favorite quotes

Pete

"Much too good for these bohemians!" ~The electrician at my work

"Take a flyin' phuck at a rolling donout!" ~My father

Oh... You want good quotes: A few from Frost:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain." ~Robert Frost

"Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with." ~Robert Frost

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is a good intercourse Champagne"

---My wife last week at a Champagne tasting.

I think that she meant a good Champagne for in between courses. Maybe not. Stay tuned.

I think that was a very classy way of saying "this is a good !@#$ing champagne".

"This is a good intercourse Champagne"

---My wife last week at a Champagne tasting.

I think that she meant a good Champagne for in between courses. Maybe not. Stay tuned.

If she said that last week and nothing happened since, it ain't gonna

If she said that last week and nothing happened since, it ain't gonna

Chef reeeeeeeeeeeeally wants to tell you that I already said that but his keyboard is too sticky. He has Sage's friend booked on the first flight out to lick the problem.

"Follow me. Follow me to freedom!"

-Charlie Steiner

"Sometimes the best team doesn't win."

-An incredibly bitter Brendan Morrison during his Hobey Baker acceptance speech, the day after his Michigan team was eliminated from the NCAA semi-finals.

"No you can't"

-Me in response to Miami of Ohio fans chanting "Yes we can" after their team went up 3-1 late in the finals of the NCAA hockey tourney last month

Here's a couple of favs that immediately come to mind:

¶ "I still don't know who that is. Who is this Willie Parker?" -- Bills cornerback Terrence Mcgee, Jan. 2, 2005, in response to reporters referencing Parker, the Steelers-then fourth-string running back, gaining 102 yards rushing in a 29-24 win in the 2004 season finale that ended Buffalo's hopes of making the playoffs.

¶ "It was an honor. This is my last year. It don't look like I'm going to be holding no championship trophy over my head, so I wanted to get the feel of one." -- Charles Barkley of the Houston Rockets Nov. 30, 1999, in response to question of him holding the CFL Grey Cup championship trophy the night before in nightclub celebrating with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

¶ The ones who love us best, are the ones we'll lay to rest,

¶ and visit their graves on holidays at best.

¶ The ones who love us least, are the ones we'll die to please.

¶ If it's any consolation, I don't begin to understand them.

¶ -- The Replacements, "Bastards of Young.

¶ Anywhere's better than here.

¶ -- The Replacements, "Anywhere's Better Than Here."

jw

the ten seconds it takes to put on a condom beats the hell out of the ten years you have to pretend to like soccer

--Charlie Harper

What's shaking, Norm?

All four cheeks and a couple of chins.

--Norm Peterson

Women. Can't live with 'em ... pass the beer nuts.

--Norm Peterson

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

--Oscar Wilde

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we

didn't.

--Erica Jong

The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.

--Robin Williams

Women. Can't live with 'em ... pass the beer nuts.

--Norm Peterson

Was it Al Bundy that said "Women. Can't live with 'em" and then just stopped right there?

We need to resurrect Al's former club. The National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Mastery (NO MA'AM)

I have a NO MA'AM shirt! I'm in.

We need more Al Bundy quotes!

"That's what being a man is all about, Steve. Making mistakes and not caring."

"Yeah, doggone it. If we could only be comfortable with our age like you darn gals. You know, I mean, in the morning you go into the bathroom, a little blush, a little mascara and voila. You got an old woman scared of rain. Then you try and clean and jerk your breasts into a bra, ease some exercise pants over that front and back belly, go down to the market and flirt with the bag boy. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's just pretty pathetic when we guys try to cling to our youth."

"Hooters, hooters, yum yum yum. Hooters hooters on a girl that's dumb."

"I've seen her from the front, I've seen her from the back. / I've seen her in a chair, I've seen her in a sack. / I've seen her stand, I've seen her crouch. / I've seen her on her stupid couch. / I do not like her in the mall, I do not like her in the hall. / I do not like her in my life, I do not like my big red wife."

and of course! "Let's rock."