jags struggle again than thats another easier game. If the Falcons suffer their usual set back than thats a winable game.

This isn't base ball so much can happen in the NFL. The Bills have a chance just like any other mid level NFL team.

The games may not count but the performances do. I didn't expect them to beat the steelers but expected a competitive performance. The starters looked terrible and no better than their worst play of last year. No improvement whatsoever. The offense looks totally lost. The defense can't stop third and long...It wasn't a bad performance it was a pitiful performance and embarrassing...

Yep, I had even lower expectations. I would have liked to have seen the first-string get a touchdown. I wonder how many teams have gone the entire preseason with a touchdown from the first team, yet still made the playoffs. Can't be many, if any...

I HALF agree with you-

The Peters trade was NOT a bad trade, it was a good trade- he was greatly overrated (look at the number of sacks he gave up) and he had to go.

Our offensive line is the key and most everyone is realizing it now, and we're just not that good in that area. The very idea that "it is just preseason" is LUDICROUS since as it has already been pointed out that our starters have been miserable in the 1st quarter, which DOES matter.

Wow. You've known it for that long?