Maybin Signed per ESPN

H2o

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeny, Maybin? what are you people talking about when you overlook the fact that, according to the intrawebnet, Etukeren (No. 71, i have come to discover), had equal to or better numbers and is, in fact, on the Bills roster as we speak.

Equal or better numbers than 5-years, $25M, with $15M guaranteed? :P

i forgot about him.

add him to the list with berman,jackson,jaws.

i like schlereth because he's not a ballwasher like most others on espn. he was one of the first to publicly call out favre for holding the nfl season hostage

You might have to alter your opinion of Schlereth. Just this week it appears he did some ballwashing. Schlereth played football at Idaho and was teammates with Raiders Head Coach Tom Cable. He reported that Cable didn't punch Randy Hanson when every other credible reporter covering the story is reporting that Cable did in fact punch Hanson, breaking his jaw. We'll see what's true in time. But it appears that Schlereth was in fact doing some ballwashing...or that Cable lied to him.

I could not disagree more. If you look at 1st round picks in the last ten years, how many have not played out their entire rookie contract? Even Alex Smith is still collecting from the 49ers.

Actually Captain, Alex Smith had his original contract re-worked just this March to ensure that the 49ers would not cut him. Many first rounders play out their original contract but not all. Thus guaranteed money is important.

Actually Captain, Alex Smith had his original contract re-worked just this March to ensure that the 49ers would not cut him. Many first rounders play out their original contract but not all. Thus guaranteed money is important.

I didn't realize that about Smith, but overall my point remains. Most of these players who are not complete busts play out their rookie contract, so guaranteed money is not as important as the total value of the contract. It's not like the Haynesworth deal where there's no way he'll see the last few years worth of salary.

Granted, the guaranteed money is a factor if the kid is a total bust, but when he's signing that contract, I hope that's the last thing on his mind.

Bills last draft picks to not play out their rookie contracts:

McGahee (traded)

Mike Williams (played 4 of 6 years)