Parrish unhappy requested trade

I noticed a couple times last night after Parrish ran a wrong route and/or dropped a pass that Trent took him aside and talked to him, maybe the issue isn't physical ability, maybe it's intelligence, what good is that ability if you dont use it to your advantage?

or concentration. That would explain drops as well as missed routes. Maybe he's a little ADD.

At this point, I think both he and the Bills would be better off with a trade. The Bills have not used him much. It may be for good reason, but he'd have a chance to prove the Bills wrong after going to another team.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roscoe is less like Chrebet and Welker, and more like Teddy Ginn.

However even Sparano has been able to integrate Ginn into the offense pretty well; anyone remember us getting gouged for big yardage last year?! I agree with the poster a few pages back who stated that no receiver stands a chance playing for DJ..

hmmm. ted ginn only toasted us because the bills coaching staff chose to keep a gimpy mcgee in the game against him. ginn did not do much else the rest of the season as i recall.

I'm not saying Roscoe would be a superstar, but the Bills certainly have NOT put their players in a position to succeed or made the most of their weapons in the past few years.

Maybe this year Roscoe will get some chances to make the plays he's capable of with the Wildcat. He'sone of the few players on our offense that can score anytime he touches the ball.

What the Bills - and particularly guys like Roscoe - need is a HC/OC like...

Danny Afghanistan

“Distributing the ball to all the different skill players is our biggest emphasis. We're not a team that hands it to one guy and throws it to two. We want all five skill positions to touch the ball.” - Danny Afghanistan

What's amazing its that it took him a whole 8 minutes to see it here, do a 'cut & paste' and post it there - verbatim. :lol:

SKOOB's slowin' down - must be tough trying to flood every Bills board out there with 'inside knowledge'. :wallbash:

Wonder if they know about his BMW, his mansion (the one next to Golisano's), and his yacht over there on BB.com?

Really? Why?

Look at when they tried he is too small to absorb the first hit. This is not unlike one of his issues at WR if the defender stays with him the guy is easliy tackled hence he has no YAC.

The known trick to returning punts is making the first guy miss - a skill which Roscoe has in spades. You get no argument that he is a fantastic punt returner but that is the only role he can and has played in the NFL.

Here is how I see the situation. Roscoe is looking at being the 4-6th WR and the punt returnman. Right now Roscoe is battling Steve Johnson who is injured for playtime and eventually James Hardy when he returns. The problem is, there are few places that Roscoe fits in this offense. He's not a slot and over the middle guy because lets face it, he'll get killed by LBers and bigger safeties if he gets hung out to dry on a bad throw, ie Flutie getting Thurman killed against the Colts.

Roscoe needs separation to be effective and I don't think if he's on the outside he can consistently beat the bump at the line. What could be done to get him some room is to line TO and Evans up on one side of the field and try to stretch the other with Roscoe's speed. It will draw some coverage away, but I think a lot of DC's would catch on to that quick and beat it with a zone scheme.

All and all, I think Roscoe is pretty expendable, but will not be traded until someone throws a good offer at the Bills for him.

As for punt returns duties if Roscoe should leave, the obvious choice would be McKelvin, but if he is to be the #2 CB this year, I don't think i would be risking injury on PR. Fred Jackson, Steve Johnson, and Ellis Lankster would probably be used to fill that role.

Welker and Chrebet go/went over the middle all the time and had nice long careers. It is dependent on your QB giving you decent throws and knowing when to go down. Now, if Parrish is UNWILLING to go across the middle for fear of getting lit up, that's another story. He doesn't have pure deep ball skills like a Santana Moss or even Devin Hester, so he's going to have to make his living in the slot and on trick plays like end-arounds, bubble screens, etc.

I am not saying the guy will become a 80-100 catch receiver all of a sudden, but I think he can be a very valuable player to some team, grabbing 45-60 passes out of the slot with good YAC and great return man skills.

What's amazing its that it took him a whole 8 minutes to see it here, do a 'cut & paste' and post it there - verbatim. :thumbsup:

SKOOB's slowin' down - must be tough trying to flood every Bills board out there with 'inside knowledge'. :rolleyes:

Wonder if they know about his BMW, his mansion (the one next to Golisano), and his yacht over there on BB.com?

Thats not as good as skoob stealing someone else's training camp photos form here and re-posting them there as his own. (and then finally giving credit to the owner after the owner called him out).

Skoob has some serious mental issues.

Returning punts does not equate into being as good as Welker. Let me tell ya, if he was

that good, he would be gone considering the Bills shopped him in the offseason. Some

team would have jumped on him if he were that good. Unless the Bills were asking too

much, but if he were that good, another team would have worked a deal.

once again, the Bills weren't trying to trade Roscoe

The Bills FO (including most of the current alchemists, and dearly departed Linda B.) made Parrish their first pick of the 2005 draft and 55th pick overall to make sure that their trade to the Cowboys to reach for Losman in 2004 could wreck the greatest possible damage.

It sure worked...

Parrrish is more like dante hall then steve smith...and lets not forget 3 games started last year and 8 catches 101 yards

I've got to agree with Roscoe. It's insane that the Bills don't utilize him more. Perhaps he's not the most polished receiver; but he should be catching balls on slip screens, reverses,--i.e., getting some touches in space. It's not like this team has that many other guys who can score a TD any time they touch the ball.

Did you see the reverse we tried last year with him? He got smoked for a huge loss. And he's too small to get off the jam on the line. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the wildcat since he was a high school QB though. He's also no where near as physical or near as good at blocking as Smith.

I like scoe, but I wouldn't mind seeing him traded for someone that can play this year.

He's had 5 years, you would think that if the coaching staff had a huge amount of confidence in him, he would be in there more often. Any time I see him catch the ball he falls down almost immediately. Great Punt Returner, but his receiver skills are not up to par.

He's had 5 years, you would think that if the coaching staff had a huge amount of confidence in him, he would be in there more often. Any time I see him catch the ball he falls down almost immediately. Great Punt Returner, but his receiver skills are not up to par.

I believe that the bills just havent been utilizing him the correct way, screens, reverses and even flee flickers for christ sake... remember Antwan randle El when he was on the steelers with ward, they used to do that sh-- all the time and it worked perfectly

Parrish will NOT be traded this season for draft picks. I don't think the front office would do that without the coaching staff's blessing. And there is no reason DJ would say OK, as he knows he needs to win now or not be around to benefit from the next draft. So the only way Parrish is traded is if it for a player who can immediately fill a current need. Maybe package Parrish along with a draft pick for a linebacker, etc.

I find it laughable that people are so enamored with Roscoe because his numbers in no way justify the hype. Agreed that he has perhaps been bit by the QB situation in Buffalo but arguably that is a two way street. He is overpaid and underperforms. While I recognize there are designed reads on plays and he is likely not the first option on most of them if he consistently gets open he will get more chances. My belief is that he does not create enough separation and trent has trouble finding him over the middle because of his size.

Personally, I wish the Bills would have traded him.

I couldn't disagree more with this post.

Roscoe is a return ace much like Eric Metcalf used to be for Cleveland. Field position is not 'hype'.

In terms of his offensive ability, I partially see it as a size issue and poor coaching. He often has a slow start off of the line, which is only compounded if he is jammed. Plays are set up for him, but since it seems to take him awhile longer to get started, they usually don't go to far.

But after he gets going, Parrish has the 'quicks' to make people miss.

For his special teams ability alone, he is worthy of his contract and status. I'd love to see him working out of the backfield on different types of plays (pitches, flea flickers, etc), since he needs room to get started.

But I would only make a trade for a #3 or #2 or proven player in an area of need.

Go back and look at his returns the past 2 years. How is he not exciting every time he touches the ball on a return? I just don't get the Roscoe haters.

I believe that the bills just havent been utilizing him the correct way, screens, reverses and even flee flickers for christ sake... remember Antwan randle El when he was on the steelers with ward, they used to do that sh-- all the time and it worked perfectly

exactly!

Welker and Chrebet go/went over the middle all the time and had nice long careers. It is dependent on your QB giving you decent throws and knowing when to go down. Now, if Parrish is UNWILLING to go across the middle for fear of getting lit up, that's another story. He doesn't have pure deep ball skills like a Santana Moss or even Devin Hester, so he's going to have to make his living in the slot and on trick plays like end-arounds, bubble screens, etc.

I am not saying the guy will become a 80-100 catch receiver all of a sudden, but I think he can be a very valuable player to some team, grabbing 45-60 passes out of the slot with good YAC and great return man skills.

Welker & Chrebet are TOUGH guys & I'm pretty sure much, stronger than Parrish. The Bills had a guy like them in the 70's Lou Piccone. That said I love Parrish's return ability & would hate to see him traded.

Agreed

Is there anybody who wouldn't want Mathias Kiwanuka on the Bills?

Personally, I would trade Lynch and Parrish for Kiwi in a heart beat. Lynch seems destined to go down badly, and Parrish is a luxury gadget on a 7-9 team.

Lindell's leg is sore from trying FGs. The Bills can't get any QB pressure, let alone a sack.

Imo, this thread and the one about Reed are one and the same. Both players are capable of some production. I like Reed better because he actually gets open. The thing is, what is the max we could get for either of them? Perhaps a 4th, if that? It aint gonna be much.

I don't care so much if they dump Parrish, but Reed will be open all day with TO and Evans to watch, if of course there is time to throw.