Maybin Signed per ESPN

H2o

That is interesting. I wonder - does that constitute some sort of tacit admission that Maybin's on the team, that he's considered by the Bills as an employee already, who simply happens to be negotiating a contract?

Not sure, but I did find it interesting that while they've updated to add Manalac, Etukeren and the rest, Sam's name is still on there. (Also, FWIW, I'm sitting here looking at a copy of the roster supplied to the media on the first weekend of camp. ALL the draft picks are shown -- remember, none of the other first- or second-rounders was in at that point, either.)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i think maybin might get a few snaps in a real regular season game around week 3. I think his stat line at the end of the year will read something like this:

G GS TT ST AT SAC INT PD FF FR

7 0 18 7 11 0.5 0 0 0 1

pretty pathetic for a number one 11th overall pick. Hes going to be pretty much useless to our team this year. He will just help out by giving the starters a breather once in a while. Stupid future bust holdout idiot!

Freaking brilliant. Somebody give this kid an energy drink and a skateboard so he stops posting.

Interestingly, as pointed out to me by Mr. Wawrow last week, Maybin's name has been on the active roster since the beginning of camp.

Also of note, while the active roster on bb.com does currently list 81 players, one of those names is PK Sam -- released by the Bills on July 31, and currently on the active roster of the Toronto Argonauts. There's your (or PFT's) roster move, long since made.

I saw this in an article on Yahoo!

PFT seems to believe that the Bills wanted to keep the signing of former Penn State defensive end Maybin quiet till after its game on Saturday so that it wouldn't have to cut a player from its roster before the game against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field

Really does not make sense that the Bills would want to keep the signing quiet until after Saturday if he's on the active roster, does it?

BTW, I'm glad John Wawrow is keeping us straight! :thumbdown: Thanks for all of your updates!

Really does not make sense that the Bills would want to keep the signing quiet until after Saturday if he's on the active roster, does it? !

Seems pretty trivial to me. There has to be a guy or five the Bills KNOW isn't going to make the roster. Better to give the guys that have a real chance of making it some more PT, IMO. But maybe they want to keep the DE depth for one more game and not risk injury to the guys likely to make the roster.

i think maybin might get a few snaps in a real regular season game around week 3. I think his stat line at the end of the year will read something like this:

7 0 18 7 11 0.5 0 0 0 1

pretty pathetic for a number one 11th overall pick. Hes going to be pretty much useless to our team this year. He will just help out by giving the starters a breather once in a while. Stupid future bust holdout idiot!

But he had much better stats in Madden.... :thumbdown:

7 0 18 7 11 0.5 0 0 0 1

So you think he forgot how to play football this last couple of months? I will bet he is in uniform on the active roster opening day.

Like any Rookie, Maybin will have a learning curve. heck Uhrlacher the other day was interviewed and said his rookie year all he did was run around like crazy. he learned over time how to play the pro game. You are gonna see Maybin lined up in obvious passing downs and told to run around the Tackle for now. He will learn more about the position as the season progress'.

After his prolonged hold out, to me, Maybin will be "Slight Wiennie" until he proves he's Dwight Freeney on the field.

My list:

#1 = Jason's Peter

#2 = Slight Wiennie

How ever will they get through the day knowing you don't like them? They will just have to console themselves with all their money, future financial security and the achievement of their life's dream, playing in the NFL.

I predict I will meet a woman next week, and we will start dating. She will be extremely unattractive and stupid. She will nag me constantly and be terrible in bed. Then, one night, she will steal most of my stuff, and disappear into the night.

That fuc#ing B word!

That sounds like my ex-wife dean. Be very careful she's even more evil than she appears.

I hope Maybin signs today but I'm going to reserve my excitement until he's actually signed.

Like any Rookie, Maybin will have a learning curve. heck Uhrlacher the other day was interviewed and said his rookie year all he did was run around like crazy. he learned over time how to play the pro game. You are gonna see Maybin lined up in obvious passing downs and told to run around the Tackle for now. He will learn more about the position as the season progress'.

Given the performance of our current DE's, he won't have to do much to earn some playing time.

I predict I will meet a woman next week, and we will start dating. She will be extremely unattractive and stupid. She will nag me constantly and be terrible in bed. Then, one night, she will steal most of my stuff, and disappear into the night.

That fuc#ing B word!

Okay, now that was funny.