The Michael Vick Thread

Simon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Schefter via Twitter:

To the tweeters tweeting me that Michael Vick is in Buffalo - false. Still believe his deal will be done by Monday, but he's not in Buffalo.

13 minutes ago from UberTwitter

The best part of all of this is how the FIRST few posts (of the last thread) were about how this is going to get blown waaaaaay out of proportion. And look what happened.

I'm still trusting Warrow on this, he's scooped us so many times before...Vick isn't coming to Buffalo.

You may now continue with the next 20 pages of "I SAW VICK IN WEGMANS BUYIN FANTA!11!!!1!" posts

QUOTE (CJPearl2 @ Aug 13 2009, 02:45 PM) *

A friend sent this link to me from someone's Twitter account. Take it with a BIG grain of salt. Even though I have no idea who this guy is, or what his connections to OBD are, I thought I should post it.

http://twitter.com/MikeLesczinski

This guy's post has been retweeted about 400 times today. He is a real person using his real name. He should catch hell for it.

Not to add more fuel to the fire, but Rich Eisen just posted (http://twitter.com/richeisen)

"For all those going nuts about Bills/Vick rumors, the team is having a press conf in 10 mins. What about, who knows? Could be nothing or..."

I don't know if I can still be a Bills fan if he's on the team. I'd have to wait til he left to come back. :nana:

I don't know if I can still be a Bills fan if he's on the team. I'd have to wait til he left to come back. :nana:

Really? The guy acted like an inhumane !@#$ and made a series of poor decisions, but he also served a pretty lengthy jail sentence plus some to pay for it. If the courts deemed that to be enough punishment, then why isn't it enough for you? It obviously isn't if your going to stop rooting for a team that I'm guessing you've followed for many years just because they sign the guy.

Really? The guy acted like an inhumane !@#$ and made a series of poor decisions, but he also served a pretty lengthy jail sentence plus some to pay for it. If the courts deemed that to be enough punishment, then why isn't it enough for you? It obviously isn't if your going to stop rooting for a team that I'm guessing you've followed for many years just because they sign the guy.

First I said I didn't know if I could. Second the guy is a scumbag. I don't want anyone with the exceedingly low moral fiber on my team.

More from Rich "Talk about crazy rumors. Apparently the Bills didn't have a press conf at all and Vick is not in Buffalo either."

Strange that even he would think there's a presser - wouldn't his production staff get that info straight from the Bills PR staff??

respectfully, i do think the moderators closed the wrong thread on this one. rumor-vick, i think had it all.

jw

From my understanding when a huge thread is repeatedly refreshed in rapid succession by multiple posters, it tends to wear on the server. Anticipating an upcoming pattern such as this I closed the ginormous thread and opened a new one for the incoming updated information in hopes it would go easier on said server.

First I said I didn't know if I could. Second the guy is a scumbag. I don't want anyone with the exceedingly low moral fiber on my team.

i feel the same way, but it's not totally based on him being a scumbag (besides the dog drowning, he knowingly spread STDs, etc)

I just think that if we were to sign him, it's basically the franchise saying "Why not?!? We don't really have a shot anyways, let's just get us as much attention as possible."

even if youre talking about just bringing him in in a backup role, id rather get Griese.

From my understanding when a huge thread is repeatedly refreshed in rapid succession by multiple posters, it tends to wear on the server. Anticipating an upcoming pattern such as this I closed the ginormous thread and opened a new one for the incoming updated information in hopes it would go easier on said server.

things are holding up nicely. If a signing were to occur, I would probably just need to make one tweak and we would be alright. Of course, that would mean a rumor thread would be an actual signing thread.