The Michael Vick Thread

Simon

Even if the Bills were to sign Vick, I think the smart thing would be to wait until after Saturday's game if at all possible. The backlash would be huge and I don't think they would want protesters outside the Ralph it being Kids Day and all.

I'll stick with JW, this is all crap that is just flying around the internet and picking up steam.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if all this nonsense would be going on if the Bills hadn't signed TO?

It's all his fault.

Thread killer. :nana:

Do you really believe for one second that will stop anything?

Even if the Bills were to sign Vick, I think the smart thing would be to wait until after Saturday's game if at all possible. The backlash would be huge and I don't think they would want protesters outside the Ralph it being Kids Day and all.

I'll stick with JW, this is all crap that is just flying around the internet and picking up steam.

Agreed. Everything we've heard from "real" sources (Warrow, Shefter, etc) state that Vick isn't in town. Everyone's best friend's brothers cousin says he's in Buffalo.

I'll trust the people who have...you know...factual sources.

(this is not a slam on you vall by any means, I just believe your source may be misinformed)

I would bet the Vick to Buffalo rumors are coming from US, the fans - messageboards, Twitter, Facebook and other social media now rule the sports "reporting" world.

Look at Pro Football Talk - it was (mostly) all unsubstantiated rumors and the NFL wanted no part. Then a few years later 8 billion people were following the site and the NFL *had* to get involved, if only to tell their side of the story.

Half of the scoops these days are guys like Scoob, driving around in their Beemers throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks...

Agreed. Everything we've heard from "real" sources (Warrow, Shefter, etc) state that Vick isn't in town. Everyone's best friend's brothers cousin says he's in Buffalo.

I'll trust the people who have...you know...factual sources.

(this is not a slam on you vall by any means, I just believe your source may be misinformed)

I sincerely hope you and all of the credible people are right.

Backlash? I doubt it.

I guarantee you that the fans will go crazy for him.

its rumors like these that cause other fans to think we are the laughing stock of the NFL. It's rumors like these that make other big name players think that we will be excited to have anybody on the field. It is that desperation that scares players to other cities.

Seriously stop drooling and save some face.

The Buffalo Bills stand by their original statement that the team has no interest in adding Michael Vick to the roster at this time.

http://twitter.com/buffalobillscom

Right from the Bills Twitter account.

What in the hell does, "at this time", mean?? 4:00pm???? Right this second???? Never?????

this rumor is getting crazy. it is all over twitter, pro football talk and other sites.

If this rumor is true...I am sitting out this season as a fan. F•CK Vick.

Signing T.O. is one thing (a good thing IMO)...signing Vick is going to do nothing but create bring more negative attention to the area, and create yet another QB controversy. Not to mention the guy killed how many dogs???????

The Buffalo Bills stand by their original statement that the team has no interest in adding Michael Vick to the roster at this time.

http://twitter.com/buffalobillscom

Right from the Bills Twitter account.

Hogwash - sources deep within the restaurant and transportaiton industries in WNY are reporting this signing is imminent. This twitter is merely a cleavor Brandon ruse planted to throw the dogs off the scent....

My source at Keller Chevrolet said "Jesus Christ himself just bought a white Chevy Aveo"

My source at Glen Campbell Chevrolet states "Lucifer just left the lot in a red Chevy Aveo"

Adam Schefter tweets: "Drag race Friday night at Lancaster Speedway between JC and Satan for the right to sign Vick for eternity....... :nana:

OK - I just got a call from someone with connections to the Bills who says that Vick is at OBD. Cheese and Rice this had better not be true.

Uhuh, and euhrm Adam Schefter is a liar when he says Vick is taking his physical in Rochester?

From my understanding when a huge thread is repeatedly refreshed in rapid succession by multiple posters, it tends to wear on the server. Anticipating an upcoming pattern such as this I closed the ginormous thread and opened a new one for the incoming updated information in hopes it would go easier on said server.

fair enough.

jw

p.s. folks, will be filing story on the rampant rumors, while leading with what the Bills position has been all along.

I still don't understand the facination with Michael Vick. What did he ever do to the Falcons but turn good WR's into bad ones? Seriously who was Roddy White until Matt Ryan showed up? He was labeled a bust by many people when Vick was his QB.

Anyone who thinks Vick will bring a team to the SB is seriously high.

fair enough.

jw

p.s. folks, will be filing story on the rampant rumors, while leading with what the Bills position has been all along.

Any clarification of what "at this time" really means?

I still don't understand the fascination with Michael Vick. What did he ever do to the Falcons but turn good WR's into bad ones? Seriously who was Roddy White until Matt Ryan showed up? He was labeled a bust by many people when Vick was his QB.

Anyone who thinks Vick will bring a team to the SB is seriously high.

+1

Signing Vick immediately boosts your TE's value (see Alge Crumpler) while simultaneously destroying the stats of any and all WR's.

He's a future Wildcat/Punt Returner/Slash....the Bills don't need a larger sized Roscoe Parrish.

I work with a guy who forwarded me this rubish:

"One of the guys I work with has an indirect connection to Turk

Shoenert's son, and apparently Vick is in Buffalo and is going to sign

here tomorrow. It could be a joke, but with Russ Brandon running

things, who knows what he would do to put on a show."

I hope this crap ends soon, not quite as bad as the Cutler rumors, but quickly approaching it.....