Terrible Commercials

rockpile

My vote is for Mohegan Sun (mostly on YES network). I have been there two or three times and really enjoyed myself, but if all I saw was their commercials I would NEVER go there!

What commercials bug you the most, specifically because they make something good look really BAD?

I 'd have to say the Klondike Bar commercial where the guy is eating the ice cream while massaging the old womans feet.

Fixed

Teen boy? The guy is probably around 40.

You are correct. I posted that nearing 1:00 am and things weren't quite as clear as they are now.

The "get dunked on by Patrick Chewing" Snickers commercial sucks. But I am not boycotting Snickers.

:thumbsup:

In fact a lot of those Snickers commercials suck!

OT, but my doctor told me I wasn't getting enough Nougat in my diet and prescribed three Snickers a day. :lol:

Most commercials don't bug me because I mostly tune them out. The Patrick Chewing one does annoy me though.

:thumbsup:

In fact a lot of those Snickers commercials suck!

OT, but my doctor told me I wasn't getting enough Nougat in my diet and prescribed three Snickers a day. :lol:

Most commercials don't bug me because I mostly tune them out. The Patrick Chewing one does annoy me though.

I won't defend the Snickers campaign (as it is pretty weird) except to say I kind of like the way they use the packaging, but not the Snicker's name. There is a really good point to be made here (about how familiar and comforting the packaging has become) but I'm not sure they are doing the best job of making that point.

There are quite a few commercials that are horrible, but I have to think it there are any for products/services I actually like.

Nobody, I would think, wanted a serious answer here? :ph34r:

:blink: Well, it is the south. ;)

These are Krass Brothers Commercials I remember seeing on TV in the Philly area growing up. :wacko::lol:

I couldn't find my favorite which is Mr. Krass lying in a coffin with his hands folded and suddenly he sits upright and says "If you don't buy from Krass Brothers, YOU'RE DEAD!"

One

Two

:sick::ph34r:

So black people and rednecks shop at the store. Got it.

I knew there was a reason I DVR everything and rarely watch commercials...

EDIT: I don't think I could ever live in NC....

"Did you get a DWI? Well we got SCOOTERS!" :blink:

:sick::ph34r:

Haha. The commercial was youtube-only. It was obviously made with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I thought they were both funny in an awkward kind of way. But hey, what do I know -- I live in N.C.!

The Old Navy Mannequins. :worthy:

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner

Also, add in for anyone local in Niagara, the Commercials for Marineland in Niagra Falls. Almost everyone in the area knows that stupid jingle and wants to throw something at the TV/Radio when they come on. Its one reason why I don't like summer much

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner

Also, add in for anyone local in Niagara, the Commercials for Marineland in Niagra Falls. Almost everyone in the area knows that stupid jingle and wants to throw something at the TV/Radio when they come on. Its one reason why I don't like summer much

They come from the land of ice and snow....and now the song is in your head.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm not sure those two different minute and a half commercials are real. Commercials usually run 30 seconds or 60 seconds. I don't know though, maybe in redneckville minute and a half is standard? :thumbsup:

Haha. The commercial was youtube-only. It was obviously made with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I thought they were both funny in an awkward kind of way. But hey, what do I know -- I live in N.C.!

If they're Youtube! only then they are definitely fake. None of their customers would have internet access. :worthy:

What exactly is the point of those "that's the money you could be saving with Geico" commercials. Those things make absolutely no sense. Bring back the cavemen.

And I'm not sure if it's a decent product, but I've been seeing this one commercial lately that really bugs me. It's for Lectric Shave (what a horrible name). The hairs are smiling and yelling out "lectric shave". But they're about to be brutally murdered. Call me crazy, but I'm not going to be all happy if I'm about to be cut in half. Then they're still all happy after the razor passes and they're falling to the ground. Hmmm, maybe I'm paying a bit too much attention to this commercial.

What exactly is the point of those "that's the money you could be saving with Geico" commercials. Those things make absolutely no sense. Bring back the cavemen.

my take on those geico adds is that there is money staring you right in the face, and the people are too dumb to notice

The Free Credit Report commercials with the 20-something slacker singing/rapping/performing spoken verse "songs." Doesn't matter what I am doing, if any of those commercials come on, I change the channel (even to another channel showing a diffrent commercial). Can't stand that douche-nozzle...

my take on those geico adds is that there is money staring you right in the face, and the people are too dumb to notice

But they do see it. So they know about the money, but still do nothing about it? That seems like way too much thought for a stupid commercial, especially after the caveman and gecho commercials pretty much put it all right out there.

The Free Credit Report commercials with the 20-something slacker singing/rapping/performing spoken verse "songs." Doesn't matter what I am doing, if any of those commercials come on, I change the channel (even to another channel showing a diffrent commercial). Can't stand that douche-nozzle...

And they always seem to come on when during a show that I actually want to watch. Usually I just walk out of the room for a few seconds during commercial breaks, but I always run back in to mute the tv whenever any of those ads come on. They have to get just about every musical style into one of those ads, don't they? They're single handedly making me hate all music. Thanks a lot free credit report that isn't actually free.

yeah i don't get the geico money commercials either...some of the people seem to think its funny that the money is staring at them....i don't know....

I kind of like the freecreditreport.com commercials, they make me chuckle

But they do see it. So they know about the money, but still do nothing about it? That seems like way too much thought for a stupid commercial, especially after the caveman and gecho commercials pretty much put it all right out there.

And they always seem to come on when during a show that I actually want to watch. Usually I just walk out of the room for a few seconds during commercial breaks, but I always run back in to mute the tv whenever any of those ads come on. They have to get just about every musical style into one of those ads, don't they? They're single handedly making me hate all music. Thanks a lot free credit report that isn't actually free.