Levi Jones?

Lurker

Steady now, McLovin'. I said that I thought he was all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips. I just couldn't remember how stale the chips were. Same draft as Williams? That's probably when I was wishing we'd drafted him. For good reason. Cincy got more miles out of him than we got out of Williams.

Wouldn't that be something? It would be worth taking a shot at him for a couple of years. Hope the injuries aren't too serious, like musculoskeletal (ligamenture) stuff. That has a way of nagging for.....decades.

"Ligamenture?.....translation please?

The grades you see now are merely based on perceived value of the draft and how they filled needs.

At the very least he's very good depth.

I thought I owned a pair of his jeans. <_<

:thumbsup:

Your OL evaluations are a reach, Vet. Bell MAY be ready, we don't know that yet, Chambers, so, so, Butler has OT experience and good size for the position and very well may be ready to play the position, and Walker... maybe we'll soon find out, eh?

levi jones would be a great pick and would allow us to have unheard of O-Line depth for this team. I'd feel really, really good about our o-line with him because it gives Bell, Levitre, etc time to develop. We more importantly need a LB. I don't know how this Nic Harris is that we got. HE is 4.78 40, at 6'3, 235. So he is bigger than Ellison and hopefully a little faster. But I am still not thrilled. Guess we will see...

Maybe Buffalo knew A.Smith was either going to go to Cincinnati or be available at 11.

LT plan A - draft A. Smith @ 11

LT plan B - pick up L.Jones after Cincinnati cuts him due to drafting A.Smith @ 11

LT plan C - turn Bell into the 2nd coming of J.Peters

Not a chance. Nostradamus ain't walking into the Bills war room, nor has he ever.

Your OL evaluations are a reach, Vet. Bell MAY be ready, we don't know that yet, Chambers, so, so, Butler has OT experience and good size for the position and very well may be ready to play the position, and Walker... maybe we'll soon find out, eh?

This is a guy who did 9 reps of 225 at the combine. I'm positive he's increased his strength, but he started playing the position in college after being a basketball guy and did not get any PT last year. I'm speculating that he has a way to go to refine his technique and improv his strength to a NFL OT level. I believe he's a half way through a 2 year apprenticeship to learn the position for NFL play.

Chambers was blasted at OG in the away NE and that plan ended soon. He should remain the backup OT. Butler can be good at times, but has had some injury issues of late. Won't complain if he remains the starting RG, but there's a reason he moved inside when entering the NFL.

Walker is a guy who lacks lateral mobility at RT, let alone LT. Too many people marginalize the LT position into being like the other line spots. Put simply, Walker is adequate at RT, but moves poorly. I can remember the toss play to Jackson at Denver when Walker's inability to move out right allowed the woeful Denver defense to stop Jackson. He is not LT material, nor will he ever be. As a matter of fact, he didn't start full time OT until his fifth NFL season. No one moves into the LT spot after 7 seasons in the league. That's a move borne out of desperation.

None of the LT options as of today are attractive. But because Walker played some there last season some casual fans think he can do so for the entire year. It's a pipe dream, especially with Freeney, Peppers, Porter twice, Mario Williams, and whoever Belichick trots out there two more times. Rex Ryan will be bringing heat with his rush LB's as well. That's 9 times we'll be seeing top pass rushers or 3-4 defenses. Walker hasn't had to deal with fast OLB's either.