Parrish unhappy requested trade

As for returning kickoffs, if he did I'd be afraid that he might lose his life doing so. I don't remember a frailer looking wide receiver ever.

Webster Slaughter?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never bought it either given the premium the Bills place on all facets of special teams. Roscoe is a weapon, pure and simple, and makes teams pay when they kick to him. I can't count the number of times he's given us good field position. That said, he'll NEVER be a wideout because he's not strong enough and can't beat press coverage consistently. Nor is he the caliber of Reed in the slot given what that position demands from a physical standpoint. But he's worth keeping just for punt returns alone. I just hope he doesn't become too disgruntled. And maybe we'll find ourselves in game situations where we can get him the ball in creative ways offensively.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly and he is paid very well to return punts!!!

Webster Slaughter?

True. And Jeffires from the Oilers looked frail as well. Tall but frail. The old timers all looked frail by today's standards, don't they. Maynard, Saur, Alworth. A hungover Max Magee? I love those old farts. Must be the empathy.

GO BILLS!!!

Here is how I see the situation. Roscoe is looking at being the 4-6th WR and the punt returnman. Right now Roscoe is battling Steve Johnson who is injured for playtime and eventually James Hardy when he returns. The problem is, there are few places that Roscoe fits in this offense. He's not a slot and over the middle guy because lets face it, he'll get killed by LBers and bigger safeties if he gets hung out to dry on a bad throw, ie Flutie getting Thurman killed against the Colts.

Roscoe needs separation to be effective and I don't think if he's on the outside he can consistently beat the bump at the line. What could be done to get him some room is to line TO and Evans up on one side of the field and try to stretch the other with Roscoe's speed. It will draw some coverage away, but I think a lot of DC's would catch on to that quick and beat it with a zone scheme.

All and all, I think Roscoe is pretty expendable, but will not be traded until someone throws a good offer at the Bills for him.

As for punt returns duties if Roscoe should leave, the obvious choice would be McKelvin, but if he is to be the #2 CB this year, I don't think i would be risking injury on PR. Fred Jackson, Steve Johnson, and Ellis Lankster would probably be used to fill that role.

Webster Slaughter?

True. And Jeffires from the Oilers looked frail as well. Tall but frail. The old timers all looked frail by today's standards, don't they. Maynard, Saur, Alworth. A hungover Max Magee? I love those old farts. Must be the empathy.

GO BILLS!!!

Good examples. Slaughter was listed as 6-6'1" and 175. I thought also of Anthony Carter who was generously listed at 6'1" and 175 pounds. But to my eye, I can never remember a player as short and skinny as Roscoe is.

WRT to DeSean Jackson, he is pretty small. The other night I was watching the NFL Network replay of last year's NFC Championship Game (Philly at Arizona) and Jackson made a great tackle from behind on an interception by the large safety Aaron Francisco. Jackson hustled from behind and forced a fumble by Francisco which was recovered by Philly. It was a great football play. Every time they showed McNabb on the sidelines, Jackson was standing next to him talking to him. I think DeSean Jackson is a very special player.

Roscoe has all the talent that Wes Welker has, but is never in the position to succeed like Welker is. Welker was talented in Miami but produces 10x more in NE. Supplant Roscoe for Welker and Roscoe gets the same production.

Roscoe has all the talent that Wes Welker has, but is never in the position to succeed like Welker is. Welker was talented in Miami but produces 10x more in NE. Supplant Roscoe for Welker and Roscoe gets the same production.

Returning punts does not equate into being as good as Welker. Let me tell ya, if he was

that good, he would be gone considering the Bills shopped him in the offseason. Some

team would have jumped on him if he were that good. Unless the Bills were asking too

much, but if he were that good, another team would have worked a deal.

He may be great at punt return. Problem is we have a few other good PR's on the team.

Roscoe can go. Would like to see him succeed, but with Owens in town and being hopefully

a large part of the the offense, it ain't gonna happen.

Roscoe is nowhere close to the player Welker is. Just because he is the same size as Welker, does not mean they are similar players. It's like saying James Hardy is a similar player to Plaxico Burress just because they are both above 6'4".

He thinks he should be a super star receiver?!? Don't get me wrong, I love the guys game, and think he could be used a bit more, and i love how dynamic he is. But a super star?

I'm not sure that as a HC I'd want anyone who expects less. JMO

He drops too many balls. For a superstar anyway.

Jaguars interested in Parrish

I read the same thing on Martha Stewart's blog. :wallbash:

It might speak to Parrish's intelligence or awareness, but if he wasn't in a coma, they were trying to trade him for a big portion of the off season, so what makes him think if he requests a trade it will make it happen?

Where did you get your information that the Bills were trying to trade him this offseason?

From TG's article;

The Bills simply weren't interested in trading Parrish. He skipped voluntary workouts. On the first day of mandatory minicamp, he mostly watched from the sideline with an ice wrap on his leg.

I may be wrong here, but I believe Roscoe's straight-line speed (in uniform on the field) is at least as good as McGee's.

I agree, but there has to be some reason that he's never even been considered for KR's.

I tend to agree with that.

In the last 2 years, Roscoe could not beat out JOSH REED for the # 2 spot.

That alone should tell you something.

Great KO/PR man, but how many times did he signal for a fair catch when there was PLENTY of room to run. More than once. :lol: Still a bad a$$ return man , he should have been WAY better though.

Poor Roscoe , TO was bad enough, now Steve Johnson is getting some love from the coaches. So Trade me , thats your response . :wallbash:

When he signed his contract extension , he was still the # 3 wideout and was paid accordingly .

Roscoe is less like Chrebet and Welker, and more like Teddy Ginn.

However even Sparano has been able to integrate Ginn into the offense pretty well; anyone remember us getting gouged for big yardage last year?! I agree with the poster a few pages back who stated that no receiver stands a chance playing for DJ..

Roscoe is nowhere close to the player Welker is. Just because he is the same size as Welker, does not mean they are similar players. It's like saying James Hardy is a similar player to Plaxico Burress just because they are both above 6'4".

Fingon's right. Welker and Chrebet are/were tough guys. From the slot, they take a pounding often. Nobody is going to see Roscoe as a critical down receiver. Roscoe seems to have few YAC when at WR--he's too easy to bring down unless he has 10 guys blocking for him.

People tend to overlook the field position advantage that Roscoe provides. As bad as the Bills' offense was the last couple of years, things would've been even worse but for Parrish setting up better field position on punt returns.

That said, I've never understood how a guy with that kind of quickness doesn't get open on every single play, but he doesn't.

Bills Camp Notes

Of course, there were some lighter moments, too. Like after practice, when quarterback Trent Edwards joked about his role in the "wildcat" formation used by the offense.

Edwards contends the Bills are working on it at camp to prepare the defense for games against the wildcat users, like the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots.

Wide receiver Roscoe Parrish looks quite comfortable taking the snaps with Edwards lined up to the side, however.

To which Edwards joked, "Our quarterback in that set hasn't gotten me the ball and it's a little frustrating."

His return skills are difficult to replace.

Josh Reed's skillset as a WR is very very easy to replace, which is why as somebody finally mercifully pointed out on page 4 of a pointless thread yesterday, we could not get a 5th round pick for him if we tried.

hey get with it- the guy is productive! WE HAVE TO TRADE HIM! :wallbash:

i don't care what he thinks or what he says. he is a top-5 kick returner, no more, no less. not a superstar WR, but a guy we need.

the minute you start taking for granted that anyone we throw back there will produce...that's when we can add one more to the laundry list of problems on this team.

is it that Trent has little confidence in him or simply has a hard time finding him on the field (or both).

I noticed a couple times last night after Parrish ran a wrong route and/or dropped a pass that Trent took him aside and talked to him, maybe the issue isn't physical ability, maybe it's intelligence, what good is that ability if you dont use it to your advantage?

I'm not saying Roscoe would be a superstar, but the Bills certainly have NOT put their players in a position to succeed or made the most of their weapons in the past few years.

Maybe this year Roscoe will get some chances to make the plays he's capable of with the Wildcat. He'sone of the few players on our offense that can score anytime he touches the ball.