Anyone Watching Orakpo Tonight?

May Day 10

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is absolutely dominant. Yes, I realize it is preseason but this guy is sick. Gets penetration to the QB, causes havok, and is all over anyone running the ball. Impact player this year.

Wait till you see Maybin! :lol:

The guy's on firs for sure. Interesting that they said he's a "Dwight Freeny" type, is super fast off the edge and is really smart. Let's hope that Maybin can do the same.

Also, this broadcast reminds me that Theisman is an idiot.

I saw a little of that game yesterday...what is really impressive about Orakapos' performance is that he had some success against Starks, not a third stringer...maybe BO will help shake the notion that all Longhorn players are soft and lazy.

The guy is absolutely dominant. Yes, I realize it is preseason but this guy is sick. Gets penetration to the QB, causes havok, and is all over anyone running the ball. Impact player this year.

I saw the same - - when do WE get a player like that - - right off the draft?

When does one officially get to say "I told you so"

When an NFL owner recognizes your apparent excellent pro player evaluation skills and hires you to be GM.

In the meantime, keep your arrogance (and ignorance) for your fantasy football league.

The guy's on firs for sure. Interesting that they said he's a "Dwight Freeny" type, is super fast off the edge and is really smart. Let's hope that Maybin can do the same.

Also, this broadcast reminds me that Theisman is an idiot.

Watched it last week. Orakpo is a monster, but he missed alot of tackles that game. He benches like 550lbs and can bull rush anybody. He also has a pretty good spin move. I wanted him over Maybin all along. I think in the years to come we will be having similar debates about Orakpo vs. Maybin as we do Ngata vs. Whitner.

Watched it last week. Orakpo is a monster, but he missed alot of tackles that game. He benches like 550lbs and can bull rush anybody. He also has a pretty good spin move. I wanted him over Maybin all along. I think in the years to come we will be having similar debates about Orakpo vs. Maybin as we do Ngata vs. Whitner.

That is possible since Maybin was supposed to be about the third DE selected and the Bills of course, made him the first DE selected.

Maybin in predraft mocks was generally lower first round; orakpo top ten in many mocks.

The jury is still way out on both players though, interestig to see what happens.

I have seen some youtube stuff of Maybin recently and I am cautiously optimistic. Too bad we don't play Akron this year, THEN we would have a sure fire killer DE.

That is possible since Maybin was supposed to be about the third DE selected and the Bills of course, made him the first DE selected.

Maybin in predraft mocks was generally lower first round; orakpo top ten in many mocks.

The jury is still way out on both players though, interestig to see what happens.

I have seen some youtube stuff of Maybin recently and I am cautiously optimistic. Too bad we don't play Akron this year, THEN we would have a sure fire killer DE.

I wonder why, since we seem to be soooo concerned about the 3-4, we wouldn't entertain switching to it ourselves, especially with the Maybin pick. Seems to me we have the personnel to do it, but maybe I'm wrong....

Ngata is a clear choice above donte