Anyone Watching Orakpo Tonight?

May Day 10

Honestly except Oklahoma when does Texas play any team with any talent? How can you evaluate these guys?

I am no fan of the Horns...see my above post...but look at who Maybin performed against last season. See any top of the charts O-linemen in that group? I don't.

Must admit I'm a bit skeered about Maybin, but I am optimistic (or a fool, or both).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think that debate is just about over. :thumbsup:

Just about? It was over years ago. :thumbsup:

As for Orakpo, I saw the highlights but wasn't overly impressed. It looked like the Skins gameplanned for the game, but the Steelers with Charlie Batch starting carved-up the defense for a TD on their 2nd drive.

When Orakpo doesn't suck like every other Texas FB player this decade.

He will be soft like all the other ones. After 6 weeks of getting pounded by NFL caliber tackles he will be a shell of his current self. Honestly except Oklahoma when does Texas play any team with any talent? How can you evaluate these guys?

Time will tell with Orakpo. He has all the physical tools, but it is always the desire of a Texas FB player that must be questioned. Maybe he will break the mold of Young, the Williams boys, Benson, Huff and others. As far as playing teams with talent, they usually make it to a major bowl and beat the likes of USC and Ohio State. Oklahoma State and Texas Tech have been top 20 teams. Not sure what else you want them to prove? Granted, the Big 12 is not the SEC.

Already did...1985. Greatest pure pass rusher in histroy.

That's hysterical. If TSW was around in '85 the nuck-nucks around here would have been calling Bruce a bust from the get-go.

GO BILLS!!!

Calling Orakpo soft just because he is from Texas...yea that makes sense. Thats the same reasoning of a racist FYI. (not implying you guys are racist, just pointing out the stupidity of judging this kid bc of his institution) Nothing about Orakpo is soft. Not his play, not his attitude, nothing. You could bash Texas all you want but they have produced more, and higher caliber, NFL players in recent years than Penn St.

Calling Orakpo soft just because he is from Texas...yea that makes sense. Thats the same reasoning of a racist FYI. (not implying you guys are racist, just pointing out the stupidity of judging this kid bc of his institution) Nothing about Orakpo is soft. Not his play, not his attitude, nothing. You could bash Texas all you want but they have produced more, and higher caliber, NFL players in recent years than Penn St.
Absolutely, Bust State U. JoePa is no friend to the NFL anymore.

are you his girl friend or something. give me a freaking break. you have not seen maybin play a single down and all you talk about is orapko every freaking day. its getting very annoying.

go root for the skins and give us all a break christ!

Wow. I can tell you are a real winner. Throwing a temper tantrum makes you look ignorant, and if you are over the age of 12, I would be very surprised, so I wont take it personally.

All I talk about is Orakpo? I believe that is the first time I have mentioned him on this board or any other. I also never mentioned Maybin.

I happened to flip a game on last night, not looking for anything in particular and this guy stood out... big time.

Orakpo's play is very relevant because he was available, many people here wanted him, and he is displaying everything that the Bills need and have been lacking for what seems like forever. I hope Maybin is better, but all along, I have had doubts. Im not biased toward Orakpo.... I just want to see the Bills get better for once.

I said it before and I will say it again.....

Orkapo is going to be the better player starting out. He did not declare early and is at the peak of his physical maturity right now. He is going to be a good player for the skins.

Maybin is a underclassman that has not physically matured yet. His ceiling is much higher because he has the body to add additional muscule and has natural first step quickness that cannot be coached.

Orako is going to break to the lead but over the course of years Maybin is going to surpass him

At least that is my opinion.

Wait till you see Maybin! :wallbash:

I agree, they are saying his 1st step is really really quick. I know you need more than a fast first step but it helps. Let Go Aaron Maybin-make our front office look like it knew what is was doing when it took you over Orakpo

The reason Texas is picked on is because of their huge success followed by so many high draft picks that flop. It makes one wonder what the deal is when you have so many high draft picks from one school go bust (or semi-bust)

Vince Young

Ricky Williams

Mike Williams (the biggest reason Texas players are characterized as soft in Buffalo)

Michael Huff

Cedric Benson

Not only were these guys flops, they were also headcases, especially Young, Ricky Williams and Benson. I agree that Texas has its' share of decent NFL players, but these are arguably their most prominent names in recent years and all are, or are nearing bust status.

I said it before and I will say it again.....

Orkapo is going to be the better player starting out. He did not declare early and is at the peak of his physical maturity right now. He is going to be a good player for the skins.

Maybin is a underclassman that has not physically matured yet. His ceiling is much higher because he has the body to add additional muscule and has natural first step quickness that cannot be coached.

Orako is going to break to the lead but over the course of years Maybin is going to surpass him

At least that is my opinion.

Excellent points across the board.

GO BILLS!!!

Prior to the draft the stories were he took plays off.

Yeah, I think that debate is just about over. :wallbash:

Actually, I believe if Ngata was on the Bills and Whitner on the Ravens, Whitner would look like one of the very top safeties in football, and we'd all think Ngata was an under-achiever. Hell, Jim Leonard looked like a real player on the Ravens and Justin Bannon played well (as a starter) too.