Parrish unhappy requested trade

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-69/...s-sideline.html

Interesting read posted by Tim Graham. I don't think anyone is surprised that Parrish is unhappy with the role he has on this team. I think the guy is capable of making big plays if put in the right position which is something this coaching staff has had trouble figuring out.

I find it laughable that people are so enamored with Roscoe because his numbers in no way justify the hype. Agreed that he has perhaps been bit by the QB situation in Buffalo but arguably that is a two way street. He is overpaid and underperforms. While I recognize there are designed reads on plays and he is likely not the first option on most of them if he consistently gets open he will get more chances. My belief is that he does not create enough separation and trent has trouble finding him over the middle because of his size.

Personally, I wish the Bills would have traded him.

I find it laughable that people are so enamored with Roscoe because his numbers in no way justify the hype. Agreed that he has perhaps been bit by the QB situation in Buffalo but arguably that is a two way street. He is overpaid and underperforms. While I recognize there are designed reads on plays and he is likely not the first option on most of them if he consistently gets open he will get more chances. My belief is that he does not create enough separation and trent has trouble finding him over the middle because of his size.

There is still time......I heard that Baltimore is looking for some help at wide receiver. At this point, I would be happy with a 4th round pick in 2010. We really don't need him.

Here was my wacky dream for unloading Parrish:

trade Parrish

"You got some guys satisfied with being a role player or just being on a team. You got some guys who want to up their games an extra notch every year and not be complacent. That makes you a superstar.

"Coming into my fifth year, I should be a superstar wide receiver, not a punt returner."

An 8 year vet who's slow, got no R.A.C. but is a 'good blocker'?

Honestly, I think the TO signing could be a Godsend for Roscoe. I predict he will see the field less often, but I think his production could actually improve.

Honestly, I think the TO signing could be a Godsend for Roscoe. I predict he will see the field less often, but I think his production could actually improve.

I can see where you are coming from on this but my hunch (obviously no data or no Skooby like inside sources) is that Trent has little confidence in him or simply has a hard time finding him on the field (or both).

I've got to agree with Roscoe. It's insane that the Bills don't utilize him more. Perhaps he's not the most polished receiver; but he should be catching balls on slip screens, reverses,--i.e., getting some touches in space. It's not like this team has that many other guys who can score a TD any time they touch the ball.

Any receiver playing for Dick Jauron is wasting his time. They should all want to be traded.

The Bills FO (including most of the current alchemists, and dearly departed Linda B.) made Parrish their first pick of the 2005 draft and 55th pick overall to make sure that their trade to the Cowboys to reach for Losman in 2004 could wreck the greatest possible damage.

It sure worked...