Bills sign OT Joel Bell

From KFFL:

Bills | Bell signed

Comment (0) Tweet me!

Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:29:56 -0700

The Buffalo Bills have signed undrafted free-agent OT Joel Bell (Furman). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Considered one of the top UDFAs available. A lot were clamoring for him with the 7th rounder, does this make some people less angry over that CB pick?

Joel Bell is a great pickup. many scouts had a third round grade on this OT. Way to go Buffalo.

Orion martin is great pickup too. How bad was the Ellis pick???? Martin replaced him and had similar if not better numbers. Same position, same system.

Scouts Inc. has bell as the 21st best tackle, 171st overall prospect.

McShay had him going mid-6th round in his seven round mock. Overall, a solid pickup.

Edit: our future tackles: the Bellboys? the Bell Brothers? The Bell Pops?

When the Bells Toll

If we took this guy in the 7th, and picked up a CB after the draft, would there be less C- grades and more A- grades?

The collective intelligence of this board is at an all-time low. I can't wait until draft fever is over.

hahaha, no kidding...

McShay had him going mid-6th round in his seven round mock. Overall, a solid pickup.

The Taco Bells?

The Bell Ringers

From KFFL:

Bills | Bell signed

Comment (0) Tweet me!

The Buffalo Bills have signed undrafted free-agent OT Joel Bell (Furman). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Considered one of the top UDFAs available. A lot were clamoring for him with the 7th rounder, does this make some people less angry over that CB pick?

Great pick up in FA. Although if it does not pan out I can hear the critics now. "We gave up all pro Peters for a couple of Dumb Bells"

From KFFL:

Bills | Bell signed

Comment (0) Tweet me!

Angry about 7th round draft choices?? Chances are neither the 7th round CB nor this rookie free agent Tackle will make the team anyway, so who gets pissed about these guys? :thumbsup:

That seems to indicate they believe this kid has a decent shot at making the active roster, I would think.

Agreed. The more I look at this kid, the more excited I become.

He was in the upper portion of every OL test at the combine and is plenty strong, unlike Bell last year (27 reps @ 225 vs. 30 for Wood). If he works hard on his technique over the next year or so, he could be a real diamond in the rough...

Agreed. The more I look at this kid, the more excited I become.

He was in the upper portion of every OL test at the combine and is plenty strong, unlike Bell last year (27 reps @ 225 vs. 30 for Wood). If he works hard on his technique over the next year or so, he could be a real diamond in the rough...

I have heard of a lot of two year deals for UDFA, and it may even be the norm for the first wave. But I don't recall seeing any three year deals before. Granted, they hardly ever mention the contracts these guys sign, although I do know sometimes they end up paying as much for an UDFA that they do for a 7th round pick if there is a mini-bidding war for them. But I would think that a three year deal is rather rare. Of course, it doesn't cost the team much if they keep him or cut him, and they should probably sign all these guys to three year deals just in case one of them surprises you. This guy seems to have a chance though. I'd be surprised if he is not on the PS this year.