I think our member ranking needs updating...

SDS

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the threat starting limit to some extend, moderation seems a great solution (if you arent the one having to approve the new threads), it may also help towards keeping the board cleaner and in the designated threads on gamedays. If you dont opt for moderation I'd limit it to 25 posts. That should be sufficient for peepz to get to know the houserules.

As for suggestions:

- Flea 0 - 25

- Ant

- Sparrow

- Cat

- Sheep

- Cow

- Buffalo

Seriously, though. I don't see it.

On the quote/reply bar to the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar left right next to top. Must learn to read before posting... Warning level... not page a mod knob...

One other nice privilidge could be choosing your own title most boards support that.

Also I need to learn how this mystic multiquoting works without doing it by hand...

We do. :wallbash:

OK, good. On the forums I was talking about, a poster sees his/her own warning level, even if there was nothing there. As long as you guys see it, we're cool.

I trust you let the poster know when a warning is given.

On the quote/reply bar to the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar left right next to top.

One other nice privilidge could be choosing your own title most boards support that.

Also I need to learn how this mystic multiquoting works without doing it by hand...

We can choose our own titles, after a certain level.

To use multi-quoting, hit the "Quote" button on every response you want to reply to, and the "Reply" button at the bottom of the thread/page. i just learned that last week. I was doing it the hard way for years.

BTW, I have no idea where you are asking me to look. I see nothing on the top left of the reply bar.

BTW, I have no idea where you are asking me to look. I see nothing on the top left of the reply bar.

On the quote/reply bar to the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar left right next to top. Must learn to read before posting... Warning level... not page a mod knob...

Sry for the confusion I read over the level part in warning level...

To use multi-quoting, hit the "Quote" button on every response you want to reply to, and the "Reply" button at the bottom of the thread/page. i just learned that last week. I was doing it the hard way for years.

Ooooooooooooooow, that's sweet, I'd been trying and trying to get that done. It worked in one go (allthough I ended up editing this anyway lol). Tyvm... /deepbow

I think you need to raise your level numbers some. 1600 posts for "Hall of Fame" seems to easy. Some of us have been here since the D&C days (though some of our post counts were lost in the server crash.) HOF should be like 10,000.

Our wise insights and attractive looks should count for something too. :wallbash:

PTR

Of course, I have my personal bias but what about basing it on longevity? Being able to remember ICE, Alaska Darin and Todd have to be worth more than posting " :wallbash: " a 1000 times.

<_<

UDFA 0

Practice Squad 50 *

Rookie 100 **

Veteran 500 ***

All Pro 1000 ****

Hall of Famer 1600 *****

Carpal Tunnel 2500 ******

I think this needs updating... any suggestions? Please try to make serious ones...

To me it should be

Camp Fodder - 0-99

Practice Squad - 100-249

Rookie - 250-499

Starter - 500-999

Veteran - 1000-1499

Pro-Bowler - 1500-2499

All-Pro - 2500-3499

Retired Number - 3500-4999

Carpal Tunnel - 5000-9999

Hall of Fame - 10000

I just think that the rating system should be spread out. Make it so that there aren't that many HOFers yet there are tons of layers in between to get to.

Do we really need to ? Ranking by number of posts is really not useful but I cannot think of a better way. e.g. we can have a Hall of Fame moron or a Undrafted Future HOF. I vote to keep it the same.

If you hadn't put the requirement of serious responses, I would have suggested a list that looks like:

Troll

Teen Moron

Moron

Self Centered Idiot

Anal Retentive

Verbose

Media

I'd certainly fall right in the middle of this ranking, per my post count. Very fitting.

Perhaps 50 posts to be allowed to start a thread is a little light. There are some on this board that have been around for only a few months and have posted what seems to be 8,000,000 times. That wouldn't make them "Media", it would make them.....well, I'm trying to learn my lessons. But perhaps 100 would be better. 200 might be too much.

I do like the idea of SOME sort of recognition of length-of-time on the Forum. I've not been here for as long as most, but am starting to get a little long in the tooth. As hard as I try (with work and travel and all), I just can't keep up with the post count of some of the newer folks. Besides, I just referenced Pyrite Gal last week. That has to count for something.

UDFA 0

Practice Squad 50 * 0 to 100 - try out

Rookie 100 ** 100 to 700 - rookie

Veteran 500 *** light veteran - 700 - 1500

All Pro 1000 **** veteran 1500 - 2500

Hall of Famer 1600 ***** 2500 - 5000 high paid vetran

Carpal Tunnel 2500 ******5000 7500 carpal tunnel

******************* 7500 - 12500 nominated for hall

******************* 12500 - 20,000 voted in hall of famer

******************* 20,000 plus retired nothing better to do than sit on the key board

Camp Fodder

Practice Squad

Rookie

Veteran

All Pro

Holding out for a new contract

Hall of Famer

Carpal Tunnel

Brett Favre

Wouldn't the Favre ranking be for someone that was on the board as a "Hall of Famer", albeit with an occaisonal post that got "picked" at, only to retire from the board with us giving them their dues only to find out that they've re-signed onto another board and became much loved and appreciated there only to retire, again and then to find out that they've come out of retirement and re-signed elsewhere... ... ...

the warning system is right there under your avatar. I'm sure yours just rerolled back to the start.

We can choose our own titles, after a certain level.

Ok, start at the Quote button, move all the way to the left, go up to almost the top and stop at your avatar, beneath your avatar is the warning system for your posts. Get it? Got it? Good!

Works for me, although you might want to spellcheck "probation" in the tag.

200 might be a little high for Steely's suggestion (and I know we've previously discussed it). But keeping new posters from starting threads for the first 25 or 50 -- or perhaps restricting that privilege to the new-poster forum -- may well be something to consider...

I think that's a great idea.

Ok, start at the Quote button, move all the way to the left, go up to almost the top and stop at your avatar, beneath your avatar is the warning system for your posts. Get it? Got it? Good!

Moron

To me it should be

Camp Fodder - 0-99

Practice Squad - 100-249

Rookie - 250-499

Starter - 500-999

Veteran - 1000-1499

Pro-Bowler - 1500-2499

All-Pro - 2500-3499

Retired Number - 3500-4999

Carpal Tunnel - 5000-9999

Hall of Fame - 10000

I just think that the rating system should be spread out. Make it so that there aren't that many HOFers yet there are tons of layers in between to get to.

+1

I'll amend this a little

HOF- 10,000 -20,000

Brett Farve- 20,000 - 30,000

Has no life- 30,000-50,000

DCTom/Alaska Darin 50,000+

+1

I'll amend this a little

HOF- 10,000 -20,000

Brett Farve- 20,000 - 30,000

Has no life- 30,000-50,000

DCTom/Alaska Darin 50,000+

Well, if you are looking to discourage people from reaching 50,000 posts, that should do it.