1. 1. RJ or JP

• RJ
    • JP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with RJ on this just because neither of them put together a particularly great season, so I think of better games. The game where RJ took the job away from Flutie against the Colts was one of the more impressive games I've seen from a Bills Qb. Also, say what you want, but he walked off the field a winner against the Titans in that playoff game.

All of JP's great games consisted of great long balls to Evans, but not a great overall game.

Now, if you are asking me which one I personally like better, then it's JP all the way.

I went with RJ on this just because neither of them put together a particularly great season, so I think of better games. The game where RJ took the job away from Flutie against the Colts was one of the more impressive games I've seen from a Bills Qb. Also, say what you want, but he walked off the field a winner against the Titans in that playoff game.

All of JP's great games consisted of great long balls to Evans, but not a great overall game.

Now, if you are asking me which one I personally like better, then it's JP all the way.

my sentiments exactly!

Neither guy had much peripheral vision, their down fall, along with fragile egos. But, all the elements right, RJ was a much better QB than JP. Not even very close, IMO. Granted, you could argue that RJ played on more talented teams than JP did, but the smallest nuances of the game just never seemed to come very easy to JP. People forget, RJ put together some very nice, solid games in his time in Buffalo. There was the shootout games against the Rams and 49'ers, as well as tough gritty performances in Kansas City and Tampa Bay, where RJ got the crap kicked out of him, but hung in there. The closest JP ever had to a "coming out" party was the 2006 game in Houston, with the two 83 yard strikes to Lee Evans, and the game winner to Peerless in the final seconds. But, the next week, he was back to his old inconsistent, mistake prone self.

RJ gets my vote, even though I really appreciate the way that JP has embraced Buffalo. RJ had massive balls and never quit. I've seen JP get frustrated and seemingly go into "fuggit" mode on the field.

RJ>JP

Would you rather be...

kicked in the balls

OR

punched in the nose?

But, seriously, RJ was clearly the better choice of two bad qb's.

Edit: BTW, does this thread count for the over/under on Losman threads? :devil:

rj was a fragile guy who held the ball too long who had great qb skills.

jp was a fragile guy who held the ball too long who had zero qb skills.

jp is the worst qb to ever get 30+ starts. he sucked the most.

I went JP because he was so grossly mishandled and might have developed somewhere else. He was raw coming out of college, he needed a good fit, and we didnt provide it. I think he has more talent and leadership potential than lame RJ ever had. They both bombed here, but RJ had more talent to work with IMO and better situation. RJ should have never been starting in the first place, Flutie was the better QB.

I take J.P. Losman, His only year as a starter, he got better the second half of the season. In 2006 19 tds and 14 int. in first year as a fulltime starter 84 qb rating , not bad season. Was the last time we made improvement in total wins from the year before. We had 5 wins in 2005 and we went to 7 wins 2006. Rob Johnson best year with Bills, 12 tds and 7 int. and only threw for a little over 2000 yds. 2006 Losman had more tds, com. pct. and qb rating than big Ben that year and Big Ben had more int. that year. About the same in sacks. Losman sucked the two years after that. But I take Losman one year as a starter over any year Rob Johnson had with us.

I went JP because he was so grossly mishandled and might have developed somewhere else. He was raw coming out of college, he needed a good fit, and we didnt provide it. I think he has more talent and leadership potential than lame RJ ever had. They both bombed here, but RJ had more talent to work with IMO and better situation. RJ should have never been starting in the first place, Flutie was the better QB.

Really alphadawg? Your going with JP?

Did not see that coming.

This is very tough question. But if you look at the data, many of the claims made by JP apologists here are simply made up.

JP was mishandled? He was not thrown in as a rookie first rounder. He was allowed to sit and observe from a guy who was at the tail end of a solid career. He never had to worry about a nasty acrimonious "QB controversy"--in fact, he never actually had to compete for the job.

RJ had "more talent" than JP? Let's tke a look. RJ's targets were Moulds, Price and McDaniels. JP had Evans, Reed and Price. Now way you can say there is a significant difference in those crews. At RB, RJ had the dull trio of Smith, Bryson, Morris. JP had MacGahee and Thomas. Advantage JP. Finally the defense. Rj's was ranked higher in yards allowed but gave up a lot more points than JPs defense--that's what matters.

In all, RJ did not have a better situation at all. JP was never a leader. He was never a guy who did much studying of film and he did not engage with his team while riding the pines last year.

RJ took more of a beating, I think. Both were very fragile. RJs totals were less than JPs becuse he only had 11 starts in his best year.

Slight advantage RJ.

That's a tough hair to split.

Rob Johnson did have that game in Tenn. won. It was the wrong decision to start him over Flutie but he did his job.

Overall Johnson was the better QB, he would at least try and run for the first down, JP would not know what to do if his main target was not open.

what he said...

what he said...

To expand...would you take a player who couldn't get a start with his previous team? or would you take a 23rd overall pick?

In general, the 23rd overall pick will have a better chance of success if the opportunity is right...