Levi Jones?

Lurker

6. The Buffalo Bills didn't address their need for a tackle after trading left tackle Jason Peters to Philadelphia. This makes you wonder whether the Bills are waiting for the Cincinnati Bengals to cut left tackle Levi Jones. The Bengals will trade or cut Jones because they selected Andre Smith in the first round. Meanwhile, the Bills picked Eric Wood in the first round. Buffalo plans to play him at guard but could use him at center because it drafted guard Andy Levitre in the second round. Jones could offer an option at left tackle that might allow Langston Walker to move back to right tackle. Jones remains on the Bengals' roster, but not for long.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Levi Jones' play fallen off so much he's not even worth keeping?

They probably just don't want to pay him. He's not super expensive, 3-5 mil per year for the next 4 years. But he has definitely deteriorated. They also have a cheap guy they like who could play RT while Andre Smith starts at LT. I can't say I honestly know whether he is still a solid LT but I would definitely take a look. If he could play a stopgap role for two years while Bell develops and allowing us to keep Walker at RT that would be a huge addition.

If we could get 2 or 3 years out of him until Bell is ready that would be a good deal for the Bills.

It is a money thing.

Another question why are papers/magazines alleged experts coming out with grades already. It is so crazy. They don't mean a thing.

Wow, this could be huge. Outside of OT, and who knows how much of a need that really is, I like the way the Bills are looking so far. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add another LB or two.

Bills should look at getting Jones. If it does not cost anything substantial I think they should pull the trigger. Even if Jones play has fallen off a little bit he could be good for a year or two as a stop gap to give bell some time to develop. Adding a good vet at LB is a no brainier since there are some out there and there might be some cut in June. either way the bills roster could use some tweaks even after a solid draft.

We would need to sign Levi AFTER he is cut. If i recall, he got a gigantic top 5 deal.

He did but it's pretty cheap now. 3 mil this year. 3.75 next. 4 something the third and 5 the 4th. His first two years of the $40 million dollar deal he got about 20 mil I think. Those may be a little off, but they're close. It would almost be better to trade for him.

They probably just don't want to pay him. He's not super expensive, 3-5 mil per year for the next 4 years. But he has definitely deteriorated. They also have a cheap guy they like who could play RT while Andre Smith starts at LT. I can't say I honestly know whether he is still a solid LT but I would definitely take a look. If he could play a stopgap role for two years while Bell develops and allowing us to keep Walker at RT that would be a huge addition.

I'd find it hard to believe that the Bills plan was to wait until the Bengals cut Jones, and then sign him. If the Bengals do cut him, for sure we should sign him because we're now desparate. I like the Bills draft, but I can't help but think it was a failure because we did not address our Offensive Tackle need.

I'm not lazy, just incompetent. I just Googled "Levi Jones Draft Status" and got 7,000,000 entries covering everything from offensive tackles to denim jeans in the military. When was this guy drafted, and where was he slotted? As I recall, he was all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips at the time, right?

I'd find it hard to believe that the Bills plan was to wait until the Bengals cut Jones, and then sign him. If the Bengals do cut him, for sure we should sign him because we're now desparate. I like the Bills draft, but I can't help but think it was a failure because we did not address our Offensive Tackle need.

I agree, there's no way Buffalo knew Cincinnati was definitely going OT at 6. I wouldn't mind the acquisition of L. Jones, because Bell isn't ready to play RT, Chambers is a swing OT, and frankly Butler isn't an OT in the NFL. Some will assail this, but it'd be a mismatch if any of them played long term at OT. And it's just wrong to say Walker can play LT long term.

I really don't think there was an OT after A. Smith who would come in and start from Day 1. Neither Britton nor Beatty are the types I want playing LT against many teams.

I'm not lazy, just incompetent. I just Googled "Levi Jones Draft Status" and got 7,000,000 entries covering everything from offensive tackles to denim jeans in the military. When was this guy drafted, and where was he slotted? As I recall, he was all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips at the time, right?

Drafted in 2002. Has dealt with injuries over the last few seasons. A downgrade from Peters, I think, but an upgrade over what they currently have.