Whew! It feels good to be back on my feet

I had a car accident some years back that left me with disc problems in my lower back.....

Well last monday I am getting dressed for work....bend down to pick up my work shoes and BLAM.....my back goes out and I fall on my face......

- Couldn't get out of bed (for anything yuk) for like 4 days

- ER shoots me full of demerall and tells me to follow up with an ORTHO and physical therapy (Great...takes about 2 weeks for me to get a appt around here)

So here I am using up all my sick and vacation time trying to nurse myself back to health and not doing a good job...and a friend of the family takes me to a Chiropratic (never been to one before) that charges $25. a session.

He puts me on the table....and I am fricking lop sided......he says....lay down flat. I respond with "I am laying flat"

He sees the problem immediately....one of my bulging disks had moved in a way that it was pinching a nerve in my back.....basically making me invalid. He works he way up to it and cracks my back and the pressure was instantly relieved...he did a coupe of other adjustments on me..the whole thing took like 15 minutes and told me to see him today.

I left there able to walk....very sore but back on my feet. God I hate laying in bed.

Good to hear that you're recovering John! I was in a pretty bad accident a few months back that left me with some lower back problems. Nothing too serious, but physical therapy/chiro for a month afterwards really helped me as well. My father had a nasty bulging disc in his back a few years ago that had him in a similar state for a few days. Not so fun. Glad they got things straightened out for you, literally and figuratively! :o

Good to hear you're doing okay John! Welcome back.

Whilst you were gone, we have a heated debate going on about the life of Teddy Kennedy, we're currently running Trent Edwards out of town, there was a collective pucker when it looked like Freddy Jackson might miss some action, Owen's piggy still hurts, Poojer is having a fetish for women named "Esther", everyone still hates Beerbawl and in case you didn't know it's STILL preseason.

That is all. Again, welcome back.

Good to hear you're doing okay John! Welcome back.

Whilst you were gone, we have a heated debate going on about the life of Teddy Kennedy, we're currently running Trent Edwards out of town, there was a collective pucker when it looked like Freddy Jackson might miss some action, Owen's piggy still hurts, Poojer is having a fetish for women named "Esther", everyone still hates Beerbawl and in case you didn't know it's STILL preseason.

That is all. Again, welcome back.

:o:lol: That is probably THE funniest post I have read on this board. Thx needed a laugh.

John FH welcome back to the world of the walking.

I had a car accident some years back that left me with disc problems in my lower back.....

Well last monday I am getting dressed for work....bend down to pick up my work shoes and BLAM.....my back goes out and I fall on my face......

- ER shoots me full of demerall and tells me to follow up with an ORTHO and physical therapy (Great...takes about 2 weeks for me to get a appt around here)

So here I am using up all my sick and vacation time trying to nurse myself back to health and not doing a good job...and a friend of the family takes me to a Chiropratic (never been to one before) that charges $25. a session.

He puts me on the table....and I am fricking lop sided......he says....lay down flat. I respond with "I am laying flat"

He sees the problem immediately....one of my bulging disks had moved in a way that it was pinching a nerve in my back.....basically making me invalid. He works he way up to it and cracks my back and the pressure was instantly relieved...he did a coupe of other adjustments on me..the whole thing took like 15 minutes and told me to see him today.

I left there able to walk....very sore but back on my feet. God I hate laying in bed.

Jesus Christ man, hope you're feeling better. How did you take a schit?

These are the random questions that run through my mind while reading posts like this. There's something wrong with me.

That's a sudden onset, John. Out of the blue, you imply.

Have you been paying attention to your diet and keeping up with the glucose monitoring? Diabetic neuropathy can happen episodically - before it becomes chronic.

Nice that the palliative treatments helped.

Jesus Christ man, hope you're feeling better. How did you take a schit?

These are the random questions that run through my mind while reading posts like this. There's something wrong with me.

The answer is......being practically carried back and forth by my manchild son.......

I knew all those steroids I was feeding him would pay off for something (sarcasm)

That's a sudden onset, John. Out of the blue, you imply.

Have you been paying attention to your diet and keeping up with the glucose monitoring? Diabetic neuropathy can happen episodically - before it becomes chronic.

Nice that the palliative treatments helped.

I am a diabetic.....I found out a while back when I was trying to go back into the military (National Guard). I have to check my levels every day, take meds, and keep a healthy diet.

While working out a less frequently (I used to be a 5 day a week guy.....was down to every other day now) one thing that I stopped doing that I should not have was the stretching that my PT said would keep my back limber and strong. I should not have done that and i paid for it.

When I read you were in bed for 10 days, I figured this was your hail Mary attempt to get your kid into a Div I program. :lol:

I am warming up to the idea of him starting out at a JUCO and not having huge school tuition costs. As of this moment he is still setting out because of the knee making sure it is 100% before he goes back. His coaches are being totally cool about it to as they said he will get his spot back once he is back up to speed (I am sure that could change if he isn't ready by the start of the season)

Right now just trying to get him past HS.

Awesome! Chiropractors are fairly controversial. I guess you're a believer now. :lol:

Welcome to the herniated disc fraternity. Now you too can start a crusade of telling people to take care of their backs after car accidents, because the symptoms won't appear for a year after the accident.

But seriously, consider acupuncture. It's the only thing that worked for me so far. No surgery yet.

I am a diabetic.....I found out a while back when I was trying to go back into the military (National Guard). I have to check my levels every day, take meds, and keep a healthy diet.

While working out a less frequently (I used to be a 5 day a week guy.....was down to every other day now) one thing that I stopped doing that I should not have was the stretching that my PT said would keep my back limber and strong. I should not have done that and i paid for it.

Give yoga a solid consideration. I've been in class a couple of times a week for the past 2 years and my golf game has improved greatly. Not that it was great to begin with, but . . .