Anyone Watching Orakpo Tonight?

May Day 10

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When does one officially get to say "I told you so"

When Orakpo doesn't suck like every other Texas FB player this decade.

He will be soft like all the other ones. After 6 weeks of getting pounded by NFL caliber tackles he will be a shell of his current self. Honestly except Oklahoma when does Texas play any team with any talent? How can you evaluate these guys?

I wonder why, since we seem to be soooo concerned about the 3-4, we wouldn't entertain switching to it ourselves, especially with the Maybin pick. Seems to me we have the personnel to do it, but maybe I'm wrong....

The Bills personnel would be awful for the 3-4 not that it is that good for a 4-3. Stroud is too small (he is taller than he is wide) for NT and not fast enough to play end in the 3-4(maybe he could have played DE over the RT when he was younger). Williams has no place in either system(but he has a high motor). Of course Kelsay and Denney suck. Schobel would need to move to OLB like Jason Taylor did yet he is not fast enough to play OLB anymore. We barely have two NFL capable LB's in Poz and Mitchell. That would leave us two short.

DJ and Fewell can't coach the 4-3 so it wouldn't matter if they can't coach the 3-4.

So other than that the switch would be a great idea.

Who cares? Why do people keep bringing up other players in the draft who are not Bills on a Buffalo Bills message board as if we missed the boat when our own guys havent had a chance to show what they can do yet?

We already have seen a lot promise from Lankster, Harris, Wood, and Nelson...Maybin and Byrd havent even gotten a chance to show anything yet too...

I mean right now it looks like we did a really good job with this draft, yet every day someone starts some thread on some other yahoo who isnt a Bill...

LMAO at this thread...

He will be soft like all the other ones. After 6 weeks of getting pounded by NFL caliber tackles he will be a shell of his current self. Honestly except Oklahoma when does Texas play any team with any talent? How can you evaluate these guys?

you don't know anything about college football...and that's cool, but you really shouldn't opine on the subject.

last year texas played 4 top 10 teams, and 5 in the top 11

they were 3-1 and 4-1 in those games, with the only loss coming on that ridiculous Michael Crabtree last second play

The Bills personnel would be awful for the 3-4 not that it is that good for a 4-3. Stroud is too small (he is taller than he is wide) for NT and not fast enough to play end in the 3-4(maybe he could have played DE over the RT when he was younger). Williams has no place in either system(but he has a high motor). Of course Kelsay and Denney suck. Schobel would need to move to OLB like Jason Taylor did yet he is not fast enough to play OLB anymore. We barely have two NFL capable LB's in Poz and Mitchell. That would leave us two short.

DJ and Fewell can't coach the 4-3 so it wouldn't matter if they can't coach the 3-4.

So other than that the switch would be a great idea.

That's great and all, except you left out about 5 guys that WOULD be able to play those positions, including Maybin.

And I would disagree with Stroud not being able to play NT, but I have no proof, only opinion.

It's funny to me because everyone here keeps screaming to get rid of Kelsay, Denney, and Schobel (to some extent), and this would be a great way to do so. Shake things up a bit, move some guys around, get creative. Hell you could even put Wendling at OLB in a 3-4 on some plays.

I may be getting carried away a little, but the dookie taco we currently roll out each week isn't really going to get us to the playoffs... then again if we blitzed once in a while maybe our D would look like an NFL unit...

Umm,

So are you including the following players in this blanket dismissal of all Texas players this decade as sucking and being soft? I think their teams would beg to differ. But perhaps you can explain it so we can all understand.

Casey Hampton - DT - Steelers Pro Bowls in '04, '06, '07 and '08.

Micheal Griffin - S - Titans -Pro Bowl in second year ('08). Led Titan in special teams tackles as a rookie BTW.

Shaun Rogers - DT- Lions and Browns - Pro Bowls in 04, 05

Priest Holmes - RB - Chiefs - Pro Bowls in '02 ,'03 and '04 while leading the league in rushing.

Nathan Vasher - CB - Pro Bowl in '05, led Bears D in ints as a rookie. Ranked 6th in NFL as a punt return avg between 04 and 08.

Leonard Davis - OG - Cards and Cowboys - Pro Bowls in '07 and '08, coincidentally after he left the Cards for the Cowboys.

Bo Scaife - TE - Titans - Set Franchise record for receptions by a rookie TE, caught 58 passes last season and named designated as Titans Franchise player this offseason.

Quentin Jammer - CB - Chargers - has started for the Chargers at CB for the past 6 seasons and recently signed to a long-term extension.

Cedric Griffin - CB - Vikings - Has started nearly every game for the Vikes since halfway through his rookie season.

Derrick Johnson - LB - Chiefs - has started nearly every game for the Chiefs over the past 4 seasons, and at every position in the 4-3 defense.

Justin Blaylock - OG - Falcons - Started for an O line that gave up a franchise low 17 sacks last season and ranked second in rush avg. in the NFL.

Cullen Loeffler - LS - Vikings - Has handled every special teams snap for the Vikes since winning the job his rookie season (six seasons).

Roy Williams - WR - Lions/Cowboys - Pro Bowl in '07.

And some younger guys like:

Jamaal Charles - RB - Chiefs - Had a 5.3 yard rushing avg and caught 27 passes for a 10 yard average as a rookie last season. Appeared in a ll 16 games.

Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers - He abused our 1st string defense for 3 catches and 46 yards in our game last week. IN hi second season.

There are others, but I think you have enough names to keep you busy explaining how all of these guys are soft like every other Longhorn player this decade.

Umm,

So are you including the following players in this blanket dismissal of all Texas players this decade as sucking and being soft? I think their teams would beg to differ. But perhaps you can explain it so we can all understand.

Casey Hampton - DT - Steelers Pro Bowls in '04, '06, '07 and '08.

Micheal Griffin - S - Titans -Pro Bowl in second year ('08). Led Titan in special teams tackles as a rookie BTW.

Shaun Rogers - DT- Lions and Browns - Pro Bowls in 04, 05

Priest Holmes - RB - Chiefs - Pro Bowls in '02 ,'03 and '04 while leading the league in rushing.

Nathan Vasher - CB - Pro Bowl in '05, led Bears D in ints as a rookie. Ranked 6th in NFL as a punt return avg between 04 and 08.

Leonard Davis - OG - Cards and Cowboys - Pro Bowls in '07 and '08, coincidentally after he left the Cards for the Cowboys.

don't confuse the people here with facts, obviously the bill fo knows what they are doing

Bo Scaife - TE - Titans - Set Franchise record for receptions by a rookie TE, caught 58 passes last season and named designated as Titans Franchise player this offseason.

Quentin Jammer - CB - Chargers - has started for the Chargers at CB for the past 6 seasons and recently signed to a long-term extension.

Cedric Griffin - CB - Vikings - Has started nearly every game for the Vikes since halfway through his rookie season.

Derrick Johnson - LB - Chiefs - has started nearly every game for the Chiefs over the past 4 seasons, and at every position in the 4-3 defense.

Justin Blaylock - OG - Falcons - Started for an O line that gave up a franchise low 17 sacks last season and ranked second in rush avg. in the NFL.

Cullen Loeffler - LS - Vikings - Has handled every special teams snap for the Vikes since winning the job his rookie season (six seasons).

Roy Williams - WR - Lions/Cowboys - Pro Bowl in '07.

And some younger guys like:

Jamaal Charles - RB - Chiefs - Had a 5.3 yard rushing avg and caught 27 passes for a 10 yard average as a rookie last season. Appeared in a ll 16 games.

Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers - He abused our 1st string defense for 3 catches and 46 yards in our game last week. IN hi second season.

There are others, but I think you have enough names to keep you busy explaining how all of these guys are soft like every other Longhorn player this decade.

The guy is absolutely dominant. Yes, I realize it is preseason but this guy is sick. Gets penetration to the QB, causes havok, and is all over anyone running the ball. Impact player this year.

are you his girl friend or something. give me a freaking break. you have not seen maybin play a single down and all you talk about is orapko every freaking day. its getting very annoying.

go root for the skins and give us all a break christ!

Orakpo will look impressive because you'll see him all over the place. He has a high motor and is an effort guy, but the reality is, he's as stiff as a board. He doesn't really have any pass rushing moves, he'll just run and run and run and get a sack if the tackle is tired. He's always moving and never stops. The sacks he gets are mostly on effort. Maybin is the opposite. The guy has pure talent.

When an NFL owner recognizes your apparent excellent pro player evaluation skills and hires you to be GM.

In the meantime, keep your arrogance (and ignorance) for your fantasy football league.

no freaking crap, can you say man crush.

WTF its pre season and he has the guy in the HOF!

When an NFL owner recognizes your apparent excellent pro player evaluation skills and hires you to be GM.

In the meantime, keep your arrogance (and ignorance) for your fantasy football league.

no freaking crap, can you say man crush.

WTF its pre season and he has the guy in the HOF!

Watched it last week. Orakpo is a monster, but he missed alot of tackles that game. He benches like 550lbs and can bull rush anybody. He also has a pretty good spin move. I wanted him over Maybin all along. I think in the years to come we will be having similar debates about Orakpo vs. Maybin as we do Ngata vs. Whitner.

unless your gill brandt i could care less what you think in 4 years,WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder why, since we seem to be soooo concerned about the 3-4, we wouldn't entertain switching to it ourselves, especially with the Maybin pick. Seems to me we have the personnel to do it, but maybe I'm wrong....

then we would have to practice against that alignment and our offense struggles against the 3-4.