favorite quotes

Pete

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“In my opinion, sir, any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed.”

“If it hadn’t been for those damned Yanks we could have kept the war going for another 10 years.”

"People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them."

'Fighting' (or 'Mad') Jack Churchill, WW2 Commando

'When people say to me, you know, were you in this? Were you in that? Did you work in this? Did you work in that? I always used to say 'Can you keep a secret?' And they would say 'Yes, yes' and I would say "So can I."'

Christopher Lee, Actor and member of the SOE

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asssshole be a father." - Tod Higgins

"Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora." - El Guapo

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -F. Sinatra