More speculation on Roscoe, this time from a local

Beerball

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Bills do not trade Parrish to a contender like the Steelers (the Rumor was out there before Draft day). The Steelers have a very average Special teams and you do not want to make them better on that area too.

As I said in another thread, if these morons trade Roscoe and his 30 yards of instant field position so that they can keep Justin Jenkins and save a few million bucks, they deserve the failure that will result. As bad as the offense has been the last few years, just imagine how much worse it would've been if Roscoe wasn't setting up great starting field position. And the notion of freeing up money to extend McGee is absurd, we have depth at CB.

As I said in another thread, if these morons trade Roscoe and his 30 yards of instant field position so that they can keep Justin Jenkins and save a few million bucks, they deserve the failure that will result. As bad as the offense has been the last few years, just imagine how much worse it would've been if Roscoe wasn't setting up great starting field position. And the notion of freeing up money to extend McGee is absurd, we have depth at CB.

what he said...

SO if it came down to it you would rather keep Parrish a PR and 4th WR at best over McGee who is our best DB (for now McKelvin is gonna be special)?

The complaint that Roscoe Parish makes is that he is pigeon hold as a special teams performer instead of giving him the opportunity as a wide out to make plays. It is a very valid. His point is well taken when he cites Devon Hester of the Bears who was allowed to expand his use on the field and performed very well as a receiver.

Josh Reed is a terrific blocker for a receiver and he is a good possession receiver. But he is not going to make plays and be a threat on the field. If Parrish is traded to a team such as the Steelers or the Falcons I wouldn't be surprised that he would flourish as a reciver.

Jauron needs to challenge his offensive coaches to maximize Roscoe's talents and not put a limit on his abilities. That is what coaches are supposed to do. Justin Jenkins, and receivers like him, are not going to have much impact on the offense as a big play threat such as Parrish would. A little more creativity and thinking outside of the box would do wonders for the offense and team.

I REALLY hope that we keep Roscoe. Hell, I wish that we used him more at WR too. The man is an insane punt returner, as is dynamite once the ball is (firmly) lodged in his hands. Did anyone see our punt and kick returns last night? I know that we didn't want to put the starters in, but it sucked pretty hard. The Bears, NOT a team known for their special teams had a better night.

Jenkins? No offense, but WTF? He's a special teams player like Roscoe, only not nearly as important.

Also, remember that T.O.'s contract expires at this season. As he's usually poison after the first year, we can trade him off and get 10 million to play with.

Or we could cut one of our incredibly overpaid, consistently underproducing DE's.

I watched Copeland Bryan's disruptive pass rush last night and was saying to myself, "This is better pressure than KelsayDenny". I vote losing one or two of those two and keep 7 WR's, particularly if you stick with no-huddle. Keep them WR's fresh and you keep the opponent's DB's gassed.

The complaint that Roscoe Parish makes is that he is pigeon hold as a special teams performer instead of giving him the opportunity as a wide out to make plays. It is a very valid. His point is well taken when he cites Devon Hester of the Bears who was allowed to expand his use on the field and performed very well as a receiver.

Josh Reed is a terrific blocker for a receiver and he is a good possession receiver. But he is not going to make plays and be a threat on the field. If Parrish is traded to a team such as the Steelers or the Falcons I wouldn't be surprised that he would flourish as a reciver.

Jauron needs to challenge his offensive coaches to maximize Roscoe's talents and not put a limit on his abilities. That is what coaches are supposed to do. Justin Jenkins, and receivers like him, are not going to have much impact on the offense as a big play threat such as Parrish would. A little more creativity and thinking outside of the box would do wonders for the offense and team.

What makes you think putting on another jersey will make Parrish an effective WR? If he is such a dangerous WR, why do the Bills have to be "more creative" and "think outside the box" to make use of him? How about he lines up, runs his pattern, catches the ball and runs more than 3 or 4 yards after the catch?

You know, like actual WRs.

They need to keep Roscoe....and start him in the slot reciver's role. I disagree with the Bills coaching staff's fascination with Josh Reed. The guy is average at best. His strongest attribute is blocking. It was just 2 years ago most fans wanted to see him gone due to him having the dropsies. We've seen what we're going to get from Reed....and he's never going to be a gamebreaker. We might as well try to get anohter gamebreaker on the field with Roscoe instead of Reed. .

They need to keep Roscoe....and start him in the slot reciver's role. I disagree with the Bills coaching staff's fascination with Josh Reed. The guy is average at best. His strongest attribute is blocking. It was just 2 years ago most fans wanted to see him gone due to him having the dropsies. We've seen what we're going to get from Reed....and he's never going to be a gamebreaker. We might as well try to get anohter gamebreaker on the field with Roscoe instead of Reed. .

I agree. As much as I think Josh Reed has developed into a better receiver, he's at most a possesion receiver and his size isn't suitable for that role. Hardy, Johnson, or Jenkins could develop into that and we'd get better matchups and results.

The only speedsters we have are Evans and Parrish. Parrish needs to be that wildcard in the no-huddle and do return duties to take the pressure off of our DB's.

I watched Copeland Bryan's disruptive pass rush last night and was saying to myself, "This is better pressure than KelsayDenny". I vote losing one or two of those two and keep 7 WR's, particularly if you stick with no-huddle. Keep them WR's fresh and you keep the opponent's DB's gassed.

Our backup DE's looked better than our starting DE's last night. IMO, Parrish should be used as deep threat since he has blazing speed. I remember a few years ago (vs the Jets) when Parrish caught the ball down the middle, splitting 2 defenders and ran 54 yards for a TD like it was nothing. Like other posters have said, the coaches need to use Parrish's strengths.

All Josh Reed does is turn 3rd and longs into first and 10's! You have a problem with that? I like RP but the man is not reliable. If you want to be involved in the O you have to be consistant. That means running a 10 yard route instead of a 4 yard route, or not running an out when it's supposed to be a hook. If you are not consistantly where you're supposed to be you will not get touches. Now as far as the RP vs JJ talk, Id rather have a TD maker back there than a good ST guy who can be replaced by a number of others.

The question is not whether to use Roscoe more on offense, or whether he's better than Reed. The question is whether to trade him outright. The article on the front page of TBD suggests that Roscoe is a luxury. Bullcrap. Wendling is a luxury. Justin Jenkins is a luxury. 8 DBs is a luxury. Having a dynamic special teams player who makes the offense's job easier is not a luxury for this team, it's a necessity.